Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  i don't know
maycam10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:05 pm  Reply with quote

i don't know what kind oh heelys i want for christmas. any ideas? Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Inuyasha_HeelyGirl11
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:26 pm  Reply with quote

I suggest the Atomics or maybe the Slide....im not too sure...if your concerned about the way you look than i suggest the Atomics,if not get the Slides. 8) Surprised Wink

Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:11 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

Evolutions, I started with Slide, started heeling for like 15 minutes then knew I needed a grindplate. I'd just save my self some money and go right towards an advanced shoe if I were you.
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:38 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

I agree with Haily -

Atomics look the most like skateboard shoes. But if you like to Heely, you'll need to grind soon enough.

I'd go with TORCH .. I love my Evos, but Torch comes with mega-wheels Mr. Green

Haily - post some vid of you grinding on youtube!
Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:14 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

Yeah, I know I need to. It's kind of hard however when the closest skatepark allowing heelys to me is over an hour away!! Confused I'm going to try and make a video over break however I've been holding it off for some time now. I hope encouragement from the best heeler ever will encourage me more! I'm getting some mega wheels for christmas which I plan to be my more indoor wheels. I find it quite hard to keep maintenence with my big dueces but know I need to for the betterment of clean bearings, and don't think I'd want to clean my mega's too (or atleast not that often!).I'll try and post up a video pretty soon, THANKS!
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:03 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

LOL - I doubt I'm the best. I think I could be a lot better. DFCooper is hands down the most fluid technical Heeler. I just like vert and grinding around. Mix it up, have fun.

You love to grind - and that's a great passion. After my first year, I did all the normal stuff 180, 360, Psycho, Footy, Pipeline. And I was just about ready to stop. But then the Grails came out and I was hooked long term.

I'm glad because then lots of other street tricks came out. Still - put out some vids!!

PS - you don't have to go to a skate park. I did my flip-rail vid on my driveway. Whateva, y'know?

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:12 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

I would, I'm going to a skatepark over break where I plan to film most of video, I probably film a potion of it at my local park. However considering it will be watched by people like you, It might take a while for perfect editing, and you know all of that stuff! There aren't many good skateparks here. Last time I visited the one I'm going to, well . . . I didn't get very far unless you include sliding Confused . It's kind of hard to get up halfpipes at the angle they are at this park. Hopefully when I go the skaters won't have as much of an attitude also! I hope to get my video out before the new year.
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:46 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Here's my advice - spend a little time on your bread and butter - GRIND. People just like to see others grind. It will give you some creditbility.

Don't worry about people watching your video - it'll be great! LMK if you need any advice.

Good luck!
MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes