Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  WORLD SERIES!!!
Laina_Heelz
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:13 am  Reply with quote

ya i know im like only phillies fan here lol! and i know im late (been partying, celebrating, nd halloween) but

PHILLIES WON WORLD SERIES!!!

It was great. Me and my friends celebrated within literally 3 seconds of last out by spraying 10 bottles of celtzer water at eachother. Went like practicly blind lol. I then celebratd up broad street with about (no lie) 1 MILLION people! I got on TV and maybe in the newpaper. IDK cuss all the nespapers were gone in philly before i could get to them :/

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/Entertainment/Detail?contentId=7752272&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=7.5.1

^^if you go there then you will find pics and video of just a small section of philly that i wasnt in but i was in a differnt part jsut as crowded.

Then yesterday (october 31) i woke up at 8AM (had no school cuss of the win and the parade we havnt had in like years lol idk how many but somewhere in the 1980's) i got REALLY hyped up ecause me and my dad were going to the prarade that started at 12. at about 11:00 we got there and lucky for us we live close by so we could walk. we got there and amung the estimate (from mayor Nutter) 2 MILLION people i got right up front, and i even was able to go beyound the police barracade Very Happy

The parade started and it was BEYOND awsome! chase utley waved to me...no lie. so did our pitcher Blanton. Felt abd for him cuss no one was yelling his name even though he hit an AMAZING home run!

I have video of the parade but idk if my sound on my camaera held up to really show the screaming people. If not ill just out backround sound.

(Im going to update this soon, i have the video just gotta put the clips together ans such)

Oh yes before i forget! If you were lucky enough you could get tickets to go into the stadium. (i was not that lucky) But something FUNNY happened that i saw on TV that was not blocked out...Chase Utley was BOMBED out of his mind lol! and when he was giving his speech he says World Champions...WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!!! It was sooo funny to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIJVMZZMiQ

[Sat 17:51] Laina_Heelz: ht its gonna be nice here...should be nice there...though i live not in the same state
[Sat 17:51] HeelyTrickster:Laina that sounded like a poem

[Tue 0:42] HeelysBabe:Im just trying to kill the time
Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:Kill time??
[Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:Isn't wasting time bad enough?
[Tue 0:43] merlyn_DHC:You have to KILL it ?!

[Thu 14:50] Big Mac: i had crabs once
[Thu 14:50] Big Mac: they kept hurting me though
[Thu 15:18] seth1230™: big mac....crabs are like lice...but that live down there....instead of up there...

laina: ugh! my kitchen is getting done and theres like no food so guess what lunch is if my mom dont give me money......PENUT BUTT
laina: oops! lol
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:38 pm  Reply with quote

Congrats to your team on winning Smile

But (and I don't mean to be offensive here) it always makes me laugh how it's called the "world" series. If I understand it right, it's mainly teams from the US, and one from Canada? I may be wrong, but if I'm right, that's hardly the whole world eh? I guess "North American Continent Series" doesn't have the same ring to it tho, so I see why they might want to call it something snappier.

Sounds like a great atmosphere at the celebrations tho Laina, wish I could have been there Smile

The last time I saw a celebration in the street like that with everyone coming together was at the Millenium - it was wonderful Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
mcrochip
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:09 am  Reply with quote
Heelychat Punmaster

I throughly enjoyed watching the game on TV, even with the monumental 46 hour rain delay. In a sense, I wonder if that actually helped the Phillies.

As for the World Series name... look at where the players come from. There's Japanese, South American (several countries), and other countries' people on the teams.

On a non-heely matter, I am walking in the Challenge Walk for Multiple Sclerosis. If you can help me with fundraising, please PM me for info. Thanks.
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:52 am  Reply with quote

Ah, that explains it. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:29 pm  Reply with quote

I agree with mcro to be political. On the other hand, America is the best damn country in the world, so we deserve to call it the World Series. And the Super Bowl should be called the World Super Bowl. Everyone else takes second place to America and thats just the way it is... Other wise you will get your shit blown up Very Happy jk

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger