Heelychat Forum Index
<  Cesspit  ~  Dr. Kevorkian's Heeling Machine
Slicer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:16 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Apparently this guy has discovered a new solution to the healthcare crisis: Drastically increase demand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB9Yrr25P8M

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:03 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

I saw this about 4 years ago at the Heelys office.

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
totall_6_7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:48 pm  Reply with quote

I think he has too much time on his hands.
Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:09 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Maybe I'm being too hard on this guy but I honestly can't see a real use for this thing. You can't really walk around with it on. His whole video is extremely limited clips (one artificially sped up) of prototypes. If he tries to go uphill on that thing he's going to kill his batteries fairly quickly. And the two defenses Heelers have against eating shit, the heel brake and running out of it? You can't do the first, and good luck with the second!

Downhill his speed is limited and he's doing something a lot more dangerous than I am, uphill he's draining his batteries, and on flat linoleum floors I'll just smoke him.

The only place he might be able to reasonably outpace me is on level ground with a rough surface.. and even then.. he's wearing a fricking Segway on his legs!

I just can't see anyone actually trying to use this... anywhere... ever.

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

The only thing I can see use for his contraption is for long distance use (such as a multi-mile, flatland journey). A good example is for a kid who lives far enough away from school that they should be bussed, but they aren't zoned for one. So instead of heeling on the sidewalk wasting crucial energy that is needed for school, they could just use the contraption to go from home to school and back.

However, I doubt the batteries would be anything but useful for something that long, and the other thing I have been wondering is how in the heck he could possibly tote them around when you are not wearing them. I mean, they look like they would require a backpack just for the contraption. And seeing how a vast amount of heelers are kids in school, that just wouldn't be something practical. That contraption, school books, binders, etc.

Plus, I can only imagine the price of that thing. It makes me shutter, even being a grown adult with a job, I couldn't begin thinking of getting something as trivial as that. But who knows; I've sold a TV to a blind person.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:46 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
The only thing I can see use for his contraption is for long distance use (such as a multi-mile, flatland journey). A good example is for a kid who lives far enough away from school that they should be bussed, but they aren't zoned for one. So instead of heeling on the sidewalk wasting crucial energy that is needed for school, they could just use the contraption to go from home to school and back.

We already have a device that children who don't have personal autogyros use for easier multi-mile transportation. We refer to it as a "bicycle" and it is in common use.

And I can't imagine that a simple bike ride would be harder than using that.

totall_6_7
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:31 pm  Reply with quote

Slicer you are not being too hard on him. I had alot to say (mostly nothing good) about his invention.

If he wants to invent something like that he should ditch the idea of using Heelys and just invent something that would be more efficient In battery use and include some sort of braking system. I think if he did that he would have something worth marketing.