Heelychat Forum Index
<  Southeast US  ~  a good place to heel
seth1230
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:14 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

a good place to heel in miami florida is dolphin mall alot of people go there just to heel cuz the floor is super smooth no bumps or anything.

Last edited by seth1230 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
heelybob
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:42 pm  Reply with quote

Hi, Seth, thanks for the tip..will check it out since I live in So. Fla. Please read my recent post (GENERAL)...any comments are welcome.
heelybob
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, this mall is awesome! Every so often there are long corridors leading to restrooms running 1/2 length of the mall. Smooth and straight, as is the rst of the mall, there are generally few if any people walking there. I took two kids with me and we were stopped frequently by curious but friendly people wanting to know where we got our Heely shirts and shoes from. Many others had never seen them before. Near the food court next to the kiddie rides was a corridor used by kids putting on a "heely show." We had plenty of company. Even though I live near the Sawgrass Mall I will be shopping at the Dolphin Mall, a heeler's delight! Thanks for tip, Seth. By the way, my local skating rink allows heelys on the track, free of charge.
Seth
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:19 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah i know i have 10 other cousins within the ages of 4-17 we all have heelys and when one of us goes to the mall they ask their parents if we all can go when we can all go we have a blast and yeah i know the food court is like the best place BUT there is one security guard who hasnt been filled in that their allowed in the mall i always happen to run into him everyone else is like "yeah they're sold here so whatever" By the way where did you get your shirts we've been looking for them EVERYWHERE!
heelybob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:39 pm  Reply with quote

Hi again...Regarding the SHIRTS I bought the last ("official") one in stock at Inline Warehouse. When I found out there would be no more, I had my own made up..really cool looking...Heelys color logo in upper left corner and red lettering on the back which reads FREEDOM IS A WHEEL IN YOUR SOLE. Three in white, three in black, and they look awesome. They cost a lot of $$$ but worth it. You can have T shirts made up online at several websites. I have not met that security guard yet and because there are so many kids on Heelys there I think he's outnumbered. We HAVE been asked stop skating 3 times now at Sawgrass Mall. Also, in WESTON there is a free park with 6 hockey rinks, perfect for skating and Heelys, and one SKATEBOARD arena with ramps, etc. where you see skateboarders, inline skates and Heelys all the time 10 minutes from where I live!
Hsnofu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:53 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Heelybob where is the skating rink I would love to go with my son. We just got our heelys today.

I live in Miami so once I learn it would be great to meet up with some people.
Ive only had 15 minutes of practice so I can only glide on down slopes I haven't been able to push off yet. the 6 years old at the mall make it look like cake. Probably since there so close to the ground they don't fall far. I already had to bandage my knee lol.

Gonna have to go find a Shopping cart near walmart and practice for 30 minutes. So happy theres a community and a forums already makes it that much better to have heelys. see yall later.

seth1230
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Hsnofu wrote:
Hey Heelybob where is the skating rink I would love to go with my son. We just got our heelys today.

I live in Miami so once I learn it would be great to meet up with some people.
Ive only had 15 minutes of practice so I can only glide on down slopes I haven't been able to push off yet. the 6 years old at the mall make it look like cake. Probably since there so close to the ground they don't fall far. I already had to bandage my knee lol.

Gonna have to go find a Shopping cart near walmart and practice for 30 minutes. So happy theres a community and a forums already makes it that much better to have heelys. see yall later.

hey its cool that you heel with your son im trying to get my dad to start up again (he stopped) hopefully he'll get in the mood. What part of miami do you live in? Im in south near Doral. The malls and wlamart are the best place to skate especially with shopping carts to hold onto.

cya on the flip side

Talon
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

Agreed Walmart rocks for heeling. I got to the one on NW 57th ave and Miami Gardens drive.
But theres a Bad ass Walmart, with brown slick floors Next to Dolphin stadium in miramar NW 27th ave and about 199st. I mean this floor has the cracks filled in and everything and its the same throught out the whole store.

Also Costco and BJ's should be a good place. Floor wise.

Heelybob Let me know the Skate rink your talking about I wanna go to heely at a rink.

and seth this is hsnofu you can erase that account if you want this is my account now.

seth1230
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:15 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Talon wrote:
Agreed Walmart rocks for heeling. I got to the one on NW 57th ave and Miami Gardens drive.
But theres a Bad ass Walmart, with brown slick floors Next to Dolphin stadium in miramar NW 27th ave and about 199st. I mean this floor has the cracks filled in and everything and its the same throught out the whole store.

Also Costco and BJ's should be a good place. Floor wise.

Heelybob Let me know the Skate rink your talking about I wanna go to heely at a rink.

and seth this is hsnofu you can erase that account if you want this is my account now.

sorry im only a mod not a admin i would have deleted ALOT of people who i dont like a LONG time ago.

like the wise slicer said "it isnt power unless you can abuse it"

anyways yeah i went to that walmart i was visiting my aunt in miramar (and my cousin) and i was helping my cousin to learn to heel and i learned how to go backwards there i agree it is awesome.

heelybob
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

Hi, sorry took so long to reply , I have been busy, but business has sure PICKED UP on this site since I last was here! Awesome! Anyway, the skating rink is KABOOMS on State Rd. 84 in Davie, Florida...they have a website. What's really cool is the park out in Weston near where I live with 6 hockey rinks (suitable for skates or heelys) and one arena with skateboard ramps. Also, it's nice to heely all around the park with its' gentle sloping hills. Let me know if you check it out. How are you doing on your heelys?
seth1230
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:09 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

heelybob wrote:
Hi, sorry took so long to reply , I have been busy, but business has sure PICKED UP on this site since I last was here! Awesome! Anyway, the skating rink is KABOOMS on State Rd. 84 in Davie, Florida...they have a website. What's really cool is the park out in Weston near where I live with 6 hockey rinks (suitable for skates or heelys) and one arena with skateboard ramps. Also, it's nice to heely all around the park with its' gentle sloping hills. Let me know if you check it out. How are you doing on your heelys?

well i got sponsored and got ALOT better and i didnt know there were skate ramps (at least ramps) in weston. Ive been going to the grove in coconut grove Very Happy