Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Free spinz
Hidude28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:42 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys

i have a couple Qs about FRee spinz

How long have they been out (or if they aren't how long has Dave had them)?

Why make them we have BD?

How are they different from BD?

Do you like pie?

I LIKE EMOTES

Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:47 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

they've been out since late summer (not to public)
BD are no longer made
they are harder than BD
BD the sides are connected
free spin each wheel spins independantly
so its easier to do stuff
and no, i dont like pie

drummer: I'M HORNY
XxHeelyZxX: lol dont feel bad its normal xD
seth1230™: I AM HORNY TOO GUYS!
Hailey H.: are you acting gay?
AJ roth: NO!
Hailey H.: .. oh .. so your not acting?
GH: a plato is a larger peice of flat land that is elevated above the rest of the land
HeelysBabe: haha. It does have vert. My jeans make my butt look weird.
H33LYcRaZeD: I feel so lubed
HeelysBabe: Im selling my body
shifter1254: i read *incest whistle*
Big Mac: testy
JDH: i hate this rash! so itchy!
Slicer: use a condom next time
JDH: y?
Hidude28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:50 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys

Heely Hailey wrote:
they've been out since late summer (not to public)
BD are no longer made
they are harder than BD
BD the sides are connected
free spin each wheel spins independantly
so its easier to do stuff
and no, i dont like pie

cool and HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE PIE Crying or Very sad

i may get me some
Kain
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

BD's suck b/c they're slow, Freespins rock b/c they're fast Very Happy

And yes, I like piiiiiiiiiiiiie Very Happy

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

chicken4eve
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:50 am  Reply with quote

i dont like pie unless it's steak and onion pie cuz thats mmmmmmm

I'm on Heelys International and we will kick ur ass!! I haz 200 ghetto points

[Sun 16:50] XxHeelyZxX: g2g church then mall
[Sun 16:55] Slicer: I think that sums up Middle America right there
Drummertist
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone got a pic of these Mega-Freespinz wheels or do they look like normal megas?

Thanks,
Drummertist

chicken4eve
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

Drummertist wrote:
Anyone got a pic of these Mega-Freespinz wheels or do they look like normal megas?

Thanks,
Drummertist

look for a topic called florida pics and merlyn is wearing them

GH
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:26 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - New England

i hate pieee :/

seth:i wrapped my neieces heelys in a fruitcake box
GH: boo
XxHeelyZxX:boo-er
drummer: the j stands for janice
AJ: dude
AJ: you said you wouldnt tell
AJ: well you humiliated me enough you can say my first name too
drummer: andres
drummer: his dad is mexican
drummer: i know ur real name
AJ: no you dont
Dark: andrew jackson?
GH: alice?
AJ: yes its alice...
Slicer: alice is my name to people who are poor at typing.
seth1230™: and i´ll be all like but i can go alone now cause im 15 and hailey can pick me up and give me a piggy back ride to the park
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

Actually, my BDs are faster then my megas... It has something to do with friction, I know that... Free spin varies though because BDs spin at the same rate, when free spin spin at two different rates.

If you think of it as a limited slip differential on a car:

When a car is in neutral and the wheels are off the ground, you spin one wheel with the power, and the other wheel, when not locked down on the ground, will rotate the other way around.

It helps, because if both wheels are spinning at the same rate, one wheel is causing drag OR the wheel on the outside of the turn is going to slip.

With a limited slip, when you turn, the inside wheel is doing the pulling, and the outside wheel relaxing in a "neutral" position, making for the turn to be done at a faster pace, without risking the prevention of your tires losing grip, causing a slide out.

From my understanding of vehicles and physics, I feel that the free spins are designed the same way.

When you turn in Megas, you have one wheel that has to be kept on the ground at ALL times, because the wheel does not move itself. With a free spin, that one wheel becomes two wheels, and turns can be taken at a sharper turn, because it eliminates the need to have FULL wheel, but instead, one HALF wheel.

We are also looking at the face with having individual control over two sections of wheel, you can also, but the chances are slight, to have the ability to remain in control at faster speeds.

With four halves of a wheel powering the skater instead of two, you reduce the friction on the individual wheel, either from weight of the skate down to the surface you are riding on. One wheel per skate must distribute the force equally, and though it helps with balance and grip, a thinner tire can help you gain more speed, which is why on distance bikes, they have thin tires, and on hot rod cars, they have the Fire Hawks, because the thicker tread keeps them on the ground.

That's a reason also I believe (eliminating the bearings as a variable) the Big Deuces had mild success, and, in my own opinion, surpass the Mega wheel. Less surface friction means more speed, but less control. Though the spaced out wheel provided better stability then most wheels out during its reign, the Big Deuce fell short when the skater brought the wheel onto slick concrete, and with the, again, less surface area meaning less friction, caused the skater to loose balance. The Mega wheel came over and decided that more surface area means more control due to more friction, which, though it kept the skater in place, allowed for a skater to overcome specific obstacles that would be considered mildly stupid to try with the Big Deuce wheel.

Another reason, again from my own personal observation, the Big Deuce wheel is a difficult wheel to turn on. When you make a turn, though you may not realize this, you wheel is in full contact with the ground, but you have a weight difference from the outside of the wheel and the inside of the wheel. Which ever side you turn on (right putting more weight on the right side), the wheel pressure on the wheel is distributed through out the contact of the ground. With Big Deuces, you are attempting to disperse the full turn weight on a wheel that is not more then three quarters of an inch thick, causing a greater chance of messing up in the turn, or suffering the loss of a sharp turn. With the mega wheel, you have more of a chance to slide the turn sharper, because that pressure is distributed along more surface area, and again, causing deceleration of the turn, but causing for better results with safer and sharper performance.

I'm sure Dave took this all into consideration when he made the wheel, hence its overall success with underground culture of HeelyChat. With the Big Deuces having less surface area, causing for a faster ride, he created two free spinning wheels per set, making the surface area smaller, mimicking the Bid Deuces. He also took into consideration the lack of turning ability the Big Deuces caused, and the lack of speed Mega wheels caused, justifying his actions on slicing the wheel in half.

Looking at a performance rating on the wheel, its domineering on turns, as well as aggressive towards speed, causing this wheel to be the best wheel that can be created for a pair of Heelys at this time, and due to the fact that is has yet to be released to the public (because the umbilical cord has yet to be cut), us skaters without the necessary means of creating a free spin will just have to settle between the advantages and disadvantages of your Mega and your Bid Deuce wheel.

On a side note, I'm not a pie person. I'm more of a cake guy myself. Heck, its the reason I'm getting married. Hour long ceremony, human size cake at the end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kain
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:25 pm  Reply with quote

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
Actually, my BDs are faster then my megas... It has something to do with friction, I know that... Free spin varies though because BDs spin at the same rate, when free spin spin at two different rates.

If you think of it as a limited slip differential on a car:

When a car is in neutral and the wheels are off the ground, you spin one wheel with the power, and the other wheel, when not locked down on the ground, will rotate the other way around.

It helps, because if both wheels are spinning at the same rate, one wheel is causing drag OR the wheel on the outside of the turn is going to slip.

With a limited slip, when you turn, the inside wheel is doing the pulling, and the outside wheel relaxing in a "neutral" position, making for the turn to be done at a faster pace, without risking the prevention of your tires losing grip, causing a slide out.

From my understanding of vehicles and physics, I feel that the free spins are designed the same way.

When you turn in Megas, you have one wheel that has to be kept on the ground at ALL times, because the wheel does not move itself. With a free spin, that one wheel becomes two wheels, and turns can be taken at a sharper turn, because it eliminates the need to have FULL wheel, but instead, one HALF wheel.

We are also looking at the face with having individual control over two sections of wheel, you can also, but the chances are slight, to have the ability to remain in control at faster speeds.

With four halves of a wheel powering the skater instead of two, you reduce the friction on the individual wheel, either from weight of the skate down to the surface you are riding on. One wheel per skate must distribute the force equally, and though it helps with balance and grip, a thinner tire can help you gain more speed, which is why on distance bikes, they have thin tires, and on hot rod cars, they have the Fire Hawks, because the thicker tread keeps them on the ground.

That's a reason also I believe (eliminating the bearings as a variable) the Big Deuces had mild success, and, in my own opinion, surpass the Mega wheel. Less surface friction means more speed, but less control. Though the spaced out wheel provided better stability then most wheels out during its reign, the Big Deuce fell short when the skater brought the wheel onto slick concrete, and with the, again, less surface area meaning less friction, caused the skater to loose balance. The Mega wheel came over and decided that more surface area means more control due to more friction, which, though it kept the skater in place, allowed for a skater to overcome specific obstacles that would be considered mildly stupid to try with the Big Deuce wheel.

Another reason, again from my own personal observation, the Big Deuce wheel is a difficult wheel to turn on. When you make a turn, though you may not realize this, you wheel is in full contact with the ground, but you have a weight difference from the outside of the wheel and the inside of the wheel. Which ever side you turn on (right putting more weight on the right side), the wheel pressure on the wheel is distributed through out the contact of the ground. With Big Deuces, you are attempting to disperse the full turn weight on a wheel that is not more then three quarters of an inch thick, causing a greater chance of messing up in the turn, or suffering the loss of a sharp turn. With the mega wheel, you have more of a chance to slide the turn sharper, because that pressure is distributed along more surface area, and again, causing deceleration of the turn, but causing for better results with safer and sharper performance.

I'm sure Dave took this all into consideration when he made the wheel, hence its overall success with underground culture of HeelyChat. With the Big Deuces having less surface area, causing for a faster ride, he created two free spinning wheels per set, making the surface area smaller, mimicking the Bid Deuces. He also took into consideration the lack of turning ability the Big Deuces caused, and the lack of speed Mega wheels caused, justifying his actions on slicing the wheel in half.

Looking at a performance rating on the wheel, its domineering on turns, as well as aggressive towards speed, causing this wheel to be the best wheel that can be created for a pair of Heelys at this time, and due to the fact that is has yet to be released to the public (because the umbilical cord has yet to be cut), us skaters without the necessary means of creating a free spin will just have to settle between the advantages and disadvantages of your Mega and your Bid Deuce wheel.

On a side note, I'm not a pie person. I'm more of a cake guy myself. Heck, its the reason I'm getting married. Hour long ceremony, human size cake at the end.

lol

btw......if you think BD's are faster than megas.....
you haven't had your megas very long O_o

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

Slicer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:26 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Quote:

Why do you assume that both halves don't keep contact with the ground the whole time?

Granted, one half will be spinning slightly faster than the other half, and if you turn directly where they meet they might be spinning in opposite directions, but you're assuming that the average skater will lean in far enough so that only one half touches the ground at a time.

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:53 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

I like peach pie, that's my favorite.

I like cherry pie.

I don't like apple pie. Not usually. But sometimes I'll still get it from McDonalds.

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
sara48
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:56 pm  Reply with quote

merlyn_DHC wrote:

I like cherry pie.

I don't like apple pie. Not usually. But sometimes I'll still get it from McDonalds.

MDHZ

They have apple pie in mcdonalds over there?! lucky! I wanna try Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chicken4eve
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:06 pm  Reply with quote

sara48 wrote:
merlyn_DHC wrote:

I like cherry pie.

MDHZ

they have apple pie over here aswell is it just your mcdonalds

sara48
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:20 pm  Reply with quote

chicken4eve wrote:
sara48 wrote:
merlyn_DHC wrote:

I like cherry pie.

MDHZ

they have apple pie over here aswell is it just your mcdonalds

they do?! wooaahhh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger