Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  The Secret of Eternal Youth
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:42 am  Reply with quote

Just went to do my weekly shopping, slapped the goods down on the conveyor belt, and a couple of the items just happened to be a bottle of Captain Morgan's Dark Rum, and some Southern Comfort. The lady at the checkout smiled at me, so I gave her a quizzical smile back. Then she said: I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask if you are 18 or over?" Laughing (legal age to purchase alcohol in UK)

I was so amused I about bust a gut trying not to laugh. Smile I said "Only by about 15 years." Embarassed I mean I know like Merlyn I'm a smallish build of guy, but I haven't been ID'd since I was 25. Then she asked me what my date of birth was, and if I could prove it! Very Happy Since I generally keep the stuff I carry to a minimum so that I can heel and carry the basket, I had to honestly tell her,

"I'm sorry, but I left most of my ID in the car, all I have is this Visa card I was going to pay with, but if it helps it's a ********" (<- type of card.) I won't say the kind because it gives away how much I earn and I was taught it's not polite to publicise it but at the time I was so surprised and amused that it just slipped out, and I didn't have anything else on me that could prove my age LOL. (In the UK you can't get a proper full Visa or Master-card below 18, and this kind you usually don't get until much older).

And all the way home I was wondering what could have changed about me recently that would mean some people now assume I am about 15 years younger LOL. The only thing I can think of is the Heelys I took up last summer, so there you have it: if you want to stay healthy and young and have more youthful looks, get into the hybrid skating scene - apprently it'll take years off you. Very Happy

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"