Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  How bout them scars
im goin outside
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

Whats everyone's worst accident, doesnt HAVE to be heelys but it is the heelychat website... Shocked
Slicer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:22 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I have an inch-long scar on my right wrist from eating shit going downhill in FATS two years ago. Big, puffy sucker too.

DeezUU
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:32 pm  Reply with quote

My sister cut my finger off. It's stubby past the last knuckle.

DeezUU
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:41 pm  Reply with quote

OH WAIT!! I got a good one.

A few actually.

1. Was skating (board) back in the day as a light mist fell. Hit up a railslide aross a parking curb that was uber-slick and fell backwards. As I was falling backwards, I reached for anything to help break the fall and the only thing available was a handicap sign so all 4 fingers on my left hand slid across the entire top of the sign slicing down to the bone/ligs. Had a pool of blood in hand for a few hours (didn't go to the hospital) and have scars across all 4 still to this day (we're talkin 20 years ago!!)

2. Was hitting a sweet jump on my flatland bike (shoulda known better... it wasn't built for airs). It was a roadtrip to my fav flat spot with about 8-10 of my fellow riders. There was about a 3' downhill slope to a nice 4' launch across a side street. I was about 5' in the air nicely styling the skillz and came down not so softly. The bottom half of my 3pc profile cranks broke (near the ped) sending my left foot to the ground and swinging the cranks with the jagged broken edge around. It sliced my shin open like a thanksgiving turkey!! That was prolly 15+years ago (I was about 18-20). Hair STILL won't grow there! It was about a 12" slice going straight up. I nearly passed out on that one cause it hurt like a mutha!! And no... didn't go to the hospital. Just taped it shut.

DeezUU
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

OK ok... I got 1 more!! Lol

Was bodyboarding in the OBX (@ the Buxton jettys) and had a pretty long day of great dawn patrol surf. It was overhead and glassy all morn and we were BEAT. Me and my buddy decided to go hit the local pizza joint for lunch and head back out afterwards. Well on the trip back to the truck, I had a boo-boo. You see... there are sandbags stacked up to keep the larger swells where they are supposed to be. The stack is about 10' tall. You have to walk across to get out of the jetty area. We were walking across the bags when YEOUCH!!!! I saw a RUSTY NAIL sticking 3" out of the top of my foot!! It went directly through my foot missing all bones. It hurt like a mother. Bad part is... the OBX (especially on Hatteras Island) is 3 hours + from my house. I had to travel all the way to Va Beach (thanks to crap insurance) to get a damn tetinus shot and get the wound cleaned out (which was murder). There is still a dot on each side of my foot (bottom and top) where the nail was. That was about 13 years ago. I hope no one ever has to go through the pain of having rust removed from a hole in your body!! The nurse filled a bottle with cleaning soloution and went all the way through my foot cleaning it out without pain killers (she said it wouldn't set in in time for her to get it cleaned out since I waited 3 hours to see her).

Redemption
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

Well if not posting minor injuries I only have one that happened about 5 or 6 years ago. I was pretty small that time and liked running, I was playing catch with a friend and was going as fast as I can. While running I tripped on a stone and fell straight on the ground (No grass it was all stones and dirt) and was sliding on my kneees and elbows. There was blood all over and some pieces of stones inside of the scars. I had to go to the nurse at school (Yes it happend at school) and I dont remember what all they did but I actually walked there trying to hold all the pain. I still have some big scars on my knee and elbow the ones on my knee are about 4' and the elbow one is my entire elbow. It was deep inside and stones were sticking out and stuff.

So thats the only injury I got that is not minor.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:53 am  Reply with quote

DeezUU wrote:
the only thing available was a handicap sign so all 4 fingers on my left hand slid across the entire top of the sign slicing down to the bone/ligs
Nearly getting maimed by a handicap sign. . . ah, the irony, I don't think anyone will beat that Smile

Fortunately I don't have any permanent scars yet (now I've jinxed it) Very Happy

Only thing I've got that comes close is:

I grew up in a really rough neighbourhood, and when I was about 17 I was going down this street which I shoulda known better than to go down: even the cops didn't go down there unless they had serious numbers, but I wanted to call for a friend who lived down there. . . I went up his driveway, rang the bell, and he wasn't in, so I turned my bike around to go and as I did 5 guys stepped in to block the end of the drive. . . they said something like "give us your bike" and I wouldn't, so they beat the crap outta me and took the bike and threw it over a high spiked fence where they thought I couldn't recover it. I managed to get the bike back and it wasn't damaged so they lost there, but one of them did hit me on the cheek so hard that if I open my mouth all the way, it still clicks to this day. . . . You can't see any damage on the outside but I guess it chipped the bone or something. It's never caused me any trouble so I just ignore it, but yeah, I guess that's my only damage, well, only physical damage Very Happy

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:05 am  Reply with quote

I attempted to do a 1 handed hand plant (straight into 1, not 2 then 1) and when I came down my foot slid under me and I sat on it. I ripped out my knee and my ankle... Its on YouTube somewhere

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kain
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:01 am  Reply with quote

The worst thing that's ever happened to me skating wise (besides numerous hits in a very sensitive area by my skateboard), the biggest fall I've ever taken is breaking my ribs on a handrail at the skate park.

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

HeelyLover22
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:18 am  Reply with quote

My first and only fall (keep in mind i only skate street) was in wal mart's parkin lot. Its awesomely down hill, and i pushed off and was going to go straight to the end of the parkin lot (we park at the end cuz my mom doesnt want dings on her SUV). So I pushed off at the door and about the time i got to the first parkin spot, I hit a rock. I fell face first, but luckily i threw my hands out. I cut up my knee and my palms. My palms were ok but my knee still hurts me after intense heeling. I still have a scar from the pavement biting me Razz It's one of those scars that will go away after awhile, but i did that in like last June I believe. Anyway thats the worst I have had.

Although I twisted my ankle NOT wearin Heelys(Gasp!), but its fine and I can heel now! I just cant quite do 180s or 360s without still havin a lil pain but o well. Should be completely fine by the weekend.

I has 5,000 Ghetto Points *yessss*
Smile Very Happy
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:06 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

DeezUU wrote:
My sister cut my finger off. It's stubby past the last knuckle.

Shocked

RU Serious?

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
Slicer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:08 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Yakuza, Deez?

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:16 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

OK - my turn.

NON-Skating:

When I was 12, the ball we were playing with went into a neighbor's yard. I hopped the 6 foot fence only to come down straight into a nail. It was facing up on a plank that they'd left out. It went right through my sneaker and impaled my foot to the board. *ouch*.

Then two years later when I was 14, I was working in the attic with my dad. We were re-laying insulation. The ceiling to the attic was slopped. Because I was a lot smaller than my dad, I did the edges (where its shorter). I stood up in a place too short and impaled my head into a nail coming down through the roof.

So yeah .. me and nails .. not so good. I've been impaled, head to toe.

WORST SKATING

This is when I was practicing "Airs". I was jumping into the half-pipe more and more aggressively. Then, one jump I caught onto coping and smashed face on the ramp. I actually dragged my face all the way down the ramp, leaving a trail of skin worn from my brow.

I was kinda in shock when I found myself soaked in blood (still in my helmet). Thank God I was wearing that thing.

Yeah .. so .. I have a scar from that.

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
im goin outside
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 am  Reply with quote

My worst was when i was riding my dirtbike on the rockiest trail imaginable and my ankle got cought between the rock and my footpeg...CRUNCH, it boke my ankle pretty badly i had a cast and screws and everything. YAY YAMAHA
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:40 pm  Reply with quote

Worst skating damage so far:

This isn't very serious but since everyone is posting stuff that happened whilst heeling I thought I'd join in, plus maybe people will learn from my mistakes so maybe some good can come from my stupidity? LOL.

OK #1: A friend was driving me home from another friend's house and he stopped at a motorway service station to use the toilets etc. . . since it was a night out with friends I'd had a little to drink (as if i need an excuse LOL) and in the rest-stop there was this small area of smooth wooden floor, almost like a dance floor, so being Merrie as I was I was busting out the only heelys moves I knew at the time: mainly heeling backwards and corners and the occasional revert/powerslide, and I was making a kind of crazy dance out of it, and a few people gathered round to watch. Very Happy Then my friend came back from the toilets and I thought I would race him back to the car. . . he was running and I was heeling, and I tried to heel faster than I could run (not considering the fact that my balance was impaired at the time for obvious reasons). As I was heeling along I somehow tripped and tried to run out of the the roll but (of course) since I was going too fast I tripped and dragged my back knee for quite a spell. It swelled up and was blue and bruised for a few week, but that'll teach me Very Happy I could tell all the people watching would have loved to have laughed their heads of at me because it was a really stupid thing I did, but my friend was so big and tough looking that none of them dared LOL

#2: Whilst practising grinding I did pretty much the same thing AMN did one day: I went from one type of grind to a completely diff kind I hadn't practised much, and I jumped into it too fast and landed hard on my shoulder: I think I damaged something inside because it couldn't bear much weight for weeks, but that's what I get for being cocky Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"