Heelychat Forum Index
<  Picture & Video  ~  "I Got New Heelys!" Thread
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:35 am  Reply with quote

Where did you land the size 12 torches? I have been looking for some, but I either always get out bid or I don't have the funds

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:58 am  Reply with quote

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
Where did you land the size 12 torches? I have been looking for some, but I either always get out bid or I don't have the funds

As I said in another thread, there's still a fair few Size 12 torches in the UK - most stores have them. Of course, we ALWAYS have to pay much more than you guys do for anything, which includes Heelys - so I doubt you'd be happy paying UK prices for them. That pair I got from a UK ebay seller for £43 delivered (about $80) - which is a damned good price here - many people here happily pay the equivalent of about $170 US for them here. Smile

At time of writing this post, they're even selling still on Amazon here (although only the 9116's not 9117):

But as you see, the UK "recommeded price" shown on Amazon is £88 - and even the current discounted price is £58 ($109) which you guys would probably think was way too much? Plus you'd have to pay shipping back to the US of maybe $30-60 on top of that depending how quick you wanted it.

If you like I can keep my eyes peeled for the cheapest NEW US12 Torches I see here in Merrie Old England, but you're probably still going to be talking about the equivalent of at LEAST $140 US all in. Probably not worth it for you guys unless you really need brand new torches? Might as well just wait for the black Pro-series eh?

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
seth1230
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:41 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Merrie, My first evolutions cost me 129$ on zappos plus like 15$ overnight shipping. But that was when they had just come out. I know jayson and a few others paid that much for their evolutions when they had just come out.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:50 am  Reply with quote

2mav: so yeah, now you have the gory details, feel free to let me know if you would like me to keep an eye out for size 12 torches for you - if they won't ship direct to you and you can afford the shipping, i'd be happy to act as middle man. Wink As I said the best current UK price for brand spanking new Size 12 torches is about £58 for the shoes, prolly about £6 for delivery to me (if Amazon UK won't ship to you) and then probably another £20-odd quid for shipping from me to you.

Anyhoo, back on topic, postman came struggling up the hill today on his bike with another oversized package lol: I get the feeling he's beginning to dislike me. . . he actually said in a half-joking tone: You stay off that computer, you! (referring to my online shopping). I said he should pay me as his personal trainer, after all, it's my weighty parcels that are keeping him fit, LOL.

So yeah, this is what he lugged up to our house today, among other things:

And I tell you what, the leather on these babies (or imitation leather? well whatever it is) when they're fresh out of the packaging smells SOOO good!

Yeah, OK. I admit it. Very Happy

I'm out of the closet . . .
I'm a new-heely sniffer. Embarassed

Anyone else here dare to come out? ROFL

Oh, and another new set of Heelys that arrived today, well, sort of.

Not Heelys. . .

but Heelies: Surprised

Don't worry, I ain't turned traitor to Heelys, LOL, I just wanted to see what it felt like to have wheels on the side of the back of the foot, like Heelys Mack, but didn't want to pay much for the experience, and these were only a few bucks (well, bout $13 to be precise).

And I figure if I don't like them, I can either give them away, or sacrifice them on the Holy Altar of making Heelys custom-wheels Very Happy

That's what I'll do. . . Saw them in to teeny tiny pieces to appease the Heely-gods for my transgression - and rip the little lights out of the bastards, Hannibal-style. Laughing

TBH, when I purchased them online I didn't realise how small they would be: I was quite shocked to see "Age 6+" on the packaging, but I betcha five bucks I can fit still fit my tiny shoes in them LOL Very Happy

Slicer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:31 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Wow, that is some really abyssal marketing on those abominations.

Requesting pics of the chop-up-and-reuse-lights procedure please.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:40 am  Reply with quote

Slicer wrote:
Wow, that is some really abyssal marketing on those abominations.

Requesting pics of the chop-up-and-reuse-lights procedure please.
Haha! You just want to see them suffer huh? Very Happy

Lately I've hardly had time to lace up my new sets of Heelys so it might take a while, but sure, if and when I get a chance to butcher them, I'll see what pics I can snap.

Photography-wise, do you want me to focus on the destructiveness or creativeness, or a nice mix of both? LOL (j/k)

Slicer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:55 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Both.

But with a final annihilation of the monstrosities, preferably by fire.

wondercheese
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

Fire would be good, but a nice willitblend.com style ending would be pretty sweet too!

BTW nice Ninjas! I would have gotten that style too, but I wanted to wear them to work/school inconspicuously!

WC

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 pm  Reply with quote

wondercheese wrote:
Fire would be good, but a nice willitblend.com style ending would be pretty sweet too!

BTW nice Ninjas! I would have gotten that style too, but I wanted to wear them to work/school inconspicuously!

WC
Indeed, I sometimes wear the rumbles for that purpose (they're quite plain/worklike, but luckily my work don't give a crap so it's usually evo's or torches - but yeah, think i'll wear the ninja's tomorrow Very Happy

~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

I gots me some torches!!!

Here's the current family. Shoes from Left to right in Chronological order: Hurricane 7225, GT 9153, Torch 9116

[Tue 21:23] Slicer: you are now the moderator of Canada
wondercheese
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

hey tuna! You finally got your torches! YAY. Now when can we expect tuna vs the halfpipe vids? Well, how long AFTER you're wrist heals that is....!

WC

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:13 pm  Reply with quote

The doc says as long as my cast is on, I can do whatever, so bring on the half pipe! prolly this weekend.

wondercheese
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:52 pm  Reply with quote

"The doc says as long as my cast is on, I can do whatever, so bring on the half pipe! prolly this weekend."

Wow, pediatric othopedics has become less cruel! When my sis broke her arm, she was told she couldn't do ANYTHING fun for 6 weeks until the cast came off! that's awesome that you can still skate with a cast!

WC

~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:06 pm  Reply with quote

wondercheese wrote:
"The doc says as long as my cast is on, I can do whatever, so bring on the half pipe! prolly this weekend."

Wow, pediatric othopedics has become less cruel! When my sis broke her arm, she was told she couldn't do ANYTHING fun for 6 weeks until the cast came off! that's awesome that you can still skate with a cast!

WC

Chyeah, I've hit it as hard as I can on concrete, and I can't feel it. Casts rule.

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:29 am  Reply with quote

Its not if you can feel the pain, its what your broken bone does when its jarred. To be honest, I would kick it slowly until the cast does come off because all it takes is 1 fall to mess you up for good...

And for the shoes, congrats on the torches tuna... To be honest, when I saw the pic I was like "Atomics, GTs, and Evos" then I read the caption and blamed HSL for lack of creativity...

And as for the Wheelie crappies ME, when you are done with them I agree with the burning... or you can be like Seth and save yours and make a spoof YouTube vid XD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger