Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Conceited
seth1230
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:15 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Is it me or are alot of people with heelys conceited? for example go on Youtube and look up heelys then go to some of chau's videos (his SN is Merlyn DHZ or something) everyone comments saying they're either better or saying that chau sucks even though chau is the vert king on team heelys. >.<

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
Slicer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:33 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

A lot of people, period, are conceited. You can find the same thing among skateboarders, inliners, DDR players, and practically anyone else.

"Oh yeah, I can do that no problem, he's nothing next to me, anyone can do that..." Put up or shut up.

Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:41 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

And now he's here on Heelychat. What happened Merlyn, did he call your name and you heard him scream? Razz

seth1230
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:41 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

HAHAHA i wish i really wanna go to a team heelys demo but theres none near my town so only thing left is my next trip to new york cuz team northeast has demos like crazy

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:55 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

LOL - That's funny. Look - I don't care if people think I suck. If they have better moves, then let them show it. If they're better, great. Otherwise, its meaningless. Just talk.

People get all over each other for no reason. Skateboarders hate inliners. Mets fans hate the Yankees. Iran hates Iraq. What's the big deal? Don't people even TRY to get along anymore?

The way I see it, if some hasn't hurt you, there's no reason to hate them. If you can go through life not hating anything, then you've lived a good life. Just IMO.

Anyways, thanks for the props!
MDHZ
Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:47 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

What are you talking about "anymore", Merlyn? I don't think this stuff has stopped since the dawn of time.

I do think a little bit of perspective is in order.

Guys. Seriously. If your main concern is Heelys vs. Skateboards, This Team vs. That Team, My Skill vs. That Guy's Skill, or any other such variant of harmless Red vs. Blue, sit back, take a deep breath, smile, and count your blessings that you can afford to worry about something like that. You're not dealing directly with [Wait, I better not mention that on this board], [I'm not going to talk about that one, either], or any of the other examples of serious human evil out there.

With that in mind, does it really matter that much when professionals like Merlyn are quite a bit better than you? I mean they don't pay him for sucking. And all the kids in the videos, too, have a high combination of talent and practice. Personally, I still have some trouble doing wheels-only 180's and can't one-foot for more than two seconds.

And in a few years some kid is going to show up, having worn them since the age of 6, and completely annihilate Merlyn, DFCooper, and everyone else with stuff like halfpipe air 720's. And then someone might come out to eat his lunch. That's just how it goes.

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:31 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

That's right!!

And I'd be there applauding him (or her). One of the difficulties pinoeering a sport is that there's no one to tell you what's possible.

Take for instance skateboarding. A flip-kick ollie back in the early 80's would have landed you on the cover of every magazine. Or a blunt-to-fakie. But now, every kid on every corner can do that.

That's because, they have people who pioneered it and whom that can emulate.

Back in the day, people were saying that you can never drop in vert in Heelys. So .. like a duffus, I tried it. I fell, but I realized that I could have landed it. So I tried again. By the third time, I was doing it.

So .. everytime people say "you can't do that in Heelys", I just try it anyways. There are a LOT of things coming out that will make your eye's bulge.

My hope is that later in life, I'll watch a ton of kids nailing all the tricks that I found really hard with complete ease.

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes