Heelychat Forum Index
<  Tips Tricks & Techniques  ~  Request wrong-way-spin Tut.
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:35 am  Reply with quote

When I say "wrong way" spins I mean turning the opposite way to that shown on the Trictionary's 180s vids etc. For instance:

If I'm heeling with the left leg in front, normal 180/360s start by turning my front left toe to the left, and spinning counter-clockwise, but I've seen a couple of vids now where people heeling with the left leg in front turn clockwise to do a 180, or people heeling with the right leg in front spin clockwise. . .

I can do 180s on either leg but so far can only spin clockwise when I have my right leg first, and counter-clockwise for left leg first, but on this vid for example, they sometimes do it the other way:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DMh6ADPg_G4

Just after 0:40 he does a 360 counter-clockwise but has his right leg first - and I was wondering if anyone can give any tips as to how to keep balance whilst starting with the left leg forward and doing a clockwise 180 or 360?

A little tutorial vid to show what your feet do etc would be nice, but any tips will be greatfully accepted Smile

Please keep in mind that I can't do the full on "spins" with both feet site by side yet like I've seen some people do when doing multiple 360s - so far I can only do a 360 by adding a 180 and a revert although they're getting smoother. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
Vorik
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

maybe you could do it by jumping into a manual like you do with the footy360 and then planting again that's how i would
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:32 am  Reply with quote

Hmm, I can jump into a straight manual but not a footy360 yet, although I'll probably get there eventually if I put in hours and hours of practise: so far footys have been the hardest thing for me to learn: took me about 3 months of an hour a day so far, and they're still not perfect (sometimes I fall out of a footy back to normal heeling when I don't want to).

But basically I just wanted to learn the same technique used in the YT vid shown: I like to try to be a well-rounded heeler and my hope is that in the end if I know all the different techniques it will help me be better overall, because I've noticed that each trick you learn makes new tricks seem possible when before I had thought I'd never learn them. For example, doing thousands of slow 180s and 360s made me realise that for a second (the bit where you're spinning with your feet in a "V") I was almost in the crabwalk position, so in theory if I get good enough at extending this section into a roll I should be able to crabwalk.

So that's why I asked: I just want to know every technique possible. I'm greedy for knowledge like that Very Happy

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"