Heelychat Forum Index
Author Message
<  General  ~  Hurt my Ankle :(
Gawain
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:49 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 24

I was at a skatepark (Ripley in Derbyshire, UK) on Saturday, and it was the first time taking my Torch's to a park. I was quite happily able to grind and ride vert within 10 mins, then a friend dared me to ride down this 45 degree ramp. I thought about it, and said "From half-way first". I was just getting my foot positioning, when (may I add the ramp was slippery) I slipped, landed REALLY hard on my left ankle, and now whenever I walk, heel, skate, whatever, it really hurts. I never broke it, 'cos I can still walk on it Sad

_________________
Heelys Torch User!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
parker=cool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 221
Location: Austin, TX

Ouch!

_________________
I could say somthing funny here, but I'm not going to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:23 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 1803

You need to see a doctor.

You'll need to immobilize it (especially when you sleep). Ankle brace. Immobilzation is important to get stress off of it.

.. Obvioulsy lay off it (don't put pressure on it) - and give it plenty of rest and nourishment.

Then . when its better (and ONLY after its better), you'll have to rehabilitate it (get it strength). Getting better is usually around 2 weeks if its not a bad injury. You can rehab it by doing exercises (like toe raises).

All-in-all don't mess with hurt ankles, wrists or knees. See a Dr.

MDHZ

_________________
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gawain
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:58 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 24

Yeah, my mum should be takin' me tomorrow, but for now I have a bandage around it.

_________________
Heelys Torch User!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Heelychat Forum Index  ~  General

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum v1.06
Heelychat.com is in no way affiliated with Heelys, Inc., or any Heelys retailer, distributor, or affiliate.