Heelychat Forum Index
<  Cesspit  ~  Mistreated Kids
Hidude28
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:07 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys

While this has nothing to do with heelys and only a few people will read it , im still gunna post it.

The parents of a 14-year-old girl have been charged after she was found badly malnourished.

Jon Pomeroy, the girl's biological father, and Rebecca Long, the girl's step mother, are each charged with first- and second-degree criminal mistreatment.

Sheriff spokesman John Urquhart says the girl weighed only 48 pounds when contacted by deputies Friday, and had been given only little food and water for several years.

"This is a horrendous case of child abuse," Urquhart said. "It was described as a concentration camp survivor. That's what she looked like."

Urquhart says their investigation began on Aug. 13 when Child Protective Services was called to the home in the 31200 block of Northeast 114th Court after neighbors reported hearing screaming the night before.

"I asked, 'Is everything OK? We hear screaming. Is anyone hurt? Do you need help?'" said Adrienne Hale, a neighbor. "A minute or so later we heard them shut their window."

Deputies interviewed the girl privately when her father told detectives she was the one screaming.

The girl told deputies her mother disciplined her by restricting her water intake, and was primarily given toast to eat. She said she hadn't seen a doctor in several years.

She and her 12-year-old brother were taken from the home by Child Protective Services and the girl was admitted to Children's Hospital for treatment of severe malnutrition. She was in the hospital for two weeks.

During the investigation, investigators said they found the girl's mother restricted her water intake to about half of a small Dixie cup per day. The mother only let the girl shower every two or three weeks, and watched her during each shower and bathroom break to keep the girl from surreptitiously drinking water, Urquhart said.

"She looked more like she was 8 or 9 years old. Clearly very, very malnourished," Urquhart said. "All of her teeth had to be either pulled or capped."

The girl and her brother were forced to sleep on the floor in the same room as their parents, and a heavy dresser was pushed in front of the door to keep her from sneaking out and getting water, Urquhart said. The girl said the dresser was placed there after she was caught one night sneaking out of her own room to drink water from the toilet.

The girl told deputies that on one occasion, her mother duct-taped her hands behind her back and dunked her head in the toilet as a form of discipline.

Detectives searched the home and found the girl's room had a double deadbolt on the door used to keep her locked in the room. They also collected evidence that the family had health insurance and that her little brother had seen a doctor in the last few years.

Urquhart said the family's two dogs were in good health and had recent trips to a veterinary clinic.

"It's freaky. It makes me sick that was going on and we didn't know anything about it," said Hale.

Once in protective custody, the girl underwent a medical evaluation and doctors found all of her teeth to be eroded and chipped. They said those problems likely stemmed from extreme dehydration.

Investigators said based on a medical exam of the girl about five years ago, she was in the 10th percentile on the growth chart, and hasn't grown much since then; currently she is well below the first percentile. She has also not had any weight gain since she was 9 years old.

The detective handling the case has been investigating abuse and neglect for 16 years and said it was the worst case of child abuse he had ever seen, Urquhart said.

Detectives do not believe either child has had any schooling in years.

Deputies arrested the girl's 43-year-old father and 44-year-old mother on Friday at their Carnation home for investigation of first degree Criminal Mistreatment. The parents were released Saturday on their own recognizance.

If convicted as charged, Jon Pomeroy and Rebecca Long could face up to 48 months in prison. They are scheduled to be arraigned October 27.

Pomeroy is a software engineer and Long does not work outside the home. Urquhart said it was not clear what prompted the mistreatment.

"We're all asking ourselves why," he said. "We're looking for some sort of an explanation, but we haven't found one."

The girl and her brother are currently in foster care and doing well.

"They're doing much better. The girl has gained over 20 pounds," Urquhart said.

I LIKE EMOTES

~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:26 am  Reply with quote

wow. That's horrible. I;m in shock

[Tue 21:23] Slicer: you are now the moderator of Canada
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:51 am  Reply with quote

Nexuiz1028 wrote:
If convicted as charged, Jon Pomeroy and Rebecca Long could face up to 48 months in prison.

Is that all? They made her life hell for the first dozen or so years, and will probably have caused her problems for the rest of it, and they only get 4 years? And even the prison won't be as horrible as the way they are said to have treated her.

I'm happy she's safe from them now, but personally I think the "parents" (and I use that term loosely) should get life or death for that mistreatment. (Just my 2 cents)

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
HeelyLover22
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:15 pm  Reply with quote

WOW that is TERRIBLE!! Those "parents" (if u can call em that) should get the death sentence like ME said. hell, if i was that girl i would make sure the world heard about it all and get the help from the kind people that heard my plea to get them life in prision. OMG THAT IS HORRIBLE!!

I has 5,000 Ghetto Points *yessss*
Smile Very Happy
Slicer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:01 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

One of these horrifying, blatant, "WHAT THE FUCK OH MY FUCKING GOD" cases pops up a few times a month. Most of them don't even make national news. It's honestly better if you don't search for it, and above all, don't click here.

Laramie, I don't mean this as a slight against you, but this one belongs- FIRMLY- in the Cesspit.

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:22 am  Reply with quote

Merrie_England wrote:
Nexuiz1028 wrote:
If convicted as charged, Jon Pomeroy and Rebecca Long could face up to 48 months in prison.

Is that all?

Yes...

There is a guy I know who shot 3 people... 3 different people, and was charged seperately for 1st Degree Attempted Murder on 3 counts... He was also caught in possession of a controlled substance as well as possession with intent to sell... He received 7 years and 3 years of probabtion... This guy SHOT 3 people and received 2 years for each one. And he wasn't in a Federal lock up, no, he was in the State Pen, meaning he was in the Day Care for Mislead Adults. He currently is employeed at a store in which his major money maker is the secret distribution of drugs.

On the other hand, I have a friend who stole $16,000. It was her and her husband, and her house was being foreclosed because they were 1 week late on their morgage payment (yes, I did say Foreclosed... And we wonder why we had to bail the fucking banks out). There were also misc. bills she wanted to get paid down for. For those not familiar with Federal Law, $5,000 of theft constitutes as a felony. When the company took her to court, she was told she had a 24 hour period $240,000 dollars, because thats what the company had missing. She either paid that or was sent to State for 18 years. Her husband was lucky and able to sell off his toy collection for the money. She is currently on probation for 8 years working at Domino's as a pizza driver working anywhere from 80 - 100 hour weeks. This December she is going back to courts though because the company owner's plead guilty to theft as well and she will be getting restitution for the $214,000 she had to pay out (in low monthly payments of course which will be taxed over the course of the payment plan).

So it doesn't surprise me anymore when we let someone who abuses their kids go off for 4 years, someone who shoots people for 7 years. America punishes the wrong people for the wrong times. Take from the rich and give to the poor, you'll never find another good paying job. Sell some meth, get rich quick, hell, even shoot a couple of people. Its ok, you'll be out before you know it.

And for my last bit of criticism to our lovely protectors...

Nexuiz1028 wrote:
Investigators said based on a medical exam of the girl about five years ago, she was in the 10th percentile on the growth chart, and hasn't grown much since then; currently she is well below the first percentile. She has also not had any weight gain since she was 9 years old.

She was abused longer then her shit for brains "parents" will be in jail for...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger