Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  So, who's left?
Slicer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:45 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I don't post much because I'm no fan of a super-active admin when no one else is talking.

However, nothing's changed on my end- I still go to the skatepark semi-regularly and I haven't worn anything but Heelys (exceptions for really bad weather) for years.

Kind of waiting for either the patent to expire or corporate to get its ass in gear and get us some new Mega/Plate styles and get the brand moving again. I have a personal stockpile including freespins and megaverts, but I doubt the rest of us do. Sad

Anyone else still rollin'?

totall_6_7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:10 am  Reply with quote

Since I bought my first pair of Heelys i have worn nothing else (unless at work or if its snowing) Every weekday before work as the sun is just comming up I am at the skatepark, unless its raining or snowing.

Slicer I am left, I am here and still rolling!!! (even if i came late to the party)
im goin outside
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............
I wear my torches every now and then to just play around on. I didnt wear heelys like NONSTOP like you do slicer. But i still use em and probably will untill they get worn out. which will take a while Very Happy
ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:43 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

I'de be lying to say I still wore them. It's actually kind of unfortunate, but I wear them to 2 things... lighting and marching band.

However, if it isn't for tech (huge stage to roll on) and marching band (long hallways to roll down... take them out for marching) I gotta say no. I have about 6 pairs of Nikes that I occasionally use the Mr. Clean magic eraser on though. *sigh*

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
Ligroine.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:19 pm  Reply with quote

Hey guys.
I heel!!
Slicer, where do u live? I live in Mass and I'm tryin to find any Heelys activities here but I can't because the company it seems doesn't work so good with sponsorship and stuff =\
Guys I'd really love to do something with Heelys, I mean not to just heel but organize some events and comtests
Slicer, how good are u in Heelys? I'll post my video in a couple of days.
Maybe we could really do something together?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
wiz
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:36 pm  Reply with quote
Wiz-Meister

I'm in the same boat as Emma. Well, i don't heel during band or tech or whatever, but it would be lying to say i wore them like i used to.

Every once in a while im caught squeezing in my old Torch's in the garage tho. I can barely bloodstain now. But i still can Very Happy
Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:45 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Ligroine, I'm way out here in North Dakota. My videos are here.

I haven't really improved terribly much, except I can kinda-sorta do a backside.

ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:36 am  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

Todays shoe choice for school was brought to me by this post. Feeling inspired here.

...on a sidenote though. They're wheel-less because our school is entirely carpeted (I know, genius... right?) except the science rooms.

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
AgeMeansNothing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:01 am  Reply with quote

I'm still heeling.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Smile

Admittedly, it's not at skate parks very much. I haven't gotten on the rail since I sprained my ankle way back when. I just roll. My Rumbles are still my most comfortable shoes so I wear them all the time, but the wheel holders died a long time ago. Still on the lookout for a replacement pair, and I don't even care about the color. When I want to roll, I put on my Escapes, even though they have holes in the toes. Sometimes I'll wear my Suede Dogs, but they're not very comfortable, so it's not for very long. I don't wear my Torch for regular heeling because they're a size too big (12) and I can really feel the wheels. That's what I like about the Rumble and Escapes, I can't really feel the wheels on my heels.

Anyway, still rolling. The boys do too sometimes, usually when we're all out shopping together.

Hoping everyone stays happy, healthy, and heeling!
My Heelys: Escape #9110, Rumble #7317, Torch #9116, Suede Dogs #7501
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:34 am  Reply with quote

I don't heel much but I've still got all of my collection - basically all the old school ones like rumbles, toxics/torches, evo's, etc, and a shedload of new wheels etc. Plus megaverts and freespins and all my custom ones of course. On occasion I've checked to make sure my muscle memory hasn't forgotten any of the tricks I learned, and so far so good.

Part of my problem was I got to the point where I needed to move from flatland to vert if I was going to progress. The roads and "sidewalks" here are usually really rough and about as good for heeling as untilled earth. Plus the nearest half-decent skatepark was overpriced and way too far away to fit any regular practise around my current schedule. But as I say, I'm keeping the heelys and maybe one day I'll return to working on progressing with them again. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
AgeMeansNothing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:09 am  Reply with quote

Hey, Merrie! If you want to progress but have to stick with flatland, be sure to check out those nutty StepRiders. The stuff they do in Heelys is mind boggling.

Hoping everyone stays happy, healthy, and heeling!
My Heelys: Escape #9110, Rumble #7317, Torch #9116, Suede Dogs #7501
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:48 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

Heh, reading this totally made me decide to wear heelys tonight, for the first time in probably close to two years.

I'll be sure to tell you how many times I fall on my butt Smile

drummer: I'M HORNY
XxHeelyZxX: lol dont feel bad its normal xD
seth1230™: I AM HORNY TOO GUYS!
Hailey H.: are you acting gay?
AJ roth: NO!
Hailey H.: .. oh .. so your not acting?
GH: a plato is a larger peice of flat land that is elevated above the rest of the land
HeelysBabe: haha. It does have vert. My jeans make my butt look weird.
H33LYcRaZeD: I feel so lubed
HeelysBabe: Im selling my body
shifter1254: i read *incest whistle*
Big Mac: testy
JDH: i hate this rash! so itchy!
Slicer: use a condom next time
JDH: y?
wondercheese
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

I'm wearing my Rumbles right now! Wheels in pocket though, cause it's pouring rain and there's a heely ban in my building now, so I can only heel here after a certain person with a large stick in an uncomfortable place has left for the day. I do use them to get around on campus on dry days (depending where I'm going cause not all the sidewalks are good for heelys). I always carry the wheels in case I end up somewhere I can use them. I found my balance is better after a season of roller derby, so maybe it's time to start working on some flatland skills again.... I nearly had the 180 and nearly had propulsion switches at one point. I wear my ninja's most days, and don't know what I'll do when they die (they are close) probably some megawatts....

An interesting side note... I can "heel" on roller skates Smile

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
Bekah
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 pm  Reply with quote

I usually heel every week; I try to build on skills I've learned. I have a few wheels saved, no megaverts yet, though. I want to learn vert. Smile
Kain
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:02 am  Reply with quote

I only came on here again because I had a pm from heelynut about some heelys he's selling....so I looked around the posts and found this lol.

I still wear them about once a month or so to do some flatland tricks, and occasionally to get around places....thinking about getting one of those nano boards for long distances. I'm planning on going to Ohio University soon so I'll definitely bring them for the campus Smile

As far as vert goes, I haven't been to the skate park in over two years except to film.

I'm in San Francisco and just smoked some pot so sorry if I'm rambling lol....I wish I had brought them to get around the city but there wasn't room in my suitcase (I only have a small carry-on size one)

Anyway hi to everyone that missed me......*chirping crickets*........and I hope some people from the team are still skating Smile

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."