Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  From Heelys to.....
DeezUU
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

Hey peeps. Lo broke out his Pro's today and I thought to myself... HEY! I should see what the old HeelyChat family is up to! And then I got to thinking... Hmmm> Wonder what these cats are in to these days?!

For us :

We all know Mrs. Nuts has gotten into roller derby. She started training with the DDGs and, well... she broke her fibula and tore all the ligaments in her right foot. This happened in Feb and she is finishing up phys therepy this week. She's cleared to skate on Friday so we're gonna party at the local derby facility. Sk8Court FTW!! Now we have to ease her back onto wheels so she can get training again.

Evan? he's become a video game addict. We have been trying and trying to get him on wheels, but so far he's just doing his own thing. It's all good, though... he's in great shape and gets plenty of sunlight. Haha. His main mode od transport is a Razor and he keeps up just fine.

Me? I've been on support duty for Logan (more on that in a min) and have been dabbling in the realm of Merby. Wife's derby shop decided to start a mens league and I have been nominated to skate in it. Might end up being the capt of the team as it seems I have to put it all together. But other than that... been on quads twice a week and inlines are on the way.

Logan?? He has been going fast and turning left. He's joined Synergy inline speed team and is slowly learning the art of inline speed. These cats go REALLY FAST! After he got use to the tight uniforms and got over the fear of falling at 20mph, he's been doing great and is finding his place. As with all my kid's ventures, I'm helping him out every step I can and will probably be doing a little ast. coaching this summer (training for it now). He'll be racing in a few upcoming meets so I'll try to snap some vid footage.

So it looks like we are continuing life with wheels on our feet. Life is good and we're still rolling!!

wondercheese
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:34 am  Reply with quote

I've been doing derby too! And also nursing torn ligaments in my right foot.... The coed derby teams are AWESOME. I really enjoyed watching them at the Western Showdown a couple months ago!

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
DeezUU
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm  Reply with quote

VERY nice, Cheese!! Hope those ligs heal nicely. Ma Lady gets to step back on skates for the 1st time since late mid Feb tomorrow night. We're going to a derby specific facility (RollerDerbyVB) so she can ease back onto wheels without fear of suicidal little 8 year olds and jam skaters. They have a nice little 'walker/roller' skate aid there that she can use to steady herself until her muscles get strong enough. They've also got a really nice skatecourt floor and they let us jam to whatever music we load onto the iPod! Great place, great peeps.

Last edited by DeezUU on Fri May 13, 2011 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

wondercheese
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:51 am  Reply with quote

That sounds like an awesome facility! I'm off skates for at least another month but more likely 2-3 months. I rolled my foot turning cartwheels two weeks ago and we still haven't figured out if it's a small break, tearing of ligs or a very very nasty sprain. I just had ANOTHER set of X-rays today, and may have to schedule an MRI if it's not significantly better in a few weeks. At least I should get a walking boot soon and then I won't tied to the crutches.
DeezUU
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:04 am  Reply with quote

Kory doin her thing (for the 1st time in 3 months) > just a roll around, no pad neccesary here!
She's on SureGrip Rebels with Invader DA45 plates and Fugitive pusher/gripper combo wheels w/China Bones and Gumball stops.

and Logan ripping the track on his Mogema boot/Cado Motus framed 3X90 Matter wheels w/China Bones and powerslide axles setup... (very fast/very light)

and no I can't keep up with him!

wondercheese
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:07 pm  Reply with quote

I love the blue rebels!!! Mine are R3's, couldn't afford better yet. I have suregrip optic wheels on my (although I still covet Atom Poison wheels). We skate on polished concrete, so sticky wheels are a must. Someday I'll get a set for wood floors too..... I have bones reds in my wheels, and I couldn't afford the gumball stops, so I just have the round stops off a pair of carerras, cause the stops on R3's are AWFUL.

Turns out I broke my foot, so I'll be in a boot for up to 3 months Sad

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
DeezUU
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:33 am  Reply with quote

Awww that sucks, Cheese! Hope you heal well and quickly. And I agree about the R3 stops. Lo's feets are growin and since he can't skate session in his Mogemas (rink rule, no inline speeds), we ditched his Volts and got him a 2nd hand set of R3s. Swapped out the wheels for some old school Snappers on China Reds and threw in some uber flashy neon orange laces and took them for a spin. He noticed the stops were kinda sucky so I'm putting in the Invader stops. (btw... those gumballs are the biz!!).

We have a few local girls and my favorite zebra wearing Poisons and they LOVE them. I think I might give them a try... next time I'm in the market!! (I say that cause I have about 6 sets of brand new Fugi's in different hardnesses ready to rock so it's gonna be a while). Being 200lbs+ makes wheel choice tricky. A soft wheel makes me feel like I'm skating in mud so I stick to mainly 95a and up. I tried a set of $$ Anabolix tires on custom hubs and they were SOOOOO nice > very fast and very grippy > but I don't have $200 to drop on wheels. I can run a nice mix of 95s and throw in 1 or 2 88a's for extra grip.

I'm getting Kory some Heartless wheels (not sure which ones) when she goes back to training next month. When she graduates, I'm probably gonna get her some Antix boots. Kind'va a little graduation gift.

Don't know if you've done any online research about different setups, but there is a great forum (almost as good as this one PRAISE SLICER!!) (haha... you da man, Slice) at skatelog.com but you have to ask permission to post there. There's a great derby forum in there. They have TONS of good information there. That's where I learned about short forward mounting and DA45s. They preach that over there so be prepared to so pro/anti debates on it. (and if you don't know what I'm talking about, search for DA45 short forward mount). I tried it and became a convert. No more 10degree plates for THIS guy!! Even have the wife on em. SO damn nimble. I mean... since your down for 3 months, it'll give you some good reading!! Haha.

BTW... sorry for the rambling. I have a broken molar and I'm on some pretty good drugs right now. Very Happy

So hey Cheese... after you heal up, if you ever find yourself out my way, hit me up! I'll intro you to the coolest peeps ever over at RDVB. They're becoming THE peeps to deal with to get derby specific goods. She's really in it for the right reasons and caters to derby specifically. Get well soon!!

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:01 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

I've been rock climbing and playing Vindictus .. maybe Evan will play that eventually (??)

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
Celestial
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:38 am  Reply with quote

merlyn_DHC wrote:
I've been rock climbing and playing Vindictus .. maybe Evan will play that eventually (??)

I played Vindictus for awhile, but I needed to change my account email and NEXON wouldn't let me so I quit. I think NEXON is like the only company that wont let you change emails on your account. They claim its for security reasons but I don't believe that, it's less secure not being able to change them. People invest hours and money into online games like that, and not being able to safeguard your account on a new email from time to time is dumb. Sad
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:36 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Celestial wrote:
I played Vindictus for awhile, but I needed to change my account email and NEXON wouldn't let me so I quit. I think NEXON is like the only company that wont let you change emails on your account. They claim its for security reasons but I don't believe that, it's less secure not being able to change them. People invest hours and money into online games like that, and not being able to safeguard your account on a new email from time to time is dumb. Sad

The reason they don't let people change accounts is because otherwise people would sell their characters. So say you get to lvl 40 and want to sell your character ( a lot of people would but it ). If you can't change the email address, then you can't sell it.

It's a sad world we live in. (Un)fortunately, I've gotten use to a lot of stupidity.

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
nevershoutchris
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:37 pm  Reply with quote

Casterboarding. Freeline Drift Skating.

DeezUU
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

Kory (aka Bizzy Ditch) is now on a derby rec league (RCRD), Lo is stepping up in ranks on Synergy Inline Speed, and Evan.... he's still quirky BUT now skates so hopefully he'll be on the team w/Lo soon. I'm not reffing for RCRD yet, but might start doing that soon. Anyway... just updated Kory's Rebels with some VENOM so thought I'd share.

get yer roll on.

im goin outside
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:34 pm  Reply with quote

eew, roller skates are still ugly haha
nevershoutchris
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:45 am  Reply with quote

im goin outside wrote:
eew, roller skates are still ugly haha

yeah the new heely styles look really "mainstream" now! perfect for stealth heeling

DeezUU
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm  Reply with quote

Inline speed team lost momentum... ditched the Mogema's in favor of something faster....

Logan is now riding a PK Ripper Team, (soon for Next Gen BMX) ... and of course, I'm on a 24" SE So-Cal (soon to be on a Floval).