Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  Sprained
DeezUU
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

short story :
22' in the air > fell > in a splint Cool

long story :
so I was at work last tuesday and had to go mid-span (lean the ladder on the wire that goes between the telephone poles). we have hooks that hang the ladder so it won't fall completely, but it will still slide. so I go up... so my thing... unbelt and start to head down when I notice > the ladder is sliding!! So I immediately think "get down QUICK" so I try to climb down as many steps I can (which ended up being 2) before the hooks engaged and I was thrown to the ground from 22'. Luckily, there was a nice flowerbed below that I ended up in and it helped absorb the fall but I did fall directly onto my feet and went into a collapse/roll. I stood up and realized nothing was broken so I continued out my day as normal. When I got home that night... I tool off my boots and my left ankle doubled in size almost immediately. Next day, the doc took xrays and said "nothing's broken, but you gotta chill for a week". So yeah... I found out on tuesday that Deez's don't bounce.

AgeMeansNothing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:32 pm  Reply with quote

I feel your pain, man. Really, I do.

Hoping everyone stays happy, healthy, and heeling!
My Heelys: Escape #9110, Rumble #7317, Torch #9116, Suede Dogs #7501
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

22 feet? You should count your blessings that you're still alive.

If the ladder actually stayed on the hooks, you probaly should have held on for dear life...

DeezUU
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 pm  Reply with quote

it twisted and bucked me off... there was no way to hold on! (I tried) it wasn't a pleasant feeling at all!! Lol. but yeah... doc said I was lucky to be walking in to get the x-rays. I was kinda bummed TBO. he said he was gonna go get the nurse so they could get me down for x-rays and when she got there, I said "no wheelchair??" and she said "you walked in, didn't ya??" Lol. Ah well. No chair ride from the hawt nurse w/ the sweet houndstooth pumas. Very Happy