Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Ninjas Review
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:05 am  Reply with quote

I got round to trying my Red/White/Graffiti Ninja's for the first time today, and I was pleasantly suprised in some ways: The wheel is set quite nicely back - nowhere near as much of a pain as Rumbles heels are.

And I love the wheel-bay - the mega wheels pop in and out SO easy compared to torches or evo's - almost too easy, I might be worried about the wheels coming loose if doing vert, but I guess that's because they're more for show on flatland being a non-grind model.

I love the way they have both sets of lace-holes: lugs and eyelets, so you can put your flat laces in to show off the patterns, or do the usually criss-cross lacing like you do with torches/evo's.

Couple of things I don't like about them:

They're a very tight fit, and the insole seems mega hard/firm - they definitely need an extra gel insole putting in if you're gonna be wearing them for a long time, or i'd imagine the bottom of your feet would get quite sore. . . I'd definitely recommed buying these one size larger than you do in torches/evo's, and piling in some extra padded/gel insoles.

Last edited by Merrie_England on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
wondercheese
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:55 pm  Reply with quote

I have the black ninjas. I wear them almost everyday, and they broke in quite nicely! They stretch will with time, so if you plan to wear them alot and you can tolerate a week of them being a bit tight, then go with the regular size! Mine were tight when I got them, but they fit perfectly now. I didn't have a problem with the insole, which is unusual for me, I have plantar fascitis so my feet are really sensitive to insoles! But it might just be how well broken in they are! I love the ride in the Ninjas. My wheel wells are the same, but I don't skate vert yet anyway!

wondercheese

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:29 am  Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the additional info cheese.

Yep, I think I'll wear my ninja's pretty much exclusively for the next week to break them in then, partly because I just love the pattern and partly because with the weather here I don't get enough time for grind practise, and I wanna save my grind-plated models for when I do have time.

Technically I should wear plain black shoes at work but if they wanna complain they can kiss my rolling ass. LOL

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:52 am  Reply with quote

My job was the same, which is why I have the Black Atomics, Regular Evos, and Fury's... In which does anyone have the Furys and Ninjas? They have the same shoe design, but do they notice anything different about the shoes. I was thinking about picking myself an all white pair or one of the newer models that are white with a design, but I am tossing the idea around of which model and the Ninja is fairly appealing...

The only problem I have with my Fury (and pretty much all Heelys) is that they tend not to breathe as nice as some other shoes (such as my ProKeds). This causes some discomfort and if I could avoid that but still get a decent looking shoe, I will be happy Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 am  Reply with quote

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
My job was the same, which is why I have the Black Atomics, Regular Evos, and Fury's...
Yeah, I'm thinking about eventually getting some black Fury's. If/when I do I'll compare them with the Ninja's for you. But as we suspect they're probably pretty much identical in all but looks.

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
The only problem I have with my Fury (and pretty much all Heelys) is that they tend not to breathe as nice as some other shoes (such as my ProKeds).
Yeah, when I do a tough practise session I notice that - your feet get too warm even in torches if you're working hard, even when it's cold out and you have a cold drink. I was thinking about punching holes in a pair of torches, or even removing a lot of the upper altogether to get better airflow - that should solve the breathabillity problem, but of course it would most likely not improve the looks. Torch Sandals, LOL.

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:21 am  Reply with quote

I was thinking about modifying them with plastic on the outside like motorcycle gloves or air vents on cars. Let the air rush into the show without comprimising the protection of the entire shoe... It shouldn't be too hard; rip open a seam and insert a small plastic "O" to bring in the air. Glue and Stitch and you should be OK

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger