Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  Just got back from Orlando....
DeezUU
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

It was a bitter-sweet vacation for the family. Me and the wife had our 10 year wedding anniversary trip planned but something interrupted our scheduled events. We ended up sharing our moment with the groms and my mother-in-law as well as some other family and a very special cousin, Gracie. We got the call that she was on hospice care and would be taking a trip to Florida so we dropped what we were doing and headed south. We spent a pretty awesome week with our little cousin and it really hit home how much you need to appreciate what time we have here on earth. She's heading to our neck of the woods for a few days this coming up week and then venturing on north to other places she wants to visit. It's hard to think positively when situations like that arise, but that little girl has brought joy and put smiles on so many faces. We enjoyed our trip much more than any other ordinary vacation plans could have provided. Knowing how much pain and discomfort she is in yet still pulls off smiles.... mindblowing!

Just thought I'd share this with you youngins and hope you all get to experience the fullest lives and enjoy all the people surrounding you.

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 am  Reply with quote

I don't think I have the words to do justice to the feelings that accompany such events.

My family and I just wanted to say that our thoughts are with Gracie and family.

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
DeezUU
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:48 pm  Reply with quote

That little girl brings meaning to life for me. It makes every day feel like a gift and makes you appreciate the minutes in a day and the seconds in a minute. I've really opened my eyes a little more since being around her. For example....

when we were in Orlando, we visited Seaworld. I'm not 1 to blow $$$ on things I deem trivial, but when the opportunity presented itself to feed and touch dolphins, I at first said "hell no! that's $7/person/tray!! just to hand fish to a fish. that's dumb." and with the large number of us there... we're talking a nice chunk of change. Then I thought to myself > you know... how often would something like this come along in everyday life? and what if something happened tomorrow and I never took the time to do something unique?? who cares if it cost a ton of skrilla... but unfortunately Logan didn't feel the same way. he saw those teeth and said NO THANKS!! but we sent Evan in with 2 cousins, a granny, an aunt, and the ol' wife and they all got the interact with about 14 dolphins. it was cool to watch and I have pics I'll try to put on here later. but at that time... I decided it would be a good time to spend with Lo. we just hung out and did dad/kid things and enjoyed each others company for the 1.5 hours it took for the fam to return. I didn't get to pet a dolphin or feed one, but I got to spend some very quality time with someone I love. besides... I've surfed with dolphins before... and a few whales (gotta love frigid Atlantic Ocean winters!!).