Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  Dear Microsoft
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:31 pm  Reply with quote

OK, so this is to anyone who had an Xbox, and then got an Xbox 360, despite knowing that any company ran by a college drop out will slowly bleed you of every dollar that you have...

OK, so I had an original Xbox which I bought exclusively for Fable and Forza. I was in paradise. I created an XBox Live Gamertag and had many hours laughing like a school kid when I shot someone in the face when playing Halo. Then, on one faithful evening, I read about the XBox 360.

I can't tell you how many times I was punched in the gob for talking about the superior hardware that the XBox 360 has to offer. Who cares if "Kameo" was a launch title; it would still kick ass.

So waiting in the lines outside in Colorado weather (which, if anyone knows that day, was blistering hot, then sub-freezing weather that changed within a 30 minute time frame) awaiting for Sears to open their doors so I could get my XBox 360 (I was working for them at the time, so why shouldn't I get 10% off half a thousand dollars in merchandise). I was literrally the 3rd person in the door, just because I caught myself in my zipper when pissing on the very store that would grant me so much joy (and pain, as you will soon read). I danced into the store with the hoardes of fanboys wanting to get into the action. I mean, seriously, there were hoardes. We even had CSPD on the scene just because someone would go nuts and ruin the whole deal.

But enough of that... Fast Forwarding past the boring stuff (like battling through the masses clutching a not so light bag full of goodies, and then driving through the insane drivers trying to read their game manuals before they got home) I made it home and I opened the box. I had to take a minute; breating in that fresh, premanufactured air that comprises of the "Xbox Smell" (everyone who has one knows what I mean). I delicately unwrapped all of the cabling, making sure I read every word (in English and Spanish, just so I didn't miss anything) of this new hardware that Microsoft made it out to be more complicated then myself. Actually, thinking back, I think I cried a little bit (I'm still manly, it was tears of joy).

So the days bled into weeks, weeks into months, and my gaming collection, along with my GamerScore, reached the limits of borderline insanity. I was addicted... It was worse then any drug or hold that could have captured my feelings. Then it happened; RRoD (Red Ring of Death for you Sony and Nintendo Fanboys). I was livid (more then livid, but I am trying to keep this as family friendly as possible).

Now, being someone who has worked in retail and knows the value of protecting your investment with a $50 protection plan, I searched my receipts, honestly knowing I bought something to cover my butt. After finding the Fountain of Youth, Jimmy Hoffa, and the Meaning of Life, I turned up empty handed with not finding any receipts. Then I remebered where it was! I ran to my XBox 360 and lifted it up... I FOUND IT! Searching for a plan, my joy became rage when I discoverred that in fact, I didn't buy the plan (I now rememberred that I thought an extra controller would be way cooler then a protection plan).

Freaking out, but still semi-calm, I called XBox Support, needing to hear a comforting voice, but instead I got a recording to go online. Well damn, I should have thought of that (because who would think that in a time of need, we would need to go to XBox Support Online for assistance). After hours of navigating through ads and dead links, I finally found their repair site (back then, it was impossible... Now, it is at the front of their homepage). "So," I said to myself, "Now I am here, what the heck do I do?" I clicked on the links, carefully input all the required data, and continued forward... wait... what the hell? MY SERIAL NUMBER IS INVALID?!?!?! DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF!!! So I re-input the Serial Number several times each time with the same results (Insanity is trying the same thing and expecting different results). So finally, following the stupid computer, I called XBox Account Support (wait... you mean I could have bypassed all this work?)

After getting a hold of the obviously outsourced people (3 different times) I was given a case number and a shipping label to send my XBox to them. The box came, and I sent my XBox out to them, in good faith that I would be back and playing within 6 - 10 business days. Wrong. Instead, I was back up and playing again within 6 - 8 business weeks, with an XBox that had several bumps on the case and it smelled like cheese (I was hoping for the new "Xbox Smell" that I have grown to love, and was rudely surprised). Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. I was compensated for my time though... I was given a copy of some NBA Basketball game (which I never played because I loathe the sport) and a month free of XBox Live Gold (which I had before, and I was forced to pay for almost 2 months of service I couldn't use... Good one, Microsoft). So onward I moved, playing games to mellow out my frustrations (because I finally got to play Halo 3, and headshots always make things better).

About 2 months later, my XBox started acting up again, but this time it would not read any of my games. I became freaked out and I called immediately to the Help Desk and I spoke with someone named "Adam" (I remember this because jokingly I said "That's not your real name" and he said "You're right, it's ___________ (insert a 14 character name with only 1 vowel and make it work)"). I told him of my scenario and my frustration and he asked me to get some information from the back of the console. I read him the numbers and he said "OK, we can get it fixed for you for $60 plus shipping and handling of the units". Wait... WHAT?!? You guys fixed the console, then shipped it back out to me, and now I have to pay money??? Shouldn't it have some stupid warranty deal on it saying that I am coverred for "X" ammount of days (come later, I found out I was coverred; for 60 days). Very frusterated I called "Adam" a few choice words and abruptly disconnected the call.

So now I am sitting here, over $2,000 in games, devices, and periphials, and no way to use them. So I decided that instead of getting screwed a 3rd time, I would get a new XBox (which cost me more, but I had a later manufacturor's date, meaning that I wouldn't be screwed if the other XBox would break another 2 months later). So with my new Xbox, I had to cancel XBox Live Gold, and just keep Silver, because I couldn't afford it with the new monthly payments I got myself into.

Once I finally paid the XBox off, I decided that I would upgrade my Xbox 360 to the Gold status again. I marched off to the nearest GameStop and I purchased a $20 Xbox Live card and a buttload of Microsoft Points. I wanted to get all of my good gaming stuff validated prior to getting on XBox Live, just so I can use all my bandwidth for the Downloads, the kick some more butt on the servers. Once I spent all my points (which I still think it's weird, why use points when you can just use dollar ammounts which is all the same anyways) I finally tried to use my card... which doesn't work... OK, so now I am getting peeved... I tried again and still no bueno, so again, I am on the phone with tech support.

After 30 minutes of explaining my situation to someone who doesn't give a shit about me, they stated that they would be escalating my case to their Tier 2 who would then call me back in 2 days. Taking his word, I waited, playing games that didn't require being online (Dead Rising was my game of choice). Then, two days came and went, as with the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. Pissed off on the 7th day (No Rest for this God) I called back XBox who stated that it would now be 10 days for them to get back to me, and the clock starts now... Wait... NOW?!? Why not 7 days ago? Oh, because the jackass who first took my call never routed the case properly. Thank God I am not paying these fucks... Oh wait... Yes I am. So at this point I lost it. I feel sorry for that tech because honestly, he tried (at least according to him; in my book, he didn't do jack shit). Pissed off more then anything now, I took my case number, disconnected, and waited.

Two weeks into the future, Xbox is no where to be found. So I called back... "Oh, we tried to get a hold of you" they say... "Really" I said, "Did you try to FUCKING CALL ME???" Their answer was quickly followed with the line disconnecting. OK, so we now know that I have to treat these people like... dear God... people... I called back and this time I tried the nice guy approach. It got me far... Far meaning I had to call back in 20 minutes to talk with the supervisor. So I waited, and 20 minutes on the dot I called back, and again I had to give my story (isn't that what the ticket number is supposed to do? I mean honestly, I want to see one of these tickets... "Some jackhole called, his XBLA is messed up... Don't worry, it'll buff"). So I finally got to a supervisor who sounded just like one of the techs I spoke with in the past. Again I gave him my whole story and finally he stated that he would personally have the people look at my account and he would personally call me back as soon as he heard something.

Three days later some chick called me back (or maybe it was the supervisor who just finished up his sex change). She stated that my account has been corrupted and that I needed to make a new one. Yeah folks, I needed to make a new one... Tens of Thousands of Gamer Points down the shitter... I mean, anyone here knows how hard the Gears of War 10,000 kills is... I got that... But not anymore... So fuck it, I just want to own some noobs... So I made my now IVI4V4R1CK account. For my trouble, XBox gave me a year of XBox Live for free. Sweet deal, knowing that I'll use that entire year rebuilding my GamerScore.

So I was pretty ticked, and I decided to use the XBox Live for a Year and then just not worry about it. I let it run it's course and I just gamed for recreation. It really hurt to see all my work go "Bye Bye". So the year came and went, then another year, and now we have arrived to about a month ago.

I just decided that it was all too much to handle... Left 4 Dead, Fable II, Forza III coming out this Winter... I mean, I needed to get back online. So I went back to GameStop and I purchased me a nice little 3 Month Card. "3 Months will get me back into the swing of things" I said... Oh Hell No...

Again, I input my code into the Xbox and I get the same shit as before... OK... How in the HELL can my GamerTag be corrupt??? I can still access friggin' Xbox Live Silver for Christ's sake. So again with the phone calls and the hours waiting for someone with the intelligence quota higher then a loaf of bread to tell me what the fuck is going on. I was given a slew of answers at why I could be having this issue (all of them different, and one tech set a record of 3 different reasons why it happened all in the same call). Again they stated that my XBox Live Account was jacked, and they would give me another year for free for the trouble, that I just have to re-re-create a new account. For those of you who don't know, "Maverick" is a pretty common name, and now almost all variations without being exclusively gay have been taken, two of which by me). So I said screw it... I still have the code... I have a GamerTag... I just unjacked quietly from the XBox Live network and have been silently playing video games since.

So this is my story, the reason why all things which started under Bill Gates should be destroyed. I mean, how many BILLIONS of dollars get spent QUARTERLY to upkeep their friggin Servers? How many THOUSANDS of people had gone through the same SHIT I have, and have been shoved under the rug? How many HUNDREDS of dollars have I spent in the years supporting this gaming console (I can tell you, and it ain't pretty... I have more invested into my Xbox then my car, Star Wars collection, and Heelys all bundled up). I am sick of this, and I am sick of the way they have treated me... Treated us. All I wanted to do was to give you my money, but instead, you guys don't want it... So fine... I'll keep it...

Due to the massive ammounts of money I have already spent, I am going to continue to buy games for my Xbox, but no longer will I be appearing online... Who knows, maybe I'll buy a Wii and take a stab at their On-Line Gaming (oh wait...). All I know is that 1 Xbox, 2 Xbox 360's, and 2 GamerTags, I have officially called it quits. Who knows, maybe when this Xbox takes a shit, I'll be posting all my games on the Commerce Section... All I know is that for now, I have officially given up and will no longer be attempting to go online and get that "Perfectionist" status I have always wanted (because every XBox person here knows that you need XBox Live Gold to get all 1000+ points per game for almost every friggin game). I will modify every bone in my being, just to prevent myself from starting over, one last time. Is it ludacris? Probably. Should I just shut up and deal with it? Probably. Have I just waisted your time? Only if you have the attention span to make it this far. All I know is that I'm done, fed up, and the PSNetwork needs to watch out, cause if I have to, PS3, here I come.

Oh, and by the way, if you're curious on knowing why my GamerTag got fucked up, its because I didn't log into my Hotmail Account 60 days after making the account. So I was able to use the service, until I had to revamp for it, then the Hotmail was already closed. From that point, Microsoft will not re-associate the gamertag to another HotMail or Window's LiveID (notice I said will not, and not cannot. The fuckers know they can, they just want to see me suffer). Ironically, no one at Xbox could tell me that, I had to go to different forums and discover it myself, as it is the only explanation to the same exact scenario I've had. Plus, it's a lot better the "Because after so many years, the XBox servers will delete accounts if they go online with massive gamerscores to keep the other people from being intimidated to play" - Actual XBox Live Help Desk Analyst (funny, I though that's why XBox Live supported Game Ranking... huh, go figure)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:52 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

And people ask "Hey Slicer, why didn't you buy an X-Box?"

Welcome to Microsoft Hell.

IBF
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

Maverick I feel for you bro this shit happened to my friend about 30 times.

[Fri 15:52] IBF: i had dream that i was with my parents at HCG and you were the only one there because everyone was coming and then i pointed you out to my parents and they thought you were a pedophile
[Fri 15:53] IBF: but then i was like "no thats slicer the beholder of ultimate banning power"
[Sat 17:18] Slicer: does IBF create awkward silences by his mere presence?
[Fri 21:55] Homicidal Potato: ahh the place to myself...wheres the lotion?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:06 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

*can't believe she read all that, except i skimmed one paragraph*

Holy crap, this is why Microsoft < Apple.
Apple should make a gaming console,
you know how good their customer service is?

Sorry, mav. Neutral

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:14 pm  Reply with quote

iGame... I can see it now... A console for the musically gifted and people who have an odd obsession with Nature Pictures XD (I can't complain, all my computers are iMacs lol... How many people do you know who have an iMac Windows Server???)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wiz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:17 pm  Reply with quote
Wiz-Meister

is that the longest post i've read yet? Anyways, i guess im using my xbox money for a new 9ft rail
Kain
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:29 am  Reply with quote

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
iGame... I can see it now... A console for the musically gifted and people who have an odd obsession with Nature Pictures XD

That would be me
Smile

Anyway, I think an apple game system would be great...everything made by apple has a quality standard. The down side? Apple Tax will probably make it cost over $1000

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:26 pm  Reply with quote

And the fact that they would never get any developer to actually port games to their system. Even if they would, they would have so much stupid "Apple Only" Software/Hardware that the entire game would have to be changed.

The best thing that ever happened to Apple was switching to the Intel based computers (which is why a lot more games are being ported to the Mac OS). However, due to the competition, I doubt Apple would ever make a gaming system... That would spread them too thin and something would be bound to fail (cough cough Microsoft)

im goin outside
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

WOW. That is amazing. I must be lucky. The only problem i have ever had is when the hard drive took a dive. I sent it in and got it back in like 1 week. I bought the 360 a month after it came out, with the noisy ass fan and the wierd habit of freezing. My 360 is like a great car, 300,000 miles and the only time i had to take it to the shop was for that one oil change at 170,000, (no not really). Sorry bro, tech support is just a fancy work for "People from India reading the same crap on the "help" menu on the company's web site.
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:37 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah dude, I know a few people with experiences like that, where their XBox 360 has lasted them years... Then I know people who's XBox has lasted them 2 weeks... It just depends on what batch you get... I think it is an 83% fail rate, so you might be of that 17%... unfortunately, I'm not

wiz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:41 pm  Reply with quote
Wiz-Meister

one of my friends go a RROD, and insted of sending it in his parents just bought him another.
Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:37 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I've had my PS3 for about a year now, been running it fairly much constantly since I bought it (866 Work Units on Folding@Home, woo), and except for bad-programming game crashes it hasn't died once.

It's a cultural thing. Japanese take failure as a personal affront. Microsoft is failure.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

Just got round to reading that post but all I can say is:

Ouch!

That's a stone bitch... I know a little of what it's like because I used to be a serious gamer when I was 21 (late 90s), when online PC games were just becoming available. Living at home between University terms my mom would get pissed at me because she'd see me there at 11pm, and I'd not have moved an inch by 3am, except maybe to piss and grab more drinks and snacks LOL - I'd spend days hooked into one game or another, completely forgetting to do boring stuff like eat or sleep. Smile

*Has fond memories of the old tricks like putting socks on your hands to prevent your fingers literally bleeding from use on the not-so-ergonomic controllers of the 90s* Smile

It's weird tho, one day I just woke up and had a sort of epiphany... and now I can't seem to get into games much no matter how hard I try. Every now and again I buy a brand new game (like the latest from the Sims franchise) and all the expansion packs and official guides that go with it, and although I get time to read the guides and plan a wicked strategy for how I'll play it, I never seem to actually get round to PLAYING! - At least not before a few years have past and my version is obselete LOL.

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"