Heelychat Forum Index
<  Tips Tricks & Techniques  ~  How did you get good?
wiz
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:30 pm  Reply with quote
Wiz-Meister

I practice in my garage alot. No skate park in my town, so I just use things at home. I finally got the 180 ad 360 down, but the crabwalk is giving me a lot of trouble.
im goin outside
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:37 pm  Reply with quote

How do you get good? I am in no way good, i can hardly do a 180, but the best way to learn a new trick is...to talk on the phone while doing it. I got lost in an hour long conversation while rolling around my house. While talking i was inadvertentaly doing the same trick over and over. By the time i was done talking i could do the trick perfectaly. And i was completly oblivious to how long it actually took.
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

By Sucking...

If I didn't suck at something then I would have nothing to work on. By no means am I good, but I like to take my failures and build from them.

Also, I try to do things my own way. Granted there are only so many ways to do a frontside grind, but I like to do a frontside grind on the edge of a building, if you get my drift.

The other tip I give is to have balls. God gave you bones so you can break them. I am not saying to go jump off of the London Bridge, but don't be afraid to bump something up.

Also for my final tip, have a camera man. Taping yourself can be good also, but a camera man can get you nailing the same trick at different angles. You can see if you don't like something and try to modify it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:54 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
By Sucking...

If I didn't suck at something then I would have nothing to work on. By no means am I good, but I like to take my failures and build from them.

Also, I try to do things my own way. Granted there are only so many ways to do a frontside grind, but I like to do a frontside grind on the edge of a building, if you get my drift.

The other tip I give is to have balls. God gave you bones so you can break them. I am not saying to go jump off of the London Bridge, but don't be afraid to bump something up.

Also for my final tip, have a camera man. Taping yourself can be good also, but a camera man can get you nailing the same trick at different angles. You can see if you don't like something and try to modify it.

YEAH .. what he said.

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes