Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  So I may be Done Skating...
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

Glad you're on the mend mate. Best wishes from England.

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
wiz
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:55 pm  Reply with quote
Wiz-Meister

at least you can still heel, but sounds like no vert. at least you'll still be in touch with us
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:32 pm  Reply with quote

The No-Vert is a personal choice... I can do everything I could do before the break, I am just starting to lean away from doing the more extreme stuff on Heelys. Vert was never my favorite thing to do anyways, but with the decreasing amount of street parks (4 closures in 3 months), I had nothing else better to skate on...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

Forgive Me Heelers for I have Sinned. It has been 1 month, 21 days since I've last worn Heelys Very Happy

As an update, I am now wearing regular shoes on both feet! I can walk for long distances without being in massive pain, and most of the swelling is down. I still cannot run, jump, or anything else, but that will all come in due time.

I am still waiting for the rest of my XRays which should be around the 8th of September and I can officially get you guys all the neato pics of my broken leg

So take care kids, and remember, be safe

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wondercheese
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:19 pm  Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are doing better! It sounds like it's healing pretty well.

wondercheese

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:43 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I still hope you can manage to get the metal unscrewed, possibly a bit at a time.

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:44 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Glad to see you back on your feet!

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
im goin outside
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

Just read the updated story about surgery day and WOW my ankle break surgery was nothing compared to yours. The electro shock nerve block...??? WHY. I just had a small needle in the back of my thigh, And that lasted for 2 days. As for knock out gas, i didnt have any. It was all in an IV injection that happened almost instantly, and felt really cool. and the nurse missed the IV 3 times before she tried to find the vein by wiggling the needle around in my arm, ouch. I was able to keep on my shirt and boxers so i just slipped on my pants when it was done and i was off to home. The BIG soft cast, a.k.a elephant foot, i got that for a week. Then it was a reular cast for a long while then a boot for an even longer while. I probably wasted 4 months of that year on crutches. Im so happy for you that you are walking already. Then there was the removal. That was the same procedure but a little faser and alot less recovery time. [quote]I still hope you can manage to get the metal unscrewed, possibly a bit at a time.[/quote] Unfortunatly that will have to be all or none. Getting a little at a time would be multiple surgery visits, multiple LARGE incisions in the same place, multiple stitches and recovery time and ultimatly more chance for malpractice. But im not even sure if all of the hardware would come out.

God that is the longest post i have ever done. But is whimp sauce compared to MERRIE'S posts.
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 pm  Reply with quote

This is a huge Necro, but I have a pic of the Plate and screws...

Sorry I haven't been on lately... a bunch of stuff has been complicating things. I have more pics, just no time to upload them. But here is the pic... As you can see there are 3 screws, which I found out AFTER I got the bill (in which everyone and their mom is billing me). But I am now able to walk again, and I am slowly running. It still hurts, but I should be back skating by March... I'll keep you all updated

Slicer wrote:
I still hope you can manage to get the metal unscrewed, possibly a bit at a time.

Naw, they said it is in there forever, and that it would be a worse surgery to get the plate removed... It bothers me, and you can feel the plate through the leg, but I'm getting used to it

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Mav, nice to see you mate.

That pic is just... I'm speechless (which as you know is not a usual thing for me) Smile

So glad you're on your feet again. You do whatever you need to mate, your health comes first.

Bet that's going to make for some fun explanations at airport metal detectors eh?

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 pm  Reply with quote

AWW, Here I go, Sounding like a suck up, but Mav was always my favorite casual skater.

I'm sorry to see you retire, and I'll miss seeing your videos. You had a good run though, and I have respect for your ability.

[Tue 21:23] Slicer: you are now the moderator of Canada
seth1230
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:01 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

LOL at the screw at the bottom.

In all seriousness, you'll be missed.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
RougeSkater
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm  Reply with quote

Your done skating!?Well can't you recover from it!
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:05 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice sentiments... But yeah, I am done skating except for some roll around Walmart and the Mall kinda thing... But its cool, I am still going to be extreme, just not with Halfpipes lol... I am taking this time to finish healing and to get the rest of the dexterity back in my foot and I am going to take up Mountain Biking... Get off the streets and up in these oh so beautiful Rocky Mountains -says sarcastically-

But no, I need a change of pace anyways, and without and formal coaching and a lack of good skate spots around here I was reaching the max of my potential.

Funny thing about the 3rd screw... They bolted that into my fibula, through the tibia, and the back through the fibula so now the two bones move as one per the doctor. I lose roughly 1% range of motion, but it means the plate won't rub across my calf causing muscle collapse when I am older. I was like "Double You Tee Eff" when I saw it sticking in there.

But again, thanks for the nice comments, and for the support over the years... if I would have made it to March 9th, that would have been 4 years I think... maybe 3... something like that.... Its amazing how crazy its been. But I will be poking my head in from time to time... You kids are awesome and have supported me for so long, it would be lame not to support you guys... plus, I checked out some of the Mtn Bike forums and they are no way as chill as you folk (thanks to the overlord). So you may be seeing some of my progress through there, and who knows, if I get itchy I may just break my other leg... Nothing wrong with wanting to be more like a terminator, right?

im goin outside
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:48 pm  Reply with quote

Now i ride dirtbikes and thoes arent EXACTIALY like mountain bikes but it seems like you would get hurt more speeding down an boulder ridden hill than a flat skate park but i know everyone has to move on and find a fresh new thing to try. Keep being bad ass in your next venture MAV! Smile