Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  Remember Me?
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:42 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Kids,

It's me, Maverick. Its been almost a year now since I've last been here, and seeing how this site used to be part of my daily rituals I figured I owe you guys a nice "Hello" and fill you in on what's been going on.

So my last visit I was Post Op for my leg. Apparently something went FUBAR and they had to go in again. Needless to say I am now surviving, and only such. But the good news is I have better range of motion and I can support more on my leg without having to worry about it just falling off. Bad news is I am now more than ever aware of the damn thing and living in Colorado means every other day it snows and each time it snows my leg decides its going to say "Hey, pay attention to me" in the most painful ways possible. I've been officially cut from all medications now, so I guess this is the beginning to the rest of my life. I am closer to being a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 Terminator so John Connor, watch out.

For life in general I am still working the same shit job. It pays the bills, and I could be unemployed so I am counting it with the blessings. I just wish I didn't have to listen to NYC teachers moan to me all day long that they have to delete email. The girlfriend and I separated earlier this year, and she took the dog (btw, I had a dog). So now it is just my XBox and I for the time being. I've been getting back into DJing, doing mostly Happy Hardcore and House mixes. I had a gig a few weeks ago, first one in many years, on a table that wasn't mine. Needless to say i was ecstatic to be back in the game, but the people attending were less than please with my performance as a whole. Who knew a rave for Gabber and Trip-Hop would hate on the Happy Hardcore guy? I still am driving the Scion tC in which after several tunes I am now running a 14.9 in the 1/4th mile. Being in a high altitude climate with no bolt ons means I am the fastest stock '05 Scion tC naturally aspirated in Colorado Springs. Makes me feel happy, especially when I blow the doors off of most Civic SI's and Audi A4s.

Now, onto the reason I originally started on this site; Heelys. I still have every pair I ever had, which makes me feel kind of awesome. I don't think I'll ever part with them because of how much fun times and how much they really mean to me. Yeah they're just shoes, but to be honest, those bastards were my life for over two years. From the first time strapping them on my feet until the day I ended it all I don't think I've worn a pair of normal shoes. How could I just trash something that meant so much to me? But post op I think I have strapped them on maybe fifteen times total. Mostly just for nostalgia purposes. I've been to a few street parks that I used to ride at. I can still grind, but the thought of vert makes me lose control of my bowels. So I've mostly been sticking with flatland and street. Around here Heelys are a dying breed. I think I am one of the only people (kids and adults) who still use them in Colorado Springs. I saw a couple kids dicking around in a mall up in Denver once, but they were so young I felt like I would get arrested if I started talking to them. I miss the days when I would just glide around a store getting yelled at by employees just to look over my shoulder and see some teenager gliding to a walk giving me the thumbs up. But I guess that's just the way life is.

So I think I blabbed your guy's [eyes] off enough, so I'm going to wrap this up. I just wanted to say that I'm still alive, and though I may not be heeling like I was a year ago I still think about you guys pretty often. It blows that Heelys are slowly fading away. Like mentioned you know they are really digging to the bottom of the barrel when they are doing direct sales, and after how many years? I give it til 2015 til they close shop for good. I hope I'm wrong, but you all know I'm right. So keep it easy kids, and keep it safe. I can't stress that last part enough.

Talk to you all later,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:13 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Mav - its awesome to hear from you. I too pop by here from time to time .. and coming across your post today, I'm glad I did !

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
wondercheese
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:49 am  Reply with quote

Good to see you Mav! Sorry to hear the leg is still bum.

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:59 am  Reply with quote

Hey man, great to see you. Smile

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
I just wanted to say that I'm still alive, and though I may not be heeling like I was a year ago I still think about you guys pretty often.

Yeah, same here. I don't heel much but I still pop in from time to time. Smile

Just before you had your accident I was thinking of a way to thank you for all the stuff you'd helped me with shipping, and all the long chats... but the only ways I could think of were stuff like sending you some megaverts or something, and after the accident I didn't know if you'd still like them? Social skills never were my forté but yeah I wanted you to know I care etc - hope that makes sense? Smile But I definitely remember you and won't forget all your help and kindness. Not sure what I can do for you but if you'd like a free pair of large megaverts or something just say the word and I'll ship them right off mate... no charge. Smile

So yeah, just writing to say sorry we haven't spoken in a while but I definitely ain't forgotten you and I'm glad you're doing ok.

And hey, that car sounds pretty nippy - nice work. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:38 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

Ahhh mav good to have you back.

One thing I love about this site is that everyone is like a big giant family and cares for each other,

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:39 pm  Reply with quote

merlyn_DHC wrote:
I too pop by here from time to time .. and coming across your post today, I'm glad I did !

I try to pop in more, but just to read what everyone's been up to.

wondercheese wrote:
Sorry to hear the leg is still bum.

I still have it so its nothing too bad. Plus the pain reminds me I'm alive

Merrie_England wrote:
Hey man, great to see you

You can see me? But dude, it's been a minute. When I get some time to myself I'll hit you up with an email. And the car is saucey dude. My ultimate goal is to make it beat Merlyn's bike. However I think I would need a rocket

EmmaHeelz wrote:
One thing I love about this site is that everyone is like a big giant family and cares for each other

You won't find that kind of bond anywhere on the internet (for free anyways)

And to everyone else, if you care to see what I'm doing in life I do have a Twitter which I use almost daily. So if you want to stalk me, have at it

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:35 am  Reply with quote

Hehe, seeing as it's an evening after a long day at work (playing GTA4 since there was nothing to do today lol) I'm drunk as a skunk right now, so I hope this makes sense. Wink . . .

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
You can see me?

Hehe, yeah, I saw that Fox special on how to google for private in-home webcams that people have forgot to set-up the proper security for... man that's some fun to watch!

LOL, Just kiddin - see you around Mav Wink

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"