Heelychat Forum Index
<  Cesspit  ~  Something better than Heelys...>
jcardin is gay!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:54 pm  Reply with quote

Heelys are okay, but if you want to stand out in the crowd and be able to skate much better, I suggest getting togo skates (togoskates.com).

And to make these even better, I replaced the wheels with ones that come with the (pliws) superrollers (http://superrollersusa.com/). These wheels are even faster and higher quality, but the actual frames suck. Apparently because I weigh too much (over 160) and they are lower set to the ground which makes me scrape the ground and near kill myself.

The glowing wheels rule too!
terrain190
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:47 pm  Reply with quote

so how does that beat the versatility of heelys? it takes more time and work to ut on and everything tell me how its better?? Heelys you can litterally take anywhere and noone even suspect you to have them on ? no matter what weight limit the heelys are better. Heelys best part is the versatility.. shoes and skates in the same.. and you can have them anywhere without being conspicuous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ogel916
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 pm  Reply with quote

wtf, togo skates? thats not only lame, but stupid. i mean, wtf is a togo. seriously, who wears em? light up shoes r for 4 yr olds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jcardin is gay!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah but what good are they if you can't even skate on a sidewalk without getting stopped by a crack, or by a pebble on the street? Also, the strap-on skates are quicker to put on compared to the Heelys if you don't have the wheels put in the shoes already.

Also, the strappable heel skates are more fun and are more efficient as transportation. You can actually skate by using both feet like traditional skates or by keeping one foot in front of the other like Heelys, for another thing.

All the other benefits over Heelys are listed on the websites like the fact they adjust to any shoe, so you could even where them with dress shoes if needed...
ogel916
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:11 pm  Reply with quote

can u even jump with these things?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ogel916
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:13 pm  Reply with quote

by the way, if u have big duece wheels, rocks dont get stuck in and i can heel over cracks.
terrain190
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:16 pm  Reply with quote

seriously the togo skates are lame and need to die because like yeah.. the light up skates.. are like la gear tennis when i was like 3 nice one ogel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mx54
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

hmmm does this guy smell fishy to you guys?
kim
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

jcardin your an idiot. Theres aren't better then heelys. You say there easyiers to use but there the same. You wouldn't be able to go over cracks better and you would look like a tool with light up shoes. You wouldn't be able to skate on um like roller blades. There just a cheap imitation of heelys.
WheelyHeely
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

HAHA!! i have some of these which i got for like £6, i got them before i got heeys. They are alright.. more stable than heelys but thats only coz there is two larger wheels.... heelys are much more discreet so i can wear them around college with no-one even noticing!! plus look sweet!

They just think im hovering... as most english peeps dont see this kinda thing all the time... ahh Rolling Eyes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

hey dude yah. i like them being discreet i can wear tthem at school and no one even seems tonotice that i am rollin around.. well yeah.
_cory
Slicer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:25 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Those things aren't better than real Heelys. Not even close. There's a reason why light-up shoes generally don't sell well among people old enough to buy their own (I just think they're kinda silly, and quite a bit childish.. lots of people think they're flat-out gay), and there's also a reason the Heelys Mack style didn't really take off.

http://www.solidgrind.com/shoes/heelys/mack/

Yes, this style has been done before, with real Heelys and not some attach-to-your-shoes knockoff. Grind plates included.

I get the 'no one notices' thing quite a bit. It's like most people can't even comprehend what it is that I'm doing, and it just goes right over their heads.

On the other hand, I know immediately when anyone else is using them, even at a distance, even with bad vision. There's no mistaking the stance or the sound.

jcardin is gay!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

In reply to some of your points:

You can go with "pro" wheels that don't light up, they are in fact cheaper. I just like glowing wheels for nightime as people will notice you skating in total darkness when they wouldn't have otherwise and go wtf!?

Also, I have seen so many little kids wearing Heelys, to me they are more for kids than these seem...I prefer that people can see that I have real skates/wheels, cause it makes them ask me where to get them and not just stand there staring in disbelief like I'm a freak floating around...

Also, even though I have never owned roller blades (I tried them on before and have ice skated however) to me roller blades just seem clunky and a chore to have to put on. And you can still skate with feet alternating similar to roller blades but it is not the fastest way to go, though I have gotten pretty good at it.

Also, you can spin around and around super fast till you puke on the heel skates which I don't think you can do with Heelys but I could be wrong...

But the best thing I like about the togo style is I can go from standing still to full speed just by "leaping" into my first stride. Which means your initial momentum is usally all you need to travel a great distance. This makes them excellent for say crossing parking lots in no time or going across a college campus for instance.

...I can do all the standard tricks which are a piece of cake: you can seemlessly skate/roll backwards with little practice and then spin back forward, and the fact you can slow down to control your speed by either letting your leading foot drag the ground at various pressure or even arching the same foot back so the heel drags the ground (but I guess this is true with Heelys as far as slowing down).

One of my favorite things about the togos: You can do a lot more at skate parks with these than I believe with Heelys. In fact, this has become my favorite pastime on weekends. I show up as the only one with these and can take every slope or incline (the only one I haven't tried is the steepest half pipe (but that's pretty much straight down..)

Okay, I could go on and on...ultimately it would be good to have both Heelys and the togo style, but you can get more mileage out of the togos as you can skate on practically an semi-paved surface etc. which means I never get sick of finding roads or surfaces I haven't skated across...
Fishertech
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:58 pm  Reply with quote

Oh dear God... If i ever showed up at my skate park wearing these "Togo" toys, I would be pounded into a bloody pulp by the other skaters. And i would never wear those, you lose the whole stealth and gliding/hovering aspect of it. Oh, and just because you see alot of little kids with Heelys dosent mean they were designed just for kids. Haha, this just reminded me of this stupid little kid I saw outside Target who apparently lost one of his wheels, cuz he was pushing himself along on just one wheel... What a dope.

Slicer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:46 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I'm going to mention it again: Heelys tried this. If this style was actually long-term workable, we'd see a lot more Heelys Mack out there. Is there anyone on this forum with a pair of those?

There is no trick you listed- none- that cannot be done with Heelys. You ought to know this. In fact the inline style of Heelys makes said tricks much, much easier to do. I've seen videos of kids spinning like an Olympic ice skater on Heelys. I'd love to see anyone try that on those. How would you even get started?

Number of videos on YouTube featuring Heelys: 220
Number of videos on YouTube featuring Togo Skates: 0

(Side note: Number of videos on YouTube featuring skateboards: 60807. Ouch.)

Also, grinding is straight out the window with those things. If you had a pair of Soap shoes (note: Soap got bought out by Heelys) and you made the dismal mistake of attaching Togos, your wheels would get in your way.

How do you even steer properly? In Heelys I can weave in and out quite easily simply by pointing my toes. How can you weave in those, or even get a decent turn radius? Looks like the simple act of turning your foot would take some doing.

Stealth? Watching you talk about stealth like it's a bad thing reminds me of the guy who went back to dialup because broadband was too fast for him. If I wanted, I could wear my Fleets to a job interview, and just might some day. Both color patterns resemble men's dress shoes. Have you even read the rest of this forum? Do you have any idea how awesome the stealth aspect truly is, particularly for the younger among us who still have to worry about such things? It's akin to a skateboard that no one else can see. I don't think your Fisher-Price wheel attachments can beat that.

"But if people see you gliding around with no visible support, they'll think you're a freak!" A freak with superhuman powers, apparently, which nobody around here really minds. And when people see you walking around in public places wearing Togo skates, they won't think you're a freak..

..they'll know it. "Honey, stay away with the strange man with the ugly things on his shoes, and don't look him in the eye."