Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Do your FATs slow too much?
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:52 am  Reply with quote

I want to learn to like my FATs models (grail etc) but being only a size 7 I take medium FATs, and even when just rolling in perfectly smooth stores and malls, being so small they just seem to slow down way too quickly even compared to big deuces, but especially compared to mega's or rumbles.

Yet I hear that some of you (like Sara who is also about a size 7) actually like FATs wheels? So maybe there is something I'm missing that could mean I can enjoy my FATs heelys?

I've tried 608s and I've tried 688s, and I've tried the best quality bearings and bearing-lube, but normal medium FATs wheels still seem WAY too slow. . . so I was wondering, would the "speed formula" FATs be any better? I mean I can't figure out why they would, since they're still only soft 86a compound? Unless normal FATs are softer than 86a?

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
seth1230
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

speed formulas are a gimick name to get kids to buy them. i prefer 688's and then just ride em in rain for a day. but dont let them sit and rust. just keep riding them until they make a noise any time you ride them, theyll make noise but its the equivelent of like a clicking noise on your bike, you get use to it. you also ride alot farther. i prefer 688 to 608, btw. and i feel ALL types of fats new, used or wornin are faster then big deuce.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

OK thanks, I'll get some spare 688s and give that a try Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"