Heelychat Forum Index
<  Picture & Video  ~  new vid e oh
sara48
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:44 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN238k3dKws

I might have another vid soon aswell, cos I just found lots of footage from early june that I forgot about Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wiz
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:15 pm  Reply with quote
Wiz-Meister

Yay, i just need some ground footage and im done with mine. i got about 45 seconds of vert and that's all i have so far. ill watch yours when it's done processing.
sara48
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am  Reply with quote

cool Smile

and btw, the "wooo!" at the beginning isn't me, it's my friend Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
im goin outside
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:06 pm  Reply with quote

OMG!!! that whole video was SICK!!! good job
seth1230
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

^agree

And do the words on the back of your shirt mean what i think they mean? Very Happy

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
sara48
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

thanks guysss Very Happy

seth1230™ wrote:
And do the words on the back of your shirt mean what i think they mean? Very Happy

but no it doesn't mean what you think it means Sad I reaaaaallllyyyy wish it did though...
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:05 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Vera Nice Bera Nice !!

Some fun things for you to try next.

1. When you're going backward (which looks really nice BTW), try hitting a 360 and pump back down the ramp.

You lead right foot when going backwards, so try spinning to the left. The higher you can do it, the better it looks. You lead right going forwards so experiment a bit (I switch going backwards).

See here (beginning of video) I'm doing some:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mjd-pmPxss

2. Try a footy stall to footy drop in. If you nail it nice and high, its a nice visual change-up to your routine.

Again - see here (at 12 seconds):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mjd-pmPxss

3. I really like your Frontside on vert .. that's looking very nice. Maybe mix up the way to drop back in. Right now you're grinding left to right (nice nice). But instead of going in clockwise, try Kami out the grind (just go counter-clockwise). This might be a little hard .. but if you're feeling it, try it out.

Its fun and looks mad sweet when done right. Just remember that your entry should be a be wide (over spin a little) .. this is because your momentum is carrying you left to right (and not just down). The faster you hit this on your grind, the more you have to overshoot. The more you've already slowed down, the less you have to overshoot (because your horizontal momentum is less).

That's what this young fella is doing wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8hwE4UD2VQ

See in second 18-19, he comes out of the FS Kami. But since he didn't hit the FS clean, his momentum is stopped. When he overshoots the Kami (which you should do on FS), he doesn't have the momentum (FS wasn't clean). Otherwise this would have worked. Seth does it better in 1:11. Try to come out of before the end of the grind .. and it looks hot.

Nice Gels Smile .. I guess you use just one sometimes because the handplants?

Looking really good tho. Really good. What are you, looking to win Heelychat Comp back-to-back ??

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
sara48
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:04 am  Reply with quote

thanks!!

LOL the vera bera thing made me laugh.

I've tried those 360 things before, haven't got any on video though, I will for my next vid. I'm also working on a 360 air tru thingy Very Happy

Umm, do you mean a footy drop in? because it looks like you just go in normally ? other than you jumping up higher than me before you go down again Smile

and kami's .. I really don't like them. Well, they look good, but I've been scared to do them ever since I smashed my head doing one (In my first ever vert vid). I guess I'm gonna have to try them again some time, so yeah I'll work on it. The annoyng thing is I know I can do them. grrr! They're like my arch-nemesis!

and yeah I just use one sometimes because of handplants.

Thanks for the advice Smile
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:15 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

No problem Chicka!!

Um .. hmm .. what was I saying .. OH YEAH (sorry on some flu medication right now. Brains a little cloudy) .. Footy STALL .. not FOOTY Drop-In .. WAYYYYyyyy different. Footy drop-ins are doable .. but I don't recommend it .. Just a nice pop pff a footy stall changes up the routine a tad.

And yeah .. I know what you mean about Kamis and falling and all that. After I fell on the Koby, I didn't want to do it for about 10 whole minutes. Then I made myself do it. But yeah, I know what you mean.

G'Luck!
MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?

sara48
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:45 am  Reply with quote

haha I thought that was probably what you meant Smile

see 0:11 (frontside footy) and 1:29 and 2:24 (backside footy). I tend not to hold my stalls for very long so thats probably why you didn't notice them.
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:40 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Ah - got it .. then that's more of a style thing I guess. You've got the free wheelin' WHHEEEE style for that stall. Mines a bit more deliberate. I stop and then pop into my spin.

Cool.
Vera Vera Vera ...

MDHZ