Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Never too old
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

My 8 year old son received his first pair of Heelys at Christmas of 2005. He liked that some of his skating teamates had so much fun on theirs. His are Revolution 9078's.

Well, after seeing how quickly he took to them and what he could do on them, his 40 year old dad decided to get some of his own..

So, I got a pair of Octane 9102's. And, I got the big deuce wheel on them now. Talk about awesome. I love the looks people give us when my son & I heel through a mall. We even got compliments from some guys who worked at a local Journey's shoe store.

So, you're never too old!!
Razz
tattoli
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:27 pm  Reply with quote
Banned

haha that is pretty cool I wish my dad heeled hhaaha he would prolly bust his ass Laughing
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:27 am  Reply with quote

I'm pretty coordinated, having been on skates since age 8. I currently inline speed skate on indoor tracks and outdoor marathons. I also Jam Skate on quads, so being up on my heels is pretty much second nature.

I also like to buck the system, meaning I like when other adults my age and even younger shake their heads at me saying something like, "look at that fool" to themselves.

I also skateboard sometimes. I'm not really good at it, I can only olly about 3" off the ground.

Last edited by chuckboucher on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
mx54
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:29 am  Reply with quote
Pwned

haha wow i cant skateboard Embarassed thats pretty sick man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

I've seen entire families wearing Heelys together. They looked like a family of ducks all in a row, Dad, Mom, and their 3 kids all Heeling along together. It was pretty cool
seth1230
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:15 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Quote:
2006-03-19 12:40:03 Heelys Slide (Youth/Adult)
Reviewer: Seth from Miami, Florida
Overall:*****
Comfort:*****
Look:*****
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Heeling family - I have twins (faternal boy and girl) and I got them the Heely Rebels in two different colors after seeing them my oldest son and I decided to get some in the slide models then my wife decided to get some (also slide) in the mall all of us use our Heelys and they stop us to ask where we got them they are fairly easy to use we will use Zappos for future Heelys

Other shoes recommended by reviewer: Heelys

Did you happen to see my family? cuz my dad wrote this on zappos and what you described kinda reminded me who knows you might have seen me....... Surprised

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
ONE12
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

yea that must be kool having a dad that kan sk8/heel... LOL i just got some knock offs at my local mall Very Happy
Stone is wu wu
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:22 pm  Reply with quote

What were these knockoffs of Heelys called? And which store was selling them?
Rocky
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Hey ummm, is any body english here? Hi im Megan, nd i got my heelys when i went to orlando, ( yes, yes i know! Disney nd all tht) and i found them brill goin round all the parks, e.g Epcot. Any way, i was in a shoppin centre n i saw triplets all on em! It was a sight, cos dey all had simalar heelys, same clothes nd looked like eachuva! Lol
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:32 pm  Reply with quote

in my local mall these similar to the mack wheels are being ditributed they attach to the heels of any shoe they look like imitation heelys once worn theyre called 'Flashing rollers' so yeah ppl have started getting those just saying..............
Slicer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Whole family realizes the potential of this.. Seth and his dad rank among the luckiest men alive. I've got to find a girlfriend capable of doing this.

As for the age thing, yeah, people don't expect it from adults. Nobody ever messes with me (I'm 24 years old with striking looks), so I'm not worried about the reactions- although I loved it when I awed a 3 year old when I just started rolling. I'm not sure if he even knew I was using wheels to do it. Similarly, some people around here will probably think I'm using dark sorcery or something when they see me gliding (and if they ask how I do it, that's what I'll tell them).

I've never seen the Flashing Rollers but I can't imagine they can possibly be anywhere near as good as the real thing.
Ahrjay
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:21 am  Reply with quote

Yeah I splashed out and bought some of these Heely shoes for a bit of fun while I travel about, I was suprised to find that the US size 12 actually fitted me, as I have a size 13 US foot!
I'm 20, haven't taken em out so don't have anything to say about peoples reactions just yet...Haven't seen many in Australia so the reactions might be pretty cool.

The only size they had in 12 wear the radicals which are pretty cool and come with the better wheels and bearings.
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:49 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, but at 20, you're not old. I'm twice your age and have a pair.

BigbadcoopMC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:31 am  Reply with quote

Personaly i like my heelys to be a little tight, since there isnt a terrible amount of ankle support i like the skate to really grip my foot. theres nothing worse then comming out of a spin and havin your wheel slid out because your shoes were too loose.

Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:00 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I keep them snug. A couple of millimeters' worth of unwanted turn can make a big difference, especially if you're trying to carve a bowl or heel a tight curve.

I've gotten a lot of comments from skateboarders saying "You rock those tight", but they don't quite understand why..

Speaking of ankle support, mine almost always ache after a few hours.