Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  FATS Replacement Wheels 608 ?
Bene
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:40 am  Reply with quote

hey
i am looking for some replacement wheels with 608 bearing size.
until yet i just only found replacement wheels with 688 micro bearings inside maybe you guys can help me?

btw. i am useing swiss bones bearings because they are much better than the standart heely bearings.

greets from germany and sorry for my bad english.

Embarassed
Aceb6
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm  Reply with quote

they sell them at finish line but its more of a clearence sale they are tryingto get rid of the wheels in actual stors butyou can by the online if you dont have a finish line at a mall or somthing

TEAM SCU
TEAM SCU

O o \
/Ż/__________________________/
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
/
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 am  Reply with quote

Ace: Sorry dude, I don't think they have Finish Line stores in Germany. I wish they did have European stores tho. Smile

Bene: Hi there. I was once looking for the same thing. You are right, it's harder to find FATs wheels which take the standard 608 skate bearings than it is to find ones with the tiny 688s, at least it was here in England. The way I found some was buying Heelys that I knew took 608s, in my case I bought some new Atomics for about 10 Euro's from Amazon when they had a sale. You can use the Heelypedia and tick 608 and FATs to get a list of the styles which contain the right wheels.

Generally in the UK and Europe, it only costs a little bit more to buy a pair of cheap new Heelys (WITH FATs) than it does to buy replacement FATs on their own (They charge as much as £30 GBP / 40 EURO for replacement wheels here) - which probably explains why I have ~40 pairs now most of the shoe have never been used LOL - buying Heelys wheels here just doesn't seem cost effective. Smile (not that my crazy heelys spending spree was either, I'm just saying) Very Happy

Another way you could do it is by looking carefully at the shoes and wheels on eBay until you can see from the pic that they had 608s, but this is time intensive of course, but then everything worth doing is. Very Happy

Hope this helps. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
Bene
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:24 am  Reply with quote

@Aceb6 we got no finish line stores in germany Sad

@Merrie_England wow 10€ are really cheap.
i should spend more attention to ebay auctions i think because new heelys in our stores are about 80-100€ thx for the info =)

but maybe you guys can explain me the main difference between megas and fats wheels? i only have got fats until yet.
seth1230
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:36 am  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Megas= Bigger, faster, better for skatepark and ALL megas take in 608 bearings. Most megas have coin axle meaning you just twist apart the axle to take out the bearings.

Fats= Smaller, slow, clicky, better for flatland, usually only abec 1 and if they're a higher rating they're usually 688. Most Fats have c-clip and those that dont are 688 bearings. C-clips require a special c-clip tool to remove bearings.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ