Heelychat Forum Index
<  Picture & Video  ~  Heelys Wheel Organiser
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:41 am  Reply with quote

This is a little invention I made yesterday to keep my wheels, axles and bearings organised and accessible and yet not have them all over the desk or floor. Smile

This one only holds about 37 pairs of wheels, which is just about enough for now, but if I need more at a later date I will make another. Smile

Little YouTube vid.

To make it I got a square of quarter inch MDF wood from the diy store (they gave it to me free since it was small). Then using an 8.3mm bit I drilled holes at 2 inch intervals at a slight downhill angle so that I could slot in the axles of wheels and they wouldn't fall out when it was hanging up. Then I spray-painted it as the wood looked a bit plain. I'm thinking of adding some Heelys graphics but I know how lazy I am so I probably will end up just sticking Heelys stickers on it instead LOL.

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
seth1230
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:40 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Haha i had done something like that over my bed for my heelys a long time back but it was just screws in my wall and they hung from the wheel well. I only did it for one pair because it would fall randomly sometimes.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 pm  Reply with quote

Aye, so far this is working ok. It's on a door but luckily the angle I drilled at means that none of the wheels fall off even when I open and close the door. Smile

I have a couple of proper store-bought shoe racks which have been less successful: either with them supposedly taking size 8 shoes but not being big enough to handle size 5 heelys, or with the shoes falling off lol.

So overall so far the wheel organiser seems to be doing a good job. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"