Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  What's your weirdest heelys experience?
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 am  Reply with quote

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I had an interesting fall the other day... Don't worry, nothing too bad. It was like this:

I had just finished shopping (which has become a joy to do since I got into Heelys - I always spend at least an hour or two just leisurely scooting around even if I've only gone for a loaf of bread) and I was just coming out of the check-outs and heading for the exit. Lovely perfect clean smooth white floors and not a crack in sight anywhere between the shop and the car, which is why I go to this particular shop although it is 5 miles out of my way. Anyway, just heading out past a few people, not going too fast, and did a nice leisurely left-hand curve around some pedestrians and all of a sudden my front (left) foot which I was turning left with slides right sideways and I fall hard to the left. Luckily my elbow and head landed on my bags, which was lots of Dorito's and Nacho's and such (a recent guilty pleasure I got into when building PC's and too engrossed to stop for real food) so although I later discovered I had a badly bruised and swollen knee and slightly sore shoulder, it didn't hurt too bad. My snacks were smashed into a million pieces, but still in the bag, so on the whole, just saves on chewing really Laughing

People asked if I was ok and I said I was fine, and I just carried on (walking sheepishly instead of rolling proudly) and went home, thinking no more about it. I've learned to always keep an eye on the floor ahead of me when skating, so it's not usual I fail to see physical problems like cracks or stones, but here in the shop the floor is perfect and nearly white so I knew it wasn't that. But we all know water on smooth floor is hard to see sometimes and makes it easy to slip, so I just assumed that was what it was: that I'd hit a wet patch that had dripped off of someone's umbrella or whatever.

But the next day, I went to put on the same Ninja's (my preferred shopping shoe) and decided I'd like to use Big Deuce wheels today instead of the Mega's, but was very suprised by what I found when I went to remove the wheel- a HUGE moth, half squished by the mega wheel Surprised Eww, Gross! LOL

So I took it to the bathroom and cleaned it off, but couldn't help laughing to myself that this moth had almost took me out of action LOL. Dry and flameproof as they look, I guess there must be a fair amount of juice in a moth. Laughing My friend was laughing too and saying: if I had banged my head and gone to hospital, or even died, how would I have explained that one in the afterlife? Very Happy

The weird thing is, I WAS watching where I was stepping/rolling as I always tend to do since learning Heelys, so I can't figure out how this big black moth managed to get wrapped around my wheel without me seeing it against the nearly white floor. The car was parked right outside the entrance and the floor out there is pale cement - I doubt I walked on it. It must have flown in suicidaly from the side or something as I skated! Very Happy

So take note kids Smile - pebbles and cracks are one thing, but at least they don't sneak up on you! It's big juicy Kamikaze bugs you need to beware of! Laughing

I also remember once when learning to footy in the abandoned corridors at work, stopping once to figure out what a funny noise from the wheel was - I thought it was my first air bubble but it turned out to be a nice crunchy beetle. It was now perfeclty flattened of course, but obviously not juicy enough to cause a slip. Heelys Roadkill Laughing

Anyone else had a really weird experience like this? Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
seth1230
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 am  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Woah, i read that whole post!

Erm, i've never had such a weird curcumstance for a fall such as that moth but i've had a few embarassing falls infront of large groups of people.

In six flags magic mountain (in california) you win these capes at carnival like stands. So i won one and decided i wanted the flash one since he's my favorite hero and i always thought he was fast because of his shoes. So there was this HUGE hill right outside of some joker stand-up coaster and i go flying down it while doing a super-hero-type-fist-into-the-air thing i look over my shoulder for my mom to take a picture and didnt notice this HUGEEEEEEE like cracky area at the bottom. My front foot hit it and quickly switched over to my left but my right was still at the crack so i was doing a footy on my not comfortable foot and bam!

Noob fall.

I fell right backwards because my right foot decided to come out of the crack and go AOD style on me.

Some kids rushed up to me and asked if i was okay but i was cracking up and said i was fine. Said thanks and proudly roll away.

The thing with falling is you can't show you're hurt Razz You have to just roll away and pretend nothing happened.

Or just not dillydally saying your elbow hurts because you want to get to the next rollercoaster already.

GOLIATH FTW!

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

Merrie, I can't make it through your whole posts. ) :
Seebs -- I know exactly what hill you're talking about and you gotta be careful on that one because that crack's a killer. :/
P.S. Have you seen Mike Buffo's modded "Flash" heelys?

seth1230™: we be on our hoes all day.
seth1230™: i mean shoes.
DeezUU: I keep my shoes in check on the daily
DeezUU: gotta keep your gimphand strong!!

seth1230™: im on a boat and
HannahHeelz: it's going fast and
heelingforlyfe™: i've got a nautical themed, pashmina afghan

SEBASS IZ MAH BESFRANNNN.
seth1230
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:02 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

No, you def have to get pics of that.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

seth1230™ wrote:
Woah, i read that whole post!
Hehe, cool. Smile

heelingforlyfe wrote:
Merrie, I can't make it through your whole posts. ) :
Never mind, I guess I sometimes just have more time to write - and I always did like long books as a kid. Very Happy

heelingforlyfe wrote:
P.S. Have you seen Mike Buffo's modded "Flash" heelys?
Me wants to see pics too please Smile

heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:39 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

He uses them in his show Pericles Redux. He painted them and put the wings on himself.

im goin outside
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 pm  Reply with quote

Lol im not sure what im supposed to feel after looking at thoes "modifications". USUALY ME's posts are pretty entertaining. I like to read the whole thing. #1 Fan Merrie!!!!
heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:34 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

Okay, Merrie, I got through the whole thing, and that is definitely not something I've heard about before. Razz

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:10 am  Reply with quote

Hehe, loving the mod: Heelys gives you Wings. Very Happy He should make a red pair like that for AJ. Smile

IGO: Thanks mate. Very Happy

H4L: Yeah me neither, and I hope never to again - it turns out falling sideways is more painful than falling forwards or backwards LOL. At least we're used to falling forwards for example when you catch a pebble, so we're always ready to put both hands down and land "press-ups" style, no problem providing the ground is not too rough and doesn't scuff up your hands, and with falling backwards you can land on your ass, which doesn't hurt too bad because I suppose it's meant for landing on any way. Laughing But fall sidewards at speed, and you've only got one arm to catch your weight with - total wipeout LOL. All I can say is thank god for those Nacho's and Dorito's. I owe my life to my love of junk-food. Very Happy

seth1230
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:55 am  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Hey Merrie, on your long posts, think you can put a shorter summary at the end?

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:39 am  Reply with quote

LOL, I dunno, maybe I'll just try not to be so descriptive. I guess that's what I get for growing up reading Tolkien - just look at the length of "The Lord of the Rings" Very Happy

But yeah OK, I'll try to keep it even shorter. Smile

If you think that's long you should see my posts on philosophy forums. Very Happy

heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:13 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

Merrie_England wrote:
At least we're used to falling forwards for example when you catch a pebble, so we're always ready to put both hands down and land "press-ups" style...

Press-ups? Jeez .. I wish I was British.

Last edited by heelingforlyfe™ on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

sara48
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:17 pm  Reply with quote

you don't know what press-ups are? seeriiouusslly?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seth1230
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:37 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Theyre called push ups over here lol.

heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:11 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

Haha, yeah, they're just push-ups here. All y'all over there with your sophisticated-ness. I'm actually really jealous, though. I want a sweet accent ...

Question. People in America always try to have fake British accents .. do people in Britain try to have fake American accents?