Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  Tattoos
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

Just curious:

If you're old enough and/or have some, what ink have you got?

Or if your state says you're too young but you'd like one: what would you get?

I got a small one I usually keep hidden, commemorating the love of my life. Smile

Last edited by Merrie_England on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
seth1230
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:19 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

I don't think there's an age limit here just as long as you have parental consent.

I definitely NEVER want a tattoo though. Seems too permanent.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
AgeMeansNothing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 pm  Reply with quote

That permanence is why people should DEFINITELY wait until they're good and mature (old Wink) before they take the plunge, especially if it's something that will be visible if you're anything more than nude. That said, it's your body, do what you want... just be sure to consider if you'll still want it when you're old and gray. Wink

Here's mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbogvBz7QUA

Hoping everyone stays happy, healthy, and heeling!
My Heelys: Escape #9110, Rumble #7317, Torch #9116, Suede Dogs #7501
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:24 am  Reply with quote

Agreed that it's something that should not be taken lightly. Although they can be removed it's kinda expensive so yeah it's best to be sure before doing it. Smile

The permanence is why I got mine, and I imagine yours too eh AMN? Smile

HeelysBabe
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

I'll be covered by the time im 25...for sure.
I got a tattoo artist brother, and all 7 of my siblings have more than 5 tattoos.

Funny Quotes:
seth1230™: he was spanking the salami. relieiving stress, visiting mrs. palmer and her three friends, we get it.
seth1230™: i need more people to lube me, not just hsb
AgeMeansNothing: I've played with shocking toys before
seth1230™: ive had more things in my mouth then paris hilton.
Slicer:pole humping can be a shocking experience and is not for everyone
Heely Hailey:ive never been to CO, but isnt the grand canyon there or sumthin?
XxHeelyZxX: i wonder if santy clause was gay, would he be Panty clause?
EmmaHeelz: OMG! THERE'S THREE EIFFEL TOWERS?!?!?!
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:54 am  Reply with quote

I have three tattoos:

1. Back:

This was my 1st tat. I got it a few years back and I had no real reason why I placed it there. I kinda wanted to express myself as an individual as no one else has performed it. I don't know many people who have free thinker on them lol. I chose the script because the T looks like a C and for people who think I am an idiot for inking my body I say it says Free Chinker, a guy put in jail for eating people. He deserves a break, as they were dead before he finished their legs Razz

2. Left Bicep

This one was my second and my most meaningful. My last name is Johns, and inside of it has the name of my dad, mom, and my brother. It was supposed to go on my heart, but I decided my arm at the last minute because this was one tat that I wanted to show people easily. My dad's name is on the J because he has the job. My mom is in the H because she is the home maker. My brother is in the S because he is the sibling. The O and the N were left blank as my family will always be in my heart. I chose the left bicep because the left arm has the vein that goes directly to the heart (reason why the wedding ring goes on the left finger)

3. Chest

I chose this tat because I used to be in construction when I was in High School. I built houses for credits because I hated just sitting. I got this tat 1 year after I graduated on the dot because its really the only reason I didn't drop out of high school, and if I dropped out I wouldn't have my MCSE and I wouldn't be working where I am now. 1988 is the year I was born and EST is what we would put on the keystone of every house, plus the year. 1988 is when I became established onto this world. A little bit of a hidden meaning and the reason I put it on my chest is because one typically associates the soul with the heart. I am established and here to stand for ever, just like a brick house.

I am also full of piercings:

1. Ears

I have been working on my ears since February of 2006. I wanted to be able to fit a cigarette in my earlobes before I graduated. I am now at 7/8". I was larger, but I am shrinking them down because of personal preference. I am pretty happy at the current gauge I am at now. Its funny cause my ears look like butt holes when the plugs are out XD

2. Nipples

Yeah, hurt like hell, 'nuff said lol. Actually, these are my favorite piercings just because of the story behind it. I always wanted to get something pierced that was semi-erotic, so on lunch break I went and got them pierced. That day, 4 people called off work and I had to pull a double shift working holiday season at Sears by myself in MAJOR pain lol. But I have them stretched to an 8 gauge which is where they will be staying forever. I also like the barbell instead of the loops because it looks nicer and less noticeable. I got that one for me.

3. Lip

I had a friend working at Sears who had his lip pierced and I never forgot it. He was bad fucking ass to the bone, just an awesome guy. I saw the lip ring and from that point on I wanted one. It actually didn't hurt at all ironically. But I love wearing a loop though it. Unfortunately I can't til my braces come off the latter part of this year.

4. Eyebrow

I hate eyebrow piercings with a passion. Most people get them in a retarded spot and it looks like a fishing hook had its revenge. I also hate the loops people put through them. So what do my friends think will be fun? Lets get him his eyebrow pierced lol. It took me some warming up to it, and I like mine, partially because I got it pierced so far up (its at the curve of the brow, not the tip). IDK, I like it, but no more up there.

There are more, but I will spare the details lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:37 am  Reply with quote

Interesting. . . never done piercings yet myself, but my sister has: she had her eyebrow done in the same place you have, plus tongue, naval, etc, but I guess that's a girl thing. She also has more tat's than me. . . mostly for people we've lost (deceased family members).

I've often thought of getting another tattoo because my only one is quite small and I wanted something bolder, but I hadn't got around to it yet. What do they charge for Tattoo's over there? Here a tiny 1 inch square would be like the equivalent of $35. I also hear you got some safe UV reactive inks over there? I recently acquired a 4 foot long 240 volt blacklight - I could have tattoo's that only show and glow under UV - many clubs/pubs have some UV lighting - if I could get red UV glow ink I could do a wicked Satan with red eyes. Laughing The UV inks we have here so far apparently cause health problems, so I'm steering clear for now.

Spooky how you chose "Free Thinker" - since learning of some of my heroes, like the painter daVinci, I've liked the term. I even put it as my occupation in my profile when i first came to Heelychat, and haven't changed it yet.

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:28 pm  Reply with quote

Merrie_England wrote:
Interesting. . .

If I had a nickel every time I heard that in regards to my body mods XD

Anyways, ink over here varies by the artist (ink is kinda like drugs; depends on the time of year, quality, and quantity). My back cost me $100, my arm was $110, and my chest was $100. All was done by the same artist. My piercings were all $10 bucks a hole, but the jewelry I have swapped in the years brings my totals to roughly $600... Yes, that's two zeros lol. My gauges are anywhere between $15 - $60 a plug.

The UV Ink is bad ass but EXPENSIVE!!! We have a shop in Denver that has it. They charge for letters about 30 bucks 1" x 1". Also, because it is reactive to light, it has to be on the surface (vs color tats can go down deeper, these have to be pretty close to the surface of the skin). This means that one good road rash can wipe away a few hundred bucks. I also heard that it can disappear over time (like normal ink fades). In my opinion, unless you are a go-go dancer, the phosphorescent tats are pretty much an over priced novelty.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:06 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

my daddy said i could. Smile
so excited, we still have to see if theres an age limit though.

also i like these, but don't want one myself.

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
HeelysBabe
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:43 pm  Reply with quote

EMMA HAS A TATTOO?!???!!

im uber jealous..... LUCKY!!

Funny Quotes:
seth1230™: he was spanking the salami. relieiving stress, visiting mrs. palmer and her three friends, we get it.
seth1230™: i need more people to lube me, not just hsb
AgeMeansNothing: I've played with shocking toys before
seth1230™: ive had more things in my mouth then paris hilton.
Slicer:pole humping can be a shocking experience and is not for everyone
Heely Hailey:ive never been to CO, but isnt the grand canyon there or sumthin?
XxHeelyZxX: i wonder if santy clause was gay, would he be Panty clause?
EmmaHeelz: OMG! THERE'S THREE EIFFEL TOWERS?!?!?!
DeezUU
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:27 am  Reply with quote

I've got a bio-mechish tribal-esque design on my left calf (the Jeep leg... that's the one you hang out when the doors are off when you drive a Jeep). Don't have any pics anywhere nor does it have a meaning/purpose. I just liked it and got it back in the day. We deemed that day Tat-day as I got mine, my girlfriend (now wife) got a daisy on her bikini line, my sis got a tribal+parrot on her shoulder and my buddy got a neon purple outlined in green praying mantis on his ribs.

I will one day go out and get some that are more meaningful (have been thinking of getting some celtic knots) but I'm in no rush. It's not like they're gonna wash off or anything.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:57 pm  Reply with quote

Hehe, nice one Deez. Of course, if you were in the UK the right calf would be the Jeep leg.

To Emily: so, are you saying you got that little bird tattoo because your dad said you could, or that you'd like it one day but haven't got it yet?

As for the baby. . . Just my opinion, and it's perfectly ok to disagree, but I'm not sure I agree with giving a baby a Tattoo, assuiming that pic is real and not a photoshop job? I mean if the baby is not old enough to talk then they can't even say if they want it etc, but maybe I should just guess by how ridiculous it sounds that of course the baby wasn't tattoo'd for real. Smile Either I'm too gullible or I've seen too many shocking things in my life. . .

Last edited by Merrie_England on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

I want it, and my dad said I could get it.
So, as soon as we see if there is a law against it... I can get it.

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
AgeMeansNothing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:17 pm  Reply with quote

I doubt there's a law against it, but any decent tattoo shop will make your parent(s) be there to pay and give permission, if not be there the whole time, and sign the releases for you, and probably jump through a couple other hoops.
Don't waste time trying to find a law against it, just pick a nice looking tattoo shop and check it out and ask them questions.

Hoping everyone stays happy, healthy, and heeling!
My Heelys: Escape #9110, Rumble #7317, Torch #9116, Suede Dogs #7501
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
wondercheese
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:36 am  Reply with quote

If I decide to get a tattoo (which is unlikely) I'd get a DNA replication fork going up the outside of one of my calves.

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!