Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  A question about Heely wheels....
Fishertech
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:55 am  Reply with quote

On my old pair of first generation Heelys I had the original wheels, and after many months of use, the rubber part of the wheel actually completely separated from the axle. When this happened, my wheels would roll terribly and whenever I turned, the rubber would actually shift and start rubbing against the side of the wheel well. Well I bought some replacement wheels, and while these ones never actually came apart from the axle, after some time they would get air bubbles. Like, I could look at the wheel and see a spot inside the wheel near the axle where the rubber wasnt tight on the axle anymore. This would have the effect of always making a squeaking noise when I rolled over this bubble, and it slowed the heelys down alot. So, my question is, has this ever happened to any of you people? Has this ever been the reason you have bought a replacement pair of wheels?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:57 pm  Reply with quote

No that hasnt ever happened to me Confused
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:07 am  Reply with quote

I have a pair of the Octanes that came with the MEGA wheel and I bought a pair of Big Deuce wheels as well.

I'm not a lightweight, being 5'11 and 210 pounds, and I haven't had any issues with either set of wheels..

evos8r94
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

acctually i bought mega wheels for my evolutions because i didnt like the big duece and i got an air bubble in it and it squeked too so ur not alone.
mx54
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:07 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

evo why didnt you like the bid duce i love it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:02 am  Reply with quote

I have to agree, I like the big deuce a lot better than the mega wheel. The rounded edges give you mire foot position options.

evos8r94
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:59 am  Reply with quote

acctually the reason i dont like the big duece wheels is because after i used them for a few months they became uneven and they would go slower so yea thats why i dont like them they are good for the first few months. haha i remember in school with my big dueces and i turned shaply and i made a mark on the floor and they screeched lol later all.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:24 pm  Reply with quote

Ohhhh i understand, when that happens to me i will get a new set Wink
terrain190
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 pm  Reply with quote

are the megas better then the fats??? i juss got a pair of reflexes and yeah i think i should have got the torches.. welll yeah.... gimme a comment bakc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fishertech
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:50 am  Reply with quote

I like the mega wheels alot more than the fats, But I like the big deuces even more than the megas. If you like doing tricks and going to skate parks and such, the megas or big deuces are definetly a good choice. Only problem is, the big dueces are wicked hard to find now, I could only find three websites that sold them and on each site they were way overpriced. I hope Heelys hasnt stopped making them... Because alot of sites that used to sell them dont have them anymore.

Slicer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:16 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Here's the super secret way of fixing uneven Heelys: Take the wheels out and put them in the other way. Or swap the wheels between the shoes. Or both. As I do this regularly, I never have this problem.

The wheels aren't *that* hard to find.. not like adult sizes are, anyway.

Big Deuce automatically wins because of the pebble issue (or lack thereof). Fats are a joke now. Megas... why? They're just bigger Fats, with the same problems. I think the BDs are a bit slower, but that just means you have to push a bit harder..

terrain190
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:21 pm  Reply with quote

do you guys wheels roll weird mine aren't really smooth on smooth surfaces do you guys know what the problem is .. and does anyone know why my bearings sound like they are grinding up while i spin them with my hands? when they are on the floor you can't really tell.
Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:47 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

If they sound like they're grinding, then they're full of grit. Clean them out or get new ones. It's not going to get better on its own.

Heelynut
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:32 pm  Reply with quote

For a 200 lbs person, like myself, there is a notable difference in the wheels....
For straight distance with the same push off, here are my ratings of the wheels:
Mega 10
Regular FATS 6
Clear FATS 5 (like on the Reflex)
Deuce 4
(I'm guessing the deuce sguishes under my weight which results in lots of rolling friction).

I now have 4 Mega wheels that have separated from the core. I think HSL will replace them for free....contact customer service.
I have never had a problem with FATS wheels.
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:47 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Agreed - FATs is the strongest of them. But Megas don't split unless you have a lot of pressure on them.

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes