Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Where are all the teams from the USA?
totall_6_7
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

I have noticed on youtube that there are quite a few teams from other countries, but my question is where are all the teams that we saw last year who are from the USA Question Question
totall_6_7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 pm  Reply with quote

Well as the summer of 2010 comes to and end. The teams of the past seem to be limited to the past and we, who are learning, will be forced to learn from the teams of the past. Sad, so sad. Maybe next year Smile
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:10 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Unfortunately, many of us moved on for different reasons.

We all remain friends, but our passions have taken us else-wheres. Still, it was a very very good season - filled with fun, friends, travel and challenge.

That said, don't worry about us in the past. Make your OWN SEASON count! That's what's life's all about!

(wait .. that almost rhymed).
MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
totall_6_7
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:08 am  Reply with quote

Then for those of us who have not moved on, and still find Heelys an awesome sport, lets make new friends and new teams and create an on going Heelys future. Is this not the place to do it??
totall_6_7
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:10 am  Reply with quote

...while remaining friends with the ones who have moved on. Maybe their knowledge can help the new.
Ligroine.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:33 pm  Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I'm new here and I'm badly interested in involving a Heelys team or something like that, but there seems to be no team anymore, so I'm wondering how it could be possible to heel in the USA (I'm actually from Russia and I came here for a year) not just for fun but partisipating some teams, contests and stuff. I live near Pittsfield, MA and I'm really very interested in keep heeling here, cuz I've been heeling for 2,5 years back in Russia and I just wanna do it here and do it a lot. Do u guys have any ideas what maybe I should do for that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
totall_6_7
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:01 pm  Reply with quote

I do not know of any contests like you speak of I too would love to see more interest in teams and such. I suspect that the Heelys company has given up on teams. They were the catalysis that sparked all of the other teams throughout the USA and other countries. I could be and might be totally wrong in my opinion but we (i) have not heard anything from "Team Heelys" in a long time
http://www.concretedisciples.com/skateparksdb/skateparks.php
that is a list of skateparks you might be able to find one near you. Have someone take videos of you heeling and post them on youtube. Then post the links here. I am sure most of us would love to see (something i have yet to do)
I have personaly come to the opinion that Heeling has become a personal sport. You heel because its what you love to do. No matter how good you get there are allways more tricks to learn.