Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Heelys - What do people think of you?
Legolover64
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:29 pm  Reply with quote

What's up guys, I'm Legolover64 (dorky, I know, but it's stuck with me for 8 years) and I'm a highschool Junior. I wear Heelys to school every day, rolling around periodically to various classes and things when people aren't everywhere (aka, when there's a place to do it). Anyways, I occasionally (actually, twice a day) I get taunted or whatever (I really don't care, they can do whatever they want, and I'll do whatever I want) but I've never been told to take out the wheels or anything.

What's your guys's opinion on using these shoes every day at my age? Is it bad for muscle development? How do you think it affects your social image?
sara48
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:31 am  Reply with quote

It won't affect ur social image, and even if it does, only in the eyes of losers who u wouldn't really wanna be mates with anyway
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slicer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:35 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

In the end, it boils down to two, basic, fundamental choices:

1. "I care about the opinions of people like that."

2. "F**k 'em."

As you can probably guess, I'm with option 2. I simply don't give half a s**t and it shows. Of course, in my favor is the fact that I'm 24 years old and scary. Doing whatever you want, particularly in the face of massively retarded opposition, is unbelievably liberating.

And if they try to trip you, break their ankles.

There's no possible way it's going to hurt your muscle development. Heeling is much more rigorous than walking. You're holding your muscles in a fixed position. This builds strength, akin to "static abs".

terrain190
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:42 pm  Reply with quote

yeah everyone looks at me and calls me either gay or a loser i don't know why i'm one of the three in my school with them.. but its tight i have a rockin g/f who is gettng them now.. and yeah i'm working on some of my other friends to getting a pair its juss awesum how these thinsg work ou can walk run or do w/e and more its freaking sick.. and everyone at school is like thats why i have skates.. i juss realized how useful these shoes really were today though. i went to walmart and wow there were so many cars there today i had to park on the end.. luckily i had my rockin heelys on and yeah... it took me a whole 20 seconds to get back to my car .. man i love these shoes and dont give a rats @$$ opinion of what other people think.. if they don't have them they are the losers that wont do something out of the ordinary or not "cool" or make them "sexy" well yeah.
peace
-terrain190
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WheelyHeely
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:05 pm  Reply with quote

the other night i went shopping at IKEA and the floor in there is like a heely wonderland!! sadly i didnt take my heelys but for SURE!!! i am taking them next time!!, i hate to say but i dont want to look an ideot heeling about but its soo fun uv just gotta forget the ppl stairing at you wondering why your hovering haha

i am scared about people calling my names coz of it...here in the uk everyone is soo steriotypical
i like been differnt and all but if people could do what they love/like without been taken the piss out of it would be so much more nicer!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:43 pm  Reply with quote

the only thing ive gotten is from the kids that just recently entered middle school (im in 8th grade) saying stuff like i didnt know the 8th graders still wear heelys so now all of them are wearing them
sara48
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:19 pm  Reply with quote

so, how old are ppl that r in 8th grade, sos its just im from england and the school years r all different.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:55 pm  Reply with quote

im 13 turning 14 (8th grade) we start here at 5 years old (sometimes 4)
BigbadcoopMC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:37 am  Reply with quote

When i first started out people talked mad trash about heelys, to the point where i would only do it at night when there werent many people around, but i developed the skills and now i can shut people up pretty easily, and i dont hesitate to throw a zinger or two back at em either. The fact of the matter is that people who talk trash on heelys generaly cant even go foward on them Period.

Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:54 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Any time anyone gives me any crap about how easy it is, my question is this: "What's your shoe size?"

I've actually had a few people take me up on it. One guy said "I thought you just had to lean back!" Another guy could barely stand up on them.

But I promptly got shown up by a 14 year old when I made the offer. It was funny- he couldn't actually heel too well, but being a skateboarder and an ex-inliner, he DID know how to grind..