Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  bad experience with Heelys Motion
jog1118
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:09 am  Reply with quote

you may have read somewhere in the General Forum that my first Heelys is the Stealth. actually, they're my second pair.

7 days before my Stealth, i owned the Motion. unfortunately, after only 2 days of walking (and very minimal heeling), the sole of the left shoe started coming off and bits of material have also started to chip off both shoes. i had to bring it back to where i bought it and got the Stealths instead. i had to pay extra, since the stealths cost more, but i do hope they last.

i'm sure i bought my heelys at an authorized store. has anyone of you experienced something similar?
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:08 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Philippines ... hmm .. could be a knock-off. There were reports that there were some fakes in asia. They have the Heelys symbol and everything.

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
jog1118
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:53 pm  Reply with quote

i bought em at a reputable mall (chain of malls actually, wouldnt want to name names since i actually like the mall).

anyway, the part that i missed out is that i wore em (Motion) to HongKong Disneyland with my family. lots of walking happened since we flew in from Philippines to Macau-Shenzen-HongKong and vice versa for our return trip home. another plus factor i was thinking of is that the Motions were stocked here in the Philippines with very warm weather and they were suddenly broken-in in HongKong/China where its very cold at the moment we were there (December 2006)... Question
Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:32 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I take my Heelys from right in front of the heating vent directly to outside in freezing weather regularly. I don't think it's that.

If other people have had this same problem there might be a manufacturing defect someplace... Sad

jog1118
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:54 am  Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

my avatar is now different. here's the story. sent this email to Heelys International already.

Good day to you Heelys. I am Jovel Castaneda, 30 yrs old, married with a 4 yr old daughter, from the Philippines. I work as a Software Development Analyst at Smart Communications Inc, one of the top local telecommunication companies. You may contact me via the following:

mobile:
office:
office email:
personal email:

Since i was 13 years old, i've been a fan of all sorts of skating. Now i'm currently doing inline skates once to twice a week as exercise. Lately i've been enticed to buy myself and my daughter each a pair of Heelys. This would serve as our recreation when we go out to malls or other places during weekends. This, i hoped, would also be an exciting way to go to office during fridays when we are allowed to wear casual clothes.

Being a smart buyer, i've always checked reviews via the internet prior to buying any high-priced item. I've encountered your usual comments from parents that Heelys are unsafe but i've also heard from skaters / heelers that Heelys are durable.

Unfortunately, my experience with your local distributor, SM Department Store (specifically SM Megamall, Ortigas Center, Philippines) has disproved my belief in your product being durable. Let me explain my claim:

1. 12/28/2006, bought Slick 9015 for my daughter (PHP 3700.00=USD 75.50 roughly) and Motion 7016 (PHP 3700.00=USD 75.50)
2. 12/29-12/31/2006, used Motion and Slick mainly for walking and minimal heeling; by 12/31/2007, left sole of Motion partially tore off and bits of material were chipping off both shoe (had no problem with Slick)
3. 1/3/2007, had Motion replaced with Stealth 9011 (no available stock for Motion under US size 9) but paid additional since Stealths cost PHP 4400.00 (USD 89.80 roughly)
4. 1/5-1/7/2007, used Stealth mostly for Heeling while teaching my daughter to heel; by 1/7/2007 (today), noticed portion of right sole (near toes) starting to separate from shoe; went back immediately to SM for another replacement; no available sizes for Stealth so i opted for an Axis 9018 at the same price as Stealths; went back home mainly using Axis for walking and minimal heeling; noticed portion of stitches (near toes) of Axis starting to come off

Bottomline is that i'm disappointed with the quality of Heelys compared to great reviews it gets over the internet. Prior to my above experience, i've always wanted to promote Heelys and skating in general here in the Philippines, not only for kids but for adults too. I do hope that you can resurrect my faith in your product.

Regards

Jovel M. Castaneda

seth1230
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:38 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

most none of us have had this problem.

also all those models are old school models so they may have been in storage for a pretty LONG time. I know that the stealth at least were only a few generations after predators and shredders which were the first 2 models.the stitching on the front thing has happened with my rebels but i bought those along with my atomics used off of eBay for 10$ (US) and 8$ shpping and handling. i inspected the shoe and its a real model with the pantented thingy on the inside of the wheel well. i guess just soe shoes were made better the others. Also remember since yours are old school models that the technology wasnt as good and hence the material wasnt as good. It might be better if you get your money back and get a more modern model overseas.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ