Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  New styles vs old
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:33 am  Reply with quote

Recently my faithful old nike's wore out (bear with me, this is Heelys-related Smile ) so I went to the shop and bought the exact same style and size (US 6.5)... only to discover after I'd been wearing them a few days that they were terribly uncomfortable and tight... so much so that it was beginning to make my feet hurt a lot. I mean at first I just ignored it because I thought it was the usual thing where new shoes need breaking in, but no matter how loose I did the laces they just killed my feet, and besides these are supposed to be comfortable sportswear! Of course I'd worn them too much so I couldn't take them back now, and yet my old ones that were supposedly the same still fit perfectly.

So I decided rather than waste another $85 US on buying the next size up, I'd try wearing Heelys full-time again, after all I must still have a few dozen pairs, mostly still new in the boxes. For cold days the Rumbles have always been my favourites, but for when it's warmer I needed to find a pair that were comfortable to wear 24/7. Well ok, 18/7. Smile

All I can say is over the past few weeks I've tried nearly every style I ever owned for a day each, and hands down the most comfortable ones still seem to be the old school megagrinds: Evo's and Torches. Granted they don't have quite the modern looks that Megawatts or Pro Series might , but for shoes that you can actually just wear all day, I just can't find a style that beats them even as general walking shoes, and that's before you even consider their sheer first class abillities for heeling. They're truly unbeatable.

Been rocking some Tevo's for 10 hours straight today and I can hardly tell I'm wearing them! I used to be a definite Torches man (Toxics if poss) but at the moment I'm thinking Merlyn had a point: these Evo's rule! Smile

So, apart from Rumbles (which we know kick ass): which Heelys do you find most comfortable for everyday wear?

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
seth1230
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:17 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Suede Dogs.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
nevershoutchris
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm  Reply with quote

Are suede dogs comfy? And how is the durability, since they look like flats.

im goin outside
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

torches, they be the shit! Very Happy
nevershoutchris
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:46 pm  Reply with quote

no no no, I'm wondering about suede dogs

wiz
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:27 pm  Reply with quote
Wiz-Meister

I think im going outside was refering to Torches being comfortable. And i've never worn Suede Dogs
sara48
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:42 pm  Reply with quote

suede dogs = <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
im goin outside
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm  Reply with quote

as far as stye comforts go, any of the mega grinds are 100x more comftorable then the ones that look like skate shoes, i.e. atomics.

And since merie mentioned nikes...the most comftorable shoe i have ever owned/worn is hands down the Nike Free Very Happy

[img]http://www.nikedunknikesb.com/PicImages/Mens%20Nike%20Free%20Run%202010%20shoes%20Black-Blue.jpg[/img]