Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  What stupid winter tricks do you all wanna see?
Skuggi
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:36 am  Reply with quote

Yo what's up all, i'm back on the streets again, finally getting some time outside, now that college, and works easing off, down to 1 job now, as i'm finally finished with the contract work I was doing.

Heres the video of what started it all in my area, me my buddy and some home made wine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAFeW4-DTs

Dont have any other video from last season, but got a new cam so this year there should be plenty. We've managed some fairly funny stuff, but this year we're going out with the camera every night as soon as the snow hits.

Disclaimer:
I've been doing aggressive skating for a very long time now, and know how to maintenance all my equipment. If you do not know how to at least completely remove all the balls from your bearings in order to clean them. If you do not know what Dupont White Lithium Greses is, and If Carb and Choke cleaner irritates your skin. OR you do not want to keep buying new bearings throughout winter. DO NOT TRY HEELING IN THE SNOW.

Also you will not see me wearing a helmet, I did Mixed Martial Arts for 4 years full contact. I have done aggressive skating for a very long time. I know how to fall to the point that if I were to take a fall that would hit me in the helmet, the helmet would probably fail. If you are going to try anything that is posted up for me to do, you probly shouldnt.

Ok now that I feel better for myself incase any crazy kids decide to try anything fire away at some ideas. Except garage racing, thats just old skool now even in the snow.

ThemRollers baby! <-- yup we're back on the block.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Slicer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:16 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Quote:
If you do not know how to at least completely remove all the balls from your bearings in order to clean them.

Wow, I've never had to go that far. I figure at that point I'll probably either lose one of those little things or completely dent the cover beyond recognition.

Interesting to have a serious MMAist on these boards. Hmm.. naaah, I'll leave the questions about Mega wheels and human femurs to the kids.

Do a rail grind on an ice-covered rail.

Skuggi
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:38 pm  Reply with quote

I've been wanting to do something like that for awhile, with my skates I can, my mooks can still lock around the bar. One idea i've had is to put extra water on the bar and have like huge icicles hanging from the bar when I do it just breaking off as I go down.

Problem is, I havent found a good enough bar that doesnt look like certain death if I try it. There is one rail i can think of it's on a hill near my house. The biggest part would be the landing unless we park a truck there or something and i ride it all the way off into the bed You cant really jump off an ice rail haha. But with some extra lighting I do think that would be an awesome scene, just seeing the ice being shreded as I ride down.

ThemRollers baby! <-- yup we're back on the block.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:48 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Skuggi, you still hanging around here? You didn't get yourself killed trying that one, did you?

I did some massive shoveling out of the skate park today. Heelying just doesn't work when it's more than an inch deep. (And doesn't really work with less, either, at least not with my Big Deuces. Stupid friction.)

cdawg
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:39 am  Reply with quote

ok skuggl, i cant figure it out, in you avatar are u on heelys or skates?