Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Brooklyn Hi (new style)
Slicer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Front page of the Heelys site right now.

I feel similar to how I feel about Gelatos: "Oh my god what IS that" versus "That's awesome, I want some", with a finish of "I couldn't possibly wear that in public, and besides, it's just FATS".

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:19 pm  Reply with quote

OK, so I though Rebok was stupid when they produced their "Kool-Aid" line (if you don't know what it is, they were high tops based on colors and flavors of Kool-Aid, however, each shoe consisted of one color and white).

Heelys just topped that saying "Well we can't decide on a color, so lets just put them all together". I cannot possibly see how anyone would buy them. Even collectors may have a hard time with them.

I think Heelys should have learned their mistakes when their first multi-color shoes when out the window. They should stick to making skater style shoes with MEGAS, not Fats.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Fats, but damn it, I need more conventional style shoes with Megas.

So yeah, in my opinion, I think HSL is gearing towards a new group of people outside the Gen Y Market; Clowns

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:43 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

mehh your old guys Laughing , i like em.
anyways. yeah, i know.... not the greatest thing.... but they're for GIRLS
i only like the orange ones anyways.

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
seth1230
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:49 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

The new styles are epic improvements, btw. I have the No-Bones Hi 7492 and they made the wheels different this round and the insoles are....idk how to say it but they're really comfy. I think hi's are alot more comfortable but the suede dogs are also comfortable. Especially the brakes on the suede dogs (nice and high).

Oh and Heelys now run true to size. Just so that you guys who might want some of these know.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
seth1230
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:51 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Oh and the Megawatts are a mega wheel model with a self powered led light wheel.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:46 am  Reply with quote

seth1230™ wrote:
Oh and the Megawatts are a mega wheel model with a self powered led light wheel.
ME WANTS! Very Happy

I see what people are saying about those funny orange heelys - but if some of the younger heelers like them HSL will make more money, and that in turn will allow them to make more improved styles etc, so it sounds good to me. Smile But yes, even tho I am very strange and would happily wear Gelato's or TKO multi's, just like the new shape BMW's, those ones pictured will take me a couple of years to get used to. Very Happy

Great news about the improved insoles and such tho that seth mentioned - In a way, it seems to me that Heelys are doing exactly what's been asked of them: make NEW styles and not just recolor old ones, although granted we need more Mega's since we're into doing it like the Pro's, and not just on shopfloors like the kids for whom fats are fine, but the money to design their mega shoes I bet comes mainly from the little kids, even tho some of us adults like mega's, so we have to accept that I guess some styles will be better suited to kids. And it seems to me Heelys have done A LOT of new styles! Even Hi and Lo models of each new style! Amazing! Smile

So, personally I have no complaints. Not everyone likes every color or style, but I mean that's bound to happen, ain't it? It would seem Heelys are doing their best to take all the suggestions on board, but of course they can't do everything at once, I'm sure production of new models of Heelys would take a LOT of money and research - making my custom wheels does and that's just the wheels - I'd hate to think how many things could go wrong with making the WHOLE shoe - it's amazing Heelys are as good as they are if you ask me Smile

When you think about it, there are a shedload of mega models around, and people can't really say they're not available because some are in many sizes (but granted not some of the larger ones sadly) and some (like Pro's) are still available even in Size 12s etc (although granted this is a little limited in terms of current choice of mega-plate models). Sure, sometimes you have to be willing to pay a premium for them, which is to be expected since they're the best and can do the most (like vert AND street). I mean in the last month or two I've bought: 3 different colours of evo, 6 different colours of Ninja, 2 colours of torches, some pro's. . . etc - they're all there, even the ancient discontinued evo's, if you look hard enough. Granted the CURRENT mega-plate styles are a little limited with just the hot-sweaty pro's (can you tell i'm a torch man?) but maybe they'll fix that next year, even for Heelys money is bound to be limited in these difficult times, so they can't do it all at once. I say by all means we keep telling them what we would like to see for us high-end skaters, but we can't get pissed if they make some shoes for kids that will bring in some dollars, can we?

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just my 2 cents as Merlyn would say. Smile

As I say, those orange ones on the front page aren't really "ME" (at least not yet) - but as for the rest of the stuff, especially the idea of lighter weight heelys and official light up mega wheels: All I can say is:

OMG YES, YES, YES! Very Happy After seeing all those new styles in one day I feel about 10 years old right now Very Happy (which is a good thing LOL)

P.S., now I see what that new diamond logo is that I spied on the celebrity photo shoot. Very Happy

Last edited by Merrie_England on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
im goin outside
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

Ya i like most of the styles. The no bones lo looks really good, so does the mega watt, just without the light up wheel. Im just glad, along with everyone else, that there are a ton of brand new styles.
sara48
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:28 am  Reply with quote

I actually really like the brooklyn hi, I'd refer them if they didn't have the shiny bits, but nvm. The suede dogs kinda remind me of vans (which is a good thing). The other styles look good too - overall I think they're great improvements from most previous models.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:18 am  Reply with quote

Agreed, I think we're definitely getting the "more variety" we've asked for. Smile

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:22 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

The best part is the Flash .. I keep flipping the pages backkkk and forthhhhh .. backkk and fortthhhh ..

Oh and the best style is hands-down, the Skate Rat !!!!

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
bonkers_kat
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 am  Reply with quote

The suede dogs look awesomeee with a pair of Jeans. I'm a fan of the hi tops, the way they grip your ankle makes it an extremely comfortable ride. I've been wear testing the brown lighten ups, they are soooooo comfy! And I'm NOT just saying that because I work for Heelys Smile
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:38 am  Reply with quote

Cool, if you work for Heelys, you couldn't do us a quick favour and tell me if any of the new hi-top models are mega? I ain't got any hi-top mega's yet. Well, unless you count half a dozen pairs of rumbles Very Happy

Don't worry if you can't say yet. . . I'll find out eventually even if I have to buy every model. Very Happy

seth1230
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:55 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Like i said, ME, Megawatts are a mega wheel model. Pro series are also mega. Everything else is fat-errific.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

seth1230™ wrote:
Like i said, ME, Megawatts are a mega wheel model. Pro series are also mega. Everything else is fat-errific.
Fair enough, those megawatts and pro's are the ones for me then. Not learned to appreciate fats yet - had no need so far since I've always had a ton of mega's available and it feels like a step down (literally) to me, but maybe one day I'll find some use for the tinier wheels. Smile

wondercheese
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 pm  Reply with quote

I like my fats pair for going to work, it is easier to walk in the hallways I'm likely to get caught in and then roll where it's 'safe' to do so. They may not be quite as easy to ride as the megas, and may not go as far and as fast, but they are definitely useful!

WC

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!