Heelychat Forum Index
<  Everywhere Else  ~  Australian Heely?
pieee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

Are there any other lonely Aussies out there that Heely lol? Rolling Eyes

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:44 pm  Reply with quote

Hi Pieee, sorry I haven't caught you online yet, I love meeting new Heelers from far off lands. Smile

To answer your question about other Australian heelers: There must be, since there are a couple of stores that I know of that sell Heelys in "Aussieland": I made a post about if for you here (click me). Hope you find it useful. Smile

Also, I've heard of Heelers in New Zealand, which is (I guess) a little more remote than Australia even, and less populated, so if they got 'em, Australia is bound to have eh? Smile

BTW, if there were NOT any other Australian heelers, and I lived in Australia, that'd make me want to do it more. . .since I'd be unique and I like the suprise this creates in people when they see you doing something new, plus it would give me the chance to try to be the best in that particular country, but yeah, I bet there's more heelers there, and I'm not in Australia, I'm in England (UK) but good to meet you anyway. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
pieee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 pm  Reply with quote

Hey yeah there are like no heelers here that are my age (17) or anything remotely close to that, its all little children that do it around the shopping plaza's that are about 9 or below all the sports shops here sell heely's but they only go up to about size 6 US so you don't really see anyone my size heeling I had to order mine from the other side of the country Razz so yeah being the only one kinda does make me want to do it a lot more I'm actually trying to convince a few friends to get a pair they're slowly being suckered in but they can be tight sometimes Smile

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 am  Reply with quote

Same, I find it's easy enough to get older people to try them, but not to find ones who have enough time to practise. . . . If you practise enough, eventually it becomes as natural as walking (easier even given the right surfaces) and from then onwards it's not at all hard to wear them all the time, but most of the adults I've introduced to heeling give up after a few weeks. My oldest convert is 42, I'm 30 - others range from 8 to mid-twenties.

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
kbomb
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 am  Reply with quote

[quote="pieee"]Are there any other lonely Aussies out there that Heely lol? Rolling Eyes[/quote

yo mate, ur not the only one Smile) im not australian but i live in australia to do some stuff on me, im from the phillippines but yea, ur not teh only one Smile) im close to pro anyway whats so special about heelys evo and heelys 9117?
rrrobts
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:54 am  Reply with quote

theres a big group of us here in adelaide, aged from 18 to early 30s - i think it started with 1 guy keeping with heelying since he was like, 12 and then infecting everyone else.
heaps of kids around the malls on heelys too, i work in a shoe shop and we get people asking for heelys at least once a week (99% of the time its for their kids)
bad news is we only sell running shoes and stuff :/
but yeah, want people to heely with? come down to adelaide & go out clubbing with us XD
girlskatee
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 pm  Reply with quote

HI! I know this forum is pretty old now but I just started heel'n. I'm an Australian girl and I've definitely never seen any 16+ people heelying around. I'm 18, myself. I bought ones that look like hi-top converse. They look awesome! However, the hi-top part digs into your legs a bit - as a heads up :(. Soo, ANY OTHER AUSSIE HEELERS AROUND? :D
rrrobts
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:20 am  Reply with quote

heh yeah im still here Smile
where are you from, which city?
subversed
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 am  Reply with quote

hey there. not aus but new to the site as well (ish)

what size shoe do you wear? the forum has a commerce section and shoes are pretty reasonable- you might even get some megas

J
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:44 am  Reply with quote

Guess It't time I came out, it is getting lonely and my friends who I have converted never stuck and I find myself now days wearing *gasp* normal shoes after about 3 years of almost wearing exclusively Heelys.

I am based in Sydney's west

Pauls warehouse here had a sale where heelys were all going for $10 even.. which i missed and there were only size 11 and 12s
you would think that there would be alot more heelers after that but nope.

still only me shredding the streets and westfields.
Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:08 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Depending on what kind they are (especially Megas with grind plates), you could buy them out and make a tidy profit selling them here, even with shipping costs.

toptrim
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

whos got some size 11 heelys for me to buy