| Author |
Message |
| < General ~ Okay, Heelys: This just isn't cool. |
|
Posted:
Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:53 pm
|
|
|
Museum Curator
Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 1476
Location: Central North Dakota, aka The Middle of Nowhere
|
|
<name removed>: kellys just called
<name removed>: i have to go on chatrooms and tell people about gamers, 3 hours a week, and i get payed for it
I cannot fucking believe this.
This isn't marketing. This is Amway shit. This is the kind of thing that "Street Gliderz" has to do. Seriously, you're going to pay a teenage girl, one of your valued team members, to spend three hours a week shilling for this piece of shit and/or ruining her reputation in the process? <name removed>, listen very closely, because everything on the Internet is saved somewhere: Don't EVER use ANYTHING connected to your personal information to do this, if you're really going to go through with this one! DO NOT let anyone know you're a team member, unless you want all of Team Heelys to be known as shills! And prepare to get banned. Lots and lots of banned, from all kinds of chat rooms and forums. (No, not from Heelychat- I'm more merciful than that and you can't possibly be stupid enough to try it here anyway.)
No, this isn't just a Slicer thing. I am number #19,132 or so in a huge long line of forum admins who immediately ban for this stuff. Using an open chat medium to advertise your unrelated product is spam, universally reviled, and practically guaranteed to make people hate you and the product you're advertising. If I see anyone coming on here and making obvious shill posts promoting something not Heelys-related, I'll insta-ban, and to make an example, I'll edit the post to say the exact opposite.
And no, going to general shoe forums and advertising Gamers ("related topic, right?") probably won't win you any friends either.
Whoever got the idea to turn team members into shills ought to be point-blank fired, and I openly call for the immediate resignation of whoever initiated this. Just GTFO. Go find some other company to fuck up. Heelys has enough things to deal with- they don't need Internet backlash on top.
seth1230™: this really isnt going to help the heelys rep on the net
seth1230™: its already at "its for little kids" i wonder how low it will go?
seth1230™: limbo limbo limbooooh |
_________________ Community: We want new Megas!
a finger on the monkey's paw curls: we get them, and they're hideous |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:17 pm
|
|
|
Museum Curator
Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 1476
Location: Central North Dakota, aka The Middle of Nowhere
|
|
<name removed>: ok thanjks, im not sure if i want the green gamers
<name removed>: accorfding to kelly we're supposed to wear em to school...
<name removed>: i HAVE to get them....
<name removed>: my EMM (team manager) qwants me and <name removed> (other teamate) to wear them and tell people about them...
<name removed>: yeah i know all that pricacy stuff, im probably just gonna find like...a few forums, make a post about the gamers, and leave, nothing else
<name removed>: and im not using this username
<name removed>: thanks though, i wasnt thinking about the safety stuff till i read it
Slicer: so you're a spammer
Slicer: whether or not you spam other forums is up to you, <name removed>
Slicer: I'm not vindictive enough to do anything to you for it
Slicer: but whoever told you to do that
Slicer: ought to get fired, now
<name removed>: well...im getting paied to use a computer...and on top of hat im getting oaied to roll around and do tricks infront of people
Slicer: well yeah, that's the whole point of Team Heelys
<name removed>: im not gonna spam..w.ell...technicly yeah....but...well..idk...i cant explain it....
Slicer: it's cognitive dissonance, <name removed>
Slicer: how can the people who make the product you love so much be asking you to do something like this?
<name removed>: she said just find like.......talk to he people on the forums, (not heelychat,) and then bring the gamer thing up in a convo
Slicer: Yeah. And it'll be dead-obvious to anyone with real Internet experience that you work for the company.
<name removed>: i really dont know...but id do about anything for money right now
Slicer: Did she tell you to lie, when asked? Most shills do
<name removed>: no
Slicer: ...this won't end well
<name removed>: she just try and get hte word around that the gamers coming out, and what it is
<name removed>: said try*
<name removed>: and if my parents dont like the idea, i dont have to, if i dont wanna, i dont have to, but im going to a concert for the best frweaking band ive ever heard....and theres a buncha stuff im gonna buy
Slicer: how should I put this?
<name removed>: this isnt as big of a deal to me as it is to you
Slicer: first off, do NOT, DO NOT do this in person with your friends, being paid to affect the conversations you have with your friends is a good way to lose them
Slicer: Almost certainly not, but Internet experience has a lot to do with it...
Slicer: go back to the forums you advertise on
Slicer: see how many posts still remain
<name removed>: i mean...i love heelys, i dont know what id do without em, i, but every company has more than one type of merch. that they sell.....try and think of a brand thats ONLY SELLS ONE THING
Slicer: see how many have been blasted as spam, if you haven't been banned
Slicer: *shrugs* That's not the point, I'd be even MORE pissed if they started paying team members to advertise real Heelys like this
<name removed>: my friends dont even liek heelys that much, and im SUPER close to all of them...i would never try and get my friends to buy anything
Slicer: there's a huge difference between being involved in something because it's what you love.. and being paid to go out and advertise something on non-advertising related forums
\Slicer: ask yourself: "Do these people really want to hear this in this place?"
<name removed>: idk....ill try it out....if i dont like it...or if it starts making me feel really bad about the whole thing, ill stop
Slicer: be sure to tell us how it goes- you can even post the results in the topic I made if you want
Slicer: again, <name removed>, I'm not mad at you, I just think you're being badly used here
<name removed>: she doesnt want me to adverise...she just wants me to let people know what gamers are...i mean seriously...how many people do you think know what they are????
Slicer: *gentle smile* "Letting people know what they are" IS advertising, <name removed>. Try to do one without the other. It's conceptually impossible.
<name removed>: yeah i know....but isnt that what team heelys is also, they hire us to get people to buy heelys, we're just thinking its worse with the gamer cuz its not as popular to us as heelys are
Slicer: *shakes head* again, it wouldn't matter to me- I mean I expect Team Heelys to promote Heelys... but if someone started paying Team Heelys members to SPAM for Heelys on unrelated forums, I'd be pissed
Slicer: the product, itself, isn't the point of concern here
<name removed>: ok not unrelated....like...websites for people who play video games ansd stuff?????
Slicer: This is one of those things where you'll probably have to see the results for yourself.
<name removed>: she said try and find forums for online games and stuff
<name removed>: like i said...ill try it out
Slicer: but again, don't EVER let it be traced back to you |
_________________ Community: We want new Megas!
a finger on the monkey's paw curls: we get them, and they're hideous |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:43 pm
|
|
|
Museum Curator
Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 1476
Location: Central North Dakota, aka The Middle of Nowhere
|
|
The person who was going to do this has informed me that he or she will not be going through with it. Thank God.
ing hard here- To the next would-be genius who comes up with something like this, just don't, okay? Spam and pseudo-conversations don't work and are not the kind of thing you ought to be telling your team members to do. Spend the money on Google ads or in-store marketing or something. |
_________________ Community: We want new Megas!
a finger on the monkey's paw curls: we get them, and they're hideous |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:50 pm
|
|
|
Team Heelys - Midwest
Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 8388607
|
|
| *sigh* I cant believe what I just saw. |
_________________ Your mind is like a parachute, it works best when open.
It's better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not.
Katielh2: cum is short for come lol
drummer: I'M HORNY
XxHeelyZxX: lol dont feel bad its normal xD
seth1230™: I AM HORNY TOO GUYS!
Hailey H.: are you acting gay?
AJ roth: NO!
Hailey H.: .. oh .. so your not acting?
GH: a plato is a larger peice of flat land that is elevated above the rest of the land
HeelysBabe: haha. It does have vert. My jeans make my butt look weird.
H33LYcRaZeD: I feel so lubed
HeelysBabe: Im selling my body
shifter1254: i read *incest whistle*
Big Mac: testy
JDH: i hate this rash! so itchy!
Slicer: use a condom next time
JDH: y? |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:22 pm
|
|
|
Heelys Maniac/Punmaster in Training
Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 577
Location: North East, The One and Only!
|
|
dayuuuuum id be pissed too we dont need another troll no offense to the person
Troll
i hope this dont happen again.. |
_________________ Slide 7106, Torch 9162, Switch 7219, Chill 7255, Ninja 7319
#3 Of PEAR Club
51,200 G.P.
Brian/Danny/H2/Emma are my Short Palz
seth1230™: lmfao i log in and i see HT say im a hooker xD
shifter1254: then i guess i want to hug hold hands and kiss HT
IVI4V3R1CK: alrighty guys, I'm out like the fat kid in dodgeball
01001001: yes...i'm a gay robot
HeelysBabe: -milks the cow-
Kain: @emma....*cough*nymph*cough*...
EmmaHeelz: that hamster is sexayyy
HeelysBabe: WAIT...YOUR A GIRL?!
  |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:56 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 567
Location: Centerville, Ohio
|
|
| lol That really would just increase the hate for heelys even more. |
|
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:16 pm
|
|
|
Team Heelys - Northeast
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 1803
|
|
Me? I'm just going to keep doing what I love - skating hybrid, of which Heelys is still the best product for.
If you skate or do ANYTHING just for fame or money or to feel cool, then you're dufus.
I know its hard to people to understand - especially kids. To a certain degree its a moral dilemma , and I don't blame them. Sometimes you have to be a cheerleader. You want to please your sponsor. But sometimes what companies ask you to do is to sell out. And its hard to see where one ends and the other begins. Not all EMMs are bad. I've met a few I wouldn't let watch my dogs. Then I've met some that really care about the skaters and where the sport is going.
The thing that guides me is simply this. Ask yourself, could I do this even if I wasn't paid, and didn't get any notoriety for it. If the answer is yes, then your motives are okay. Go, have fun with whatever you're doing. Even if its cheer leading. If you honestly answer "no", then you're just doing it for some other reason. And that begins the road down the dark side of the force.
Then your enemies kill Ben and you realize that your worst nightmare is your dad.
Hmm .. where was I going with this?
MDHZ |
_________________ [Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*
[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA
David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good
Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:53 pm
|
|
|
Heelys Encyclopedia
Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 2974
Location: Representing SouthEast
|
|
i dont see the point in removing the names.
anyways i have to do it too. its part of our job no use in complaining about it.
good thing is....i dont have to wear them  |
_________________
H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:54 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 164
Location: stl
|
|
| Wow, Im gonna barf... |
_________________
From: Buffomoves
To: Punksk8r
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:37 am
Subject: Re: team SoCal
Just say the "grind" video. I've never seen anyone pull off a footy grind before. *Props* |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:47 pm
|
|
|
Heelys Fiend
Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 191
Location: Planet Earth
|
|
| friken good she didnt go through with it! |
_________________ I LOVEE TO HEEL!!!!!! shifter has 43892.82941289 ghetto pointz
heelyhaileylover: no but im hopeing to be her BF...im watin for a reply
heelyftw: word must not get out i like emma in secret...continued [Wed 3:23] heelyftw: emma is hot
hersheykisshater:aka:AJ: i can ride 12 feet forwards and i can switchmy feet cuz imdabest heelier
IVI4V3R1CK: alrighty guys, I'm out like the fat kid in dodgeball
DeezUU: TONIGHT ON NEWS CHANNEL 10: WHEELS THAT FART
Sir Meatwad: hp are u on crack?
Homicidial Poptart: ...maybe so what if i am
01001001: yes...i'm a gay robot
Jonathan Da Heeler: shift yes
Jonathan Da Heeler: he my bf
hidude28: ahh sorry i dropped the keyboard
seth1230™: shawns butt is smooth |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:47 am
|
|
|
Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 162
|
|
| |
Last edited by Marked5th on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:11 am
|
|
|
Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 221
Location: Austin, TX
|
|
| Man, I remember when jcardin came on heelytalk and made that post about togos being better and cooler than heelys. That's probably what It would have been like on other forums. I'm glad he/she didn't go through with it. |
_________________ I could say somthing funny here, but I'm not going to. |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:20 am
|
|
|
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 164
Location: Austin TX
|
|
| Yay they didnt go through with it. The only thing i would use those for is maybe a controller if it was cheap and it worked(which i doubt) |
_________________ I like potatoes.
Every respectable person has to Heel once. Because after that they'll never stop!
Tricks: Backwards, Switch. Improving 360, 180 and Crabwalk
Heelys: Torches!
 |
|
|
|
 |
|