Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  American Culture
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:47 am  Reply with quote

It's well known that I've always been interested in certain fine American beverages, but since meeting you fine people who are (mostly) from America, I thought it would be cool to branch out and get to know a little more about your culture Smile

So, I went on eBay and purchased my self some small pieces of American Culture, the only problem is I don't know which piece is which, so perhaps you can help me put names to them before they're gone forever, as I certainly won't keep them long - when you see, you'll see why Very Happy

Please Scroll Down Smile

Apparently there is:

1 twinkie

1 ho ho

1 chocolate cupcake

1 ding dong

1 suzy q

But not being a native of the New World I've never seen any of these things before, so I don't know which is which, but I bet at least one of you guys will know? Smile

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give in putting names to these delicious looking items Very Happy

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
sara48
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:07 am  Reply with quote

you don't know what a chocolate cupcake is?! :O

you can't really see cause it's covered, but I'm guessing its no. 4, or it could be no. 5 if that has sponge underneath ?

I've never heard of any of the others though .. but I have to admit .. the names are pretty hilarious. Laughing Probably not for all you americans on here cause your used to them Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:18 am  Reply with quote

Indeed, I've never been big on cakes, so no I wouldn't know a cupcake from a cheesecake.

I also want to try other snacks which I've heard of (from the US TV shows I like to watch) but have never seen yet IRL. I'm not sure of the spellings but they are:

Nutter Butter
Oreo
Chips Ahoy

sara48
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:26 am  Reply with quote

wow, your seriously missing out! Oreo's are amazing!! and I'm pretty sure they sell them everywhere over here too Razz

Your not big on biscuit's either? lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:39 am  Reply with quote

No, generally the only snacks/sweets i like are the occasional expensive chocs like Lindor Lindt (Milk) and i like lots of crisps - the healthy Walkers Baked kind, because they're high in starch and fibre (for crisps) and low in sugar and fats. Smile

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

1. Twinkies - God's Gift to Mankind. The only food that regardless of its "expiration date" never expires. Also tastes good deep fried...

2. Suzie Q - My first love. Two choclate cakes with rich vanilla icing in between. Older they get, the dryer the cake is.

3 - 4. Absolutely no idea, but its probably sealed up to protect it from Sun exposure, meaning it has some kind of frosting on the top

5. Frosted Cupcake - Cute and efficient. Good if you need that quick fix of sugar.

Everything you listed here goes for anywhere of $2 - 2.50 USD per box, and it is assorted from like 5 - 10 wrapped treats.

As for the other snacks

Nutter Butter - Who ever invented this should be cut off at the knees... period

Oreo - Beautiful cookie, known for being around longer then Man itself... Actually, it was the desert for the Last Supper. Anyways, its a favorite of kids and people who just had a meaningful relation end before their eyes. If you get the Double Stuffed and take the two sides with Icing and put them together, you get quad stuffed. Garunteed to make you want to throw up after eating an entire box.

Chips Ahoy - The regular are too hard and the chewy taste like donkey shit. The cool thing is you can put the regular cookies into the microwave for 5 - 10 seconds which will warm up the sugar and make them taste pretty good. Either way, you're mom makes better cookies

All in all, the new world is known for its adventurous attitude, towering marvels of architechure, and the most overweight people in the world... But for all you UKer's, you have something we don't. Smarties... We have M&M's... But we also have Blue M&M's... XD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wondercheese
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:39 pm  Reply with quote

Ho ho's are probably 3. They are a flat chocolate cake rolled up with cream and dipped in chocolate! I used to love all those snacks, and then when I got out of junior high, they suddenly and tragically stopped tasting good. The last time I bought a twinkie, I couldn't finish it! My friend mashed a susie-Q in my hair once, but it was an accident, he was trying to keep me from stealing in and tripped! Funny thing was I wasn't going to eat it, I just wanted to bug him, but he ended up not getting to eat it anyway.

I LOVE nutterbutter and oreo! Nutter butters are good if you like peanut butter. Double stuff oreos are the best. I agree with Mav on the chips ahoy, they aren't worth eating.

Congrats on getting possibly the scariest part of American culture!

wondercheese

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:52 pm  Reply with quote

Twinkies: eaten. What can I say. Mmmm, tasty! Very Happy But gee whizz, you can just taste those calories eh? Very Happy

And the ding dong, I wouldn't have thought I would have liked it with a name like that LOL, but hey, that little sucker was pretty nice.

My friend just saw me eat the suzy Q in practically one big bite, and was quite shocked as he says it is wildly out of character for me who usually eats one crisp and is full, LOL.

Redemption
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:22 pm  Reply with quote

:O Wow I didnt know that you dont know those stuff.

Anyway like Sara said either #3 or #4 is the cupcake. I have a stronger feeling that it is #4 because of the shape.

#1 looks like a twinkie but they may be different than sold at this part of the world.

Like almost everyone said I Dont really like chips ahoy they are just chocolate chip cookies that aint made tasting good.

I like smarties more than M&M's For some reason but they stopped selling those about 3 years ago.

ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

3 is a Hoho, thats easy peasy lemon squeezie. Very Happy

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:21 pm  Reply with quote

<--- doesn't eat this crap and eats organic shtuff

[Tue 21:23] Slicer: you are now the moderator of Canada
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:47 am  Reply with quote

That's a good idea Tuna, hey, lemme guess, do you also like tunafish? Very Happy

I love tunafish, but I'm not too good with eating veggies. I like peas and carrots and but that's about it - the rest all taste a bit gross to me Very Happy

I do like to eat snackfoods like those pictured above, but I force myself to eat slightly more healthy things as I'm trying to stay healthy in my old age, LOL.

DeezUU
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
1. Twinkies - God's Gift to Mankind. The only food that regardless of its "expiration date" never expires. Also tastes good deep fried...

Lol.... talk about an express trip to a heart attack!!! Laughing

Tell you what else is a staple of the American junkfood diet... Krispy Kreme donuts. They are pretty much rings of crack cocaine. Put some chocolate on top and dunk it in some chocolate milk and enjoy as the unburned fat oozes from you pores.

Anyone ever had a Chicago 'Ripper' ?? (deep fried hot-dog cooked until it splits). There is a local Irish pub/fireman's hang that just started selling them and lemme tell ya.... I call 911 before eating one and tell em to get the defib ready!!! Laughing

bensterwkd
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:04 am  Reply with quote

Do oreos do double stuffed chocolate creme?

|-|Ee|_Y5
seth1230
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:38 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

I have never heard of

"1 ho ho

1 chocolate cupcake

1 ding dong

1 suzy q "

Until i remembered ding dong came up on the simpsons, but i've never seen ANY of them at the grocery store.

Yet more reason for most of us south floridians to not even consider ourselves part of the US.

xD

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ