Heelychat Forum Index
<  Picture & Video  ~  My Custom Duece Heely Wheels For Medium And Large Mega Bays
Deathbyillusion
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

So these are my custom Duece Heely Wheels. I would like to call them megaverts but the wheels may be a little bit softer then Megawheels and Duece wheels and they aren't quite as wide as a mega wheel but are as wide as a Duece wheel. This is all that I can work with unless I spent all this miony to have a mold made and had a harder well machined. But they shouldn't have the air bubble issues like the mega wheels. Testing and riding them now. These are also 45mm in size and I don't know the hardness. Like I mentioned above they are about as hard as a mega wheel or a Duece wheel.

These only fit medium and large mega bays. Not small megas bays or fats.

For at least medium bay they aren't as wide as a mega wheel just because for mega wheels the bearing sits inside a little bit on both sides. These are flush with the sides of the wheel. They I think are the same with as a medium Duece wheel as that's how it is for the large Duece wheel. I don't have a medium Duece wheel so I can't compare.

For the medium bay the wheels are touching together with 2 bearings for each wheel on the sides facing outwards and a spacer in the middle. You could glue them if you wanted but I don't think that's needed and they stick together pretty well anyways. Now you can use 4 bearings and then use some washers or if you can find a very thin spacer as the wheels on the inner side are concaved a little in the center versus the outside. But for this I used 2 bearings and the spacer in the center that came with medium mega wheels.

For the Large bay these will be wider. Once again not as wide as a large mega wheel but are as wide as a large Duece wheel. For the large bay you will need to use 4 bearings and some washers or a spacer inbetween. You could in theory put the wheels together and put spacers or washers on the outside side of the wheels but what were trying to accomplish here is wider wheels for the large bays.

Riding them they may be a little softer for the hardness then the mega wheels as they are a little bit slower. Better bearings would help but does it really matter if your not worrying about airbubbles and dehubbing your mega wheels?

I wish I had more people to test them.

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Gotta say, that looks awesome. Nice work!

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
AOD
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 am  Reply with quote

Looks great, are those luggage wheels? Curious how they held up.

.......||------w |
.......||.........||
...................O