Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Improving Vert Heelys?
seth1230
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 am  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

There's already a pair of roller skates where the boot portion doubles as a shoe. Sorry subverse but your idea seems a bit redudant in that its creating something completely new, not even heelys anymore. The nano is more of.... an accessory for the shoes than a complete shift in the heeling style.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
sara48
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 am  Reply with quote

merlyn_DHC wrote:
Finally, before you change it all around - master it first. Its fine the way it is.

what merlyn said. There's not much point changing heelys, as there is still so many more new things that can be done with heelys just the way they are.

The nano seems ok, but I don't think I'll be getting one for the minute.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
subversed
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 pm  Reply with quote

seth1230™ wrote:
There's already a pair of roller skates where the boot portion doubles as a shoe.

yes there certainly is, but it's an ugly contraption- and no offense, most shoes are NOT made for such a thing(flimsy soles vs heelys' vulcanized rubber soles). i'm talking about a removable chassis that fits INTO the heelys bracket- a heelys specific mod here.
seth1230™ wrote:

Sorry subverse but your idea seems a bit redudant in that its creating something completely new, not even heelys anymore. The nano is more of.... an accessory for the shoes than a complete shift in the heeling style.

yes, but the nano simulates a skateboard. i always thought of heelys as, (while maintaining skateboard elements) much closer to inline skates. so, this satisfies my background more than a skateboarders.

as opposed to the nano, this is the opposite side of the coin. you could have both skateboarders and inliners/bladers interested in... Heelys.

im goin outside wrote:

i have never seen such long posts in ANY other forum, so yes epic bump. Deserves archives due to the intense typing involved..."best of"

Thanks ^_^

im goin outside wrote:

I do believe the new guy just showed proof of concept. however it takes larger wheels, and after adding wheels or making them larger when do they become roller skates and less like heelys?

i believe heelys normal sized wheels would perform just fine, but in truth i'd prefer these to be the alternative to the nano- where nano is a skateboard add-on, this would be an in-liner's add-on. and who knows? there might even be room for a spread-axle "Roller-skate" chassis attachment.

sara48 wrote:
merlyn_DHC wrote:
Finally, before you change it all around - master it first. Its fine the way it is.

what merlyn said. There's not much point changing heelys, as there is still so many more new things that can be done with heelys just the way they are.

they're dying how they are and heelys is getting desperate. look at the nano- they're looking to keep the styles of shoes they've created while bumping the product and expanding their userbase. this accomplishes that, without being HALF as ugly as a nano.
sara48 wrote:

The nano seems ok, but I don't think I'll be getting one for the minute.

agreed. the nano does not pique my interest at all- largely because it turns one of your feet into a skateboard and Definitely not a heelys shoe. i'm just trying to take this to the other side of the coin here- i used to inline skate everywhere. the only reason i stopped? taking the skate off took too long, had to carry shoes, etc. sure, there are snap-off skates out there but they're all clumsy and unattractive things made to fit onto shoes that weren't made for that. the soles of most shoes are pliable- something the soles of heelys shoes definitely arent (not nearly as much anyways) because they use vulcanized rubber and a big plastic bracket in your heel.

heelys shoes are made for this. a set of nikes? not so much.
with my inline-chassis the set of heelys could turn seamlessly into a set of inlines that you could do anything you wanted with and take anywhere. rocks in the road would be a fraction as dangerous, vert ramps would be much more possible, grinding would be grinding as always.

all i'm doing here is trying to create something that wont neglect the "other market" (of which i belong to).

the nano is CLEARLY a skateboard. i made inlines.

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

RE: NANO

Its actually the most promising thing I've seen in Heelys in years.

And JoeE skates them pretty damn well !!

And the video is the best thing I've seen come out of the new Heelys.com website as well.

That said, it remains to be seen if this is any better for vert. I can see it's already decent on street. Yes, its not your "traditional" Heelys. But then again, Heelys was never traditional.

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes