Heelychat Forum Index
<  Tips Tricks & Techniques  ~  Heeling Tricks & Their Descriptions
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:42 pm  Reply with quote

Here's a list of tricks and tiehr descriptions:

The following is the current list of Heeling tricks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STALLS (Any trick that involves heeling up to an object, jumping onto it, and balancing there)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Stall - When you place your right grind plate (or the middle of your shoe) on an object and then cross your left foot over your right and place its toe on the object well (or vice-versa)

Pretzel Stall - Place your left grind plate on an object and place your right grind plate on the object only turn it 180 (or vice-versa). Your feet should be turned opposite to each other

Disaster Stall - When you place both of your grind plates (or the middle of your shoe) on an object and balance there

Criss-Cross Stall - Like a Joe Stall only your left grind plate is on the object, instead of your toe

One Footed Stall - When you balance on an object with the toe of only one foot

Safety Stall - Just like a One-footed Stall only you grab your free foot with the hand on the same side as the free leg

Wheel Grab Stall - Like the safety grab stall only grab your wheel instead of your whole foot

Heel Transfer - When you ride up to an object and transfer from your wheels to the object (your feet may not touch the ground) and then either stall on the object or jump off as soon as you touch the object
(Hint: Lift your legs up right before you begin the transfer. If this doesn't work, try to lean back a little when you are getting ready to transfer. This will help, but it is dangerous; if you fall back, you could hit you head)

(Note for Stalls: You may jump onto the object, or transfer directly from your wheels unless otherwise stated)

JUMPS

Nollie - When you are riding, put your front foot down and jump off of it. Then, do a trick or spin in midair. Ollie - Like a Nollie, only you jump with your back foot
GAPS

Joe Gap - Find a parking lot and look for two curbs that are jumping distance apart with grass in between them, or any other suitable place. You do a Joe Stall (see the stalls section) on the first curb, jump over the grass, and stall on the other curb

Sally Gap - First, find a driveway with a water drain next to it. (Water drains are those four sided concrete pieces that look like a triangle with the top cut off and have a manhole in the center of them). It needs to be within jumping distance of the driveway. Then heel up to the side of the driveway that has the water drain next to it and jump onto the water drain from there. Then heel across the water drain to the curb on the far side of it and then jump into the street

Manhole Gap - First, find a manhole (sewer hole) in the street. Heel down the street and Nollie over it, possibly doing a trick in the air

FLATLAND

Double Manual/Double Uni - Like a Manual/Uni, only your feet are side by side. Power Slide - When you are riding, put you back feet down, raise the wheel off the ground, and turn them sideways. You can perfect this trick by turning your back foot at different angles. These adjustments may cause you to spin, depending on the angle of your back foot.
(Note: This trick will wear down the sole of your shoes. Use it only as a braking technique, or use it sparingly as a trick)
AIR TRICKS

Airwalk - While in the air, move your legs in a walking motion
(Hint: It looks a lot better if you really emphasize your steps; take slow long steps instead of short, rapid steps. This takes a lot more time so you would need monster air to make it look good)

Indy - While in the air, grab your right foot with your right hand and put your left arm straight up in the air (or vice-versa)

Wheel Grab - Like the safety grab only you grab your wheel instead of your whole foot

OTHER TRICKS

180 - Going backwards is called "180". You start off going forwards, then do half a rotation, and end up heeling backwards. If your left foot is in front and you are in motion, you will start to turn to your left but will spin and end up backwards. As you are turning, your right foot will slide to the front and now your left foot is in back. To face the front once again, turn to your left and now your left foot should be back in front, just as you started

As you've done a 180 and completed your rotation, now you may keep spinning and will end up spinning to one of the numbers shown below:

360 - One full rotation/spin around. While Heeling forwards, spin around in one full rotation, and end up back in the same forwards position, just like you started. 540 - A full spin and a half around. 720 - Two full spins around. 900 - Two and a half spins around. 1080 - Three full spins around. 1260 - Three and a half spins around. 1440 - Four full spins around. 360 Psycho - Super fast, consistent rotations/spins
GRABS AND LANDING TERMS (refers to being in mid-air while spinning)

Blood Stain - Like the Pipeline, but with your toes pointed INWARD. Go from spinning into a 360 and as you are finishing on the final 90 degrees of the spin, turn your lead and trailing legs pigeon-toed in and spin again with both toes pointed TOWARD each other. Hard to explain and even harder to pull off. That is why it is called the "blood stain - coz you'll probably get a lot of them in attempting this one!". Only for the truly insane. Be careful!

Disaster - Jump high and clear an obstacle to get to your landing/rail/ledge (could also do a grab in mid-air before completing your trick)

Fakie - Landing backwards at the very end of your trick

Judo Air - Reach around behind you with one hand and grab the skate of the opposite side. The ungrabbed leg is straight

Liu Kang - From mid air, tuck your left leg and grab your skate, and kick your right leg out in front of you

Manual - Balancing on one wheel of one foot while Heeling (balance is truly the key here). Also called a "Uni"
(Note: If you use the brake on the back of the shoe while doing your "Manual", it will wear it down quickly)

Method Air - When catching air, you reach down with your hand and grab the skate on the same side

Mute Air - Reach down with the right hand across the front of your legs and grab your left skate (or vice-versa)

Pipeline - The toe of each foot is pointed in the opposite direction, with knees slightly bent. Hold this position while Heeling in a straight line without turning

Safety Grab - While Heeling, grab left foot with left hand (or grab right foot with right hand)

Shuffle - While Heeling forwards, switch lead feet back and forth (this also helps keep your momentum going forwards)

Unnatural - Also called "Switch", a term used to describe when you are doing a trick opposite of the way you normally go

terrain190
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:45 am  Reply with quote

you forgot the pro hops in the jumps section.

ogel916
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

no, pro hops is a word i got from a friend. i call it a pro hop, because that type of jumping looks a lot like one. its real though. and those jumps chuckboucher described are the ones using ur feet, which now mostly no one does.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

He didn't forget it because he didn't type it. He got it from another website. I've used this trick list before.

seth1230™: we be on our hoes all day.
seth1230™: i mean shoes.
DeezUU: I keep my shoes in check on the daily
DeezUU: gotta keep your gimphand strong!!

seth1230™: im on a boat and
HannahHeelz: it's going fast and
heelingforlyfe™: i've got a nautical themed, pashmina afghan

SEBASS IZ MAH BESFRANNNN.
seth1230
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:36 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Ive seen it too what website did you see it on? was it on that one with the flight of the dragon pics?

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:43 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

Yeah! That was WICKED. If only I could do that. I'm scared I'd fall on my head...

Slicer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:45 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I notice wallplants aren't on this list.

heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:53 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

Most of those are beginners tricks from a list written a long time ago.

seth1230
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:33 am  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

yeah these tricks are so old its when everyone thought pipeline and crabwalk was the same thing

crabwalk= knees bent
pipeline=knees straight

oh and MAJOR thread bump lol

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ