Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Quotes
HeelyJuice
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:10 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

i was bored, if you want me to add you to this leave the name you want me to put, and the quote

http://www.mediafire.com/?0dyqm3ntmy2

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:54 am  Reply with quote

You want me to download a .EXE file from the net without telling me what's in it? Smile No offense bud, but if I did that every time I was asked my PC would be a wreck by now. Smile I'm sure this program is probably harmless, but if posting a file containing executable code I'd recommend fully explaining what it was - these are suspicious times in cyberspace matey. Very Happy This is good advice for anyone else reading this too: it's sad that in these times I have to say this, but don't download and run code unless you're sure it's safe. Wink

I'm guessing it's just harmless quotes that you and your friends like, but call me paranoid, since quotes could just as easily be put in a safe text file, I tend to avoid taking the unnecessary risks of running unknown code. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
Slicer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:47 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Looks like HJ just discovered either VB or basic MVC-style dialogs-and-buttons C++ programming. Nice job HJ.

ME: Learn to antivirus/sandbox.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 am  Reply with quote

To Slice: aye, I do antivirus etc, but I'm paranoid Very Happy For years I didn't even bother getting the net because I figured that was the best firewall Very Happy

But good point well made slicer dude: Let me start again. Smile

To HJ: Nice work dude, and sorry if I sounded harsh before - I didn't mean to. I remember when I made my first working code (not copied from a book or whatever). . . I was about 10 and I was over the moon - I made a basic proggy which played "happy birthday" using the basic BEEP command (Syntax: BEEP duration,frequency) and displayed the lyrics in time. So now I understand why you were posting, HeelyJuice, and my bad for going off on a tangent, please forgive me - It's one of my bad habits LOL. (nobody's perfect eh?) Smile

I ain't got a quote that I can call my own that comes to mind right now, but when I do think of something suitable, if you like, I'll let you know. Smile

Congrats HJ!

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"