Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Heehee, Heelys + Skate Park = Lots of fun
Fishertech
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:47 pm  Reply with quote

So how many of you guys here go to skate parks to Heel? This is the park I go to: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/parks/skatepark.htm

It took me a long time before I dared drop in on the half pipe, but it turned out being much easier than I thought it would be, and it is wicked fun. So how about you guys post pix of the skate parks you visit. Any interesting stories would also be nice =)

Slicer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:33 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Note to self: Grab digital camera.

I heel at the skate park too, which is fairly well cluttered with stuff. There's a bowl, but I can't drop in on it; too much angle and I only have a pair of Fleets with Fats. I think I'll try it when my Evolutions come in and see how the grinding and the Big Deuces work out. I can carve the bowl now, though.. surprises even me. Smile
mx54
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:26 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

Sad my town is a bunch of losers and wont make a skate park so i never got to try a very or anything Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vbsoccerdude94
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:33 pm  Reply with quote

I go to Moun Trashmore skate park, we don't have a website, but I found some pics on google. It's pretty sweet, we have this big ass halfpipe. I'm scared of it, I dropped in on heelys got too much speed and when I went up the other I flipped over the halfpipe and landed on my back. Couldn't walk for 3 days, now I'm better! lol.

Slicer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:39 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Nice skate park.

Despite all my efforts, I still can't "drop in". I just can't change foot angles quick enough and I'm likely to meet a vicious, bloody end, even on the more gentle drops in the far superior skate park on the other side of town. (Seriously, if you're going to be there all day, a 10 minute drive is definitely worth it for a smoother surface)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:17 pm  Reply with quote

Here in MN, there are a limited amount of skateparks nearby, although I'll start looking for some soon.

At a YMCA camp my Junior class went to, there was a skate park. I couldn't get down the half pipe, but going up it halfway was totally possible. There was also a box, and some rails, sadly I don't yet have my dream model (Torch) and am stuck with the flat-footed "Fleets"

But yes, they are fun on a skatepark!
WheelyHeely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

You guys in the US have seriously ace skate parks!!!

Here in the Uk we hardly have any and all the paths have chuncks out of them so you go flying!!!! Rolling Eyes
ogel916
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:38 pm  Reply with quote

wats the best place to pipeline? or crabwalk?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sara48
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:29 am  Reply with quote

I don't hav anywhere to crabwalk so i just go in my kitchen. (smooth floors)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:51 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

When you drop in - pretend that you're picking up something off your front foot. If you don't tilt and lean forward, you're going to fall backwards.

Falling forward is better since you're wearing kneepads. Of Course Rolling Eyes and some wrist guards.

Start with a small quarterpipe - then work your way up.

Once you get it, you'll always be able to do it. Its really about doing it right once - like riding a bike.

Dropping in FATS is crazy, especially on really large pipes. I learned to drop in on FATS (I was the first person to do it). That's only because there wasn't anything else at the time. I don't anymore. I recommend Megas.

MDHZ
Laina_Heelz
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

this is the halfpipe at the park but we dont ride this one...the one we ride is nextr to it and ALOT smaller. You cant see the smaller one though.
I will post some pics of us at the skate park when we go. Should be in a week or 2. Here in Philly there really no where to skate accept for the skatepark at FDR park. You should see the speed we get there going on the halfpipe,the hills, everything. Also we will have some videos on our myspace. Check it out at http://www.myspace.com/teamheelz.

[Sat 17:51] Laina_Heelz: ht its gonna be nice here...should be nice there...though i live not in the same state
[Sat 17:51] HeelyTrickster:Laina that sounded like a poem

[Tue 0:42] HeelysBabe:Im just trying to kill the time
Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:Kill time??
[Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:Isn't wasting time bad enough?
[Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:You have to KILL it ?!

[Thu 14:50] Big Mac: i had crabs once
[Thu 14:50] Big Mac: they kept hurting me though
[Thu 15:18] seth1230™: big mac....crabs are like lice...but that live down there....instead of up there...

laina: ugh! my kitchen is getting done and theres like no food so guess what lunch is if my mom dont give me money......PENUT BUTT
laina: oops! lol
Laina_Heelz
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:11 pm  Reply with quote

i will post some pics of us at the skate park when we go. Sjould be in a week or 2. Here in Philly there really no where to skate accept for the skatepark at FDR park. You should see the speed we get there going on the halfpipe,the hills, everything. Also we will have some videos on our myspace. Check it out at http://www.myspace.com/teamheelz.

[Sat 17:51] Laina_Heelz: ht its gonna be nice here...should be nice there...though i live not in the same state
[Sat 17:51] HeelyTrickster:Laina that sounded like a poem

[Tue 0:42] HeelysBabe:Im just trying to kill the time
Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:Kill time??
[Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:Isn't wasting time bad enough?
[Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:You have to KILL it ?!

[Thu 14:50] Big Mac: i had crabs once
[Thu 14:50] Big Mac: they kept hurting me though
[Thu 15:18] seth1230™: big mac....crabs are like lice...but that live down there....instead of up there...

laina: ugh! my kitchen is getting done and theres like no food so guess what lunch is if my mom dont give me money......PENUT BUTT
laina: oops! lol
Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:31 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

I'm going to a skatepark tomorrow. I can't take pictures but I'm gonna film part of my video.
heelygirl3322
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:49 am  Reply with quote

hey guys i dont know if i have a skate park in maryland and im in georgia now near conyers with my aunt and i really want to try out a skate park here what shuld i do to find one?

Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:00 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

I go to concretedisciples.com it lists all the skateparks in your state