Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  WHERE'D THEY GO???? (can't find Heelys on the shelves)
DeezUU
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

Bid on some brand spankin new toxic torches for Lo yesterday but missed em (had to go celebrate with a friend of mine heading for the mid-east) so we did an in-store search to pick some up today. NOTHING! Not Journeys, not Finish Line, not even Nordstroms (where all the old demos were). We searched EVERYWHERE. I know the brand seems to be changing their image and trying to get taken more seriously, but what happened to being able to actually BUY them?! Lo has been sans wheels for about 4 months now and is really itching to get back in some rolling kicks again. We'de love to get him into another pair but this is getting ridiculous.

seth1230
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:02 am  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Either they're doing really bad in your area or they're doing sooooo good they're off shelves because all my normal stores have all the new styles and some old styles. Except for nordstrom.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
DeezUU
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 am  Reply with quote

We talked to the peeps at Journeys and they said they're selling off the existing stock and not getting anymore at their location. I'm pretty sure Finish Line was the same deal as they had them in the past on the clearance rack and now there's no sign of em. The 1 place we did see a few pair was at Coastal Edge (local mega surf conglomerate) but it was only Atomics and something else Fat'ed.

We did sit down this morn and have a talk, though.... he didn't want grind plates as he rarely used em but Slice made a good point that if he wants to try out for the team again >> he's gonna need plates in the future anyway. Might as well get em but that limits us to Torches, Pro's, and Evo's. He didn't want another pair of Torches (kids gotta keep it fresh, I guess) so it looks like grey/red Pro-Series FTW. Question I have now is..... I've heard the new heelys fit correct. He's in a 3.5 now >> we were going to get sz5 torches. Should we do sz4 Pro's?? We can't just go 'try em on' anywhere.

seth1230
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:34 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Pro's were out with the previous line and aren't part of that whole "New shoes fit true to size" rule. So yeah, go with 5's.

I really think pros are tighter around the toes so it's a shame you can't find a store with them so he can try them. Zappos is good with that though, order the 5 and if he feels its too tight zappos excahnges them at no cost and supplies the stuff to exchange them.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
im goin outside
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

Nobody must like sending poor Idaho stuff. The only pairs i have seen were all the older stylesin super small sizes. The biggest size i have ever seen on a shelf was sz 10 GT's. but thoes didnt last long. It would be cool to be able to go to stores every now and then and try out different styles. bah humbug.
wondercheese
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:09 am  Reply with quote

I live near Idaho, and I found some of the new styles (the ones that look like converse high tops) in the big five, but only up to size 8. The only mega style they have is Escapes though. They also have them at Finish Line in the mall too. And that is Moscow, which is TINY. I haven't checked in C'dA or Lewiston.

wondercheese

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
bonkers_kat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

DeezUU wrote:
Bid on some brand spankin new toxic torches for Lo yesterday but missed em (had to go celebrate with a friend of mine heading for the mid-east) so we did an in-store search to pick some up today. NOTHING! Not Journeys, not Finish Line, not even Nordstroms (where all the old demos were). We searched EVERYWHERE. I know the brand seems to be changing their image and trying to get taken more seriously, but what happened to being able to actually BUY them?! Lo has been sans wheels for about 4 months now and is really itching to get back in some rolling kicks again. We'de love to get him into another pair but this is getting ridiculous.

Journeys kids got em! Not Torch, but new stuff..
DeezUU
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

Wish we had a Journeys Kidz in VA... no dice, though. No biggie > ordered Pros from Zappos last night. Should have chooz by Friday.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 pm  Reply with quote

Journeys kids also sells online iirc. As does finishline. Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
DeezUU
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

It's hard to get the poor kid's foot into the disk drive of my computer to upload his foot so we can be sure they fit!! Haha

jk. we got him pro's now. they're a lil' floppy (sz5) but he's gettin use to em. extra thick sox ftw

Slicer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Deez? Can he use them all right? Are they a size too floppy or is it good?

RougeSkater
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

Yes yes I can't find any Pro's anymore nowere only FATS
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 pm  Reply with quote

DeezUU wrote:
It's hard to get the poor kid's foot into the disk drive of my computer to upload his foot so we can be sure they fit!! Haha
I always recommend buying too big if anything for growing feet. Laces can always be tightened and insoles can always be added, but if they're too tight they'll only get worse and that's a tough one to solve unfortunately. Smile

But glad you found some pro's with plenty of room Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:07 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Heelychat store or Halo-Sports-Inc.com . I think we still have that size.

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
DeezUU
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

They're the biggest kicks he has right now > but some nice thick insoles helped snug em up. He's gettin use to em. Goin from Sz2 Torches (that I had shoe-horn stretched) to 5s... you can imagine the weight diff. But yeah... he's gettin his roll on now. And we're once again revisiting the idea of a garage mini-half. The 1080 straight up fell apart at the seams!