Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Regional teams again??
DeezUU
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:09 pm  Reply with quote

Just noticed an actual listing for a 'central' team on the Heelys website. Is this what I think it is?? Are they starting up regional teams again?? Am I hallucinating??

Me and Lo were sitting back throwing down a couple o' beers yesterday (mine a stout, his a root), and we got to remembering the good times we had traveling to the different malls around SEVA and teaching young upcoming groms a tip or 2 about what heeling/hybrid sk8ng was all about and get them rolling correct. We didn't mind... we never got any pay from it at all... we just kinda tagged along with the other team members and had a good time. We (well... me and the wife mostly) enjoyed the time spent on the road and the groms enjoyed meeting new peeps (after Lo got over his initial uber-shyness that I'm sure Bonks will remember). There was always a very small turnout and you'de only hear of the showings via the website which was rarely updated. Man... if someone actually put out the effort to pass the word, lightly advertise, and show up en' force... DAMN that woulda been epic.

So now I see there is a quasi-application for team members again and they hint to something similar to regional teams again. I think we're all gonna dust off the kicks... (and buy new ones for Lo/Ev since they are still squeezing into too-small shoez) and go shoot some more vids and send in another ap. Hopefully someone will get this ball rollin again and we'll be back in the game!!

seth1230
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:14 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

They've been around. Just not as active. The southeast regional team is active and so is the southwest team (Texas'ers). Almost all the region team members in northeast are on pro team now so i haven't heard from them. HSL got a new CEO so i hope store demos are coming back. I always had a good time at those. I know HSL asked my the kidd-o's on my team to fill out profile surveys and send in head shots so they're probably even putting regional teams on the website. What i'm really hoping for is for the team to expand to other countries. I know they started Team Heelys France, but what about UK or canada? We've seen good heelers come from both.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
DeezUU
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

That's great news. I thought the regionals went the way of the dodo.

That motivates me a tad more to get busy filmin so Logan can send his stuff in again. He's been on and off for about a year as no one around here heels anymore. Ev still has a 'whatever' attitude towards it but he's always good for a tag-along.

seth1230
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:37 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

And lo is a flatland beast so you got get him up and out there again. Definitely host from your site thought. YOUsuck is annoying.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ