Heelychat Forum Index
<  Picture & Video  ~  Merrie's Heelys Wallpapers
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:18 am  Reply with quote

The other day I was just minding my own business having a bath, and this weird idea popped into my head about how the Heelys logo is reminiscent of an "S" if mirrored and turned on it's side, so today I put that idea into practise to make a logo suitable for wallpapers or T-Shirts or whatever.

Think I'm gonna get me a blue shirt with this printed on it, to confuse Superman fans - maybe combine it with a "one arm forward, one leg behind" manual Very Happy

1600 x 1200 version for printing. Could also provide it in 1920x1200 and other widescreen formats with a little work if needed

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:42 am  Reply with quote

OK, raining a lot again today, but just because it's not really heeling weather doesn't mean I can't contribute to the heelychat community: There seems to be an acute lack of Heelys related desktop wallpapers on the net, so I made another one of my "Super Hero meets Heelys" themed wallapers.

This one's inspired by the new Pro Series Heelys logo, and reminiscent of something Flash Gordon might wear. Smile

I don't have fancy software like Photoshop with all it's vectored editing mallarky, so these took me about 4 hours to make using a standard raster editor, so I hope people like it. Again, I can make these up to about 1920x1200 but as it's time intensive I won't post the larger sizes unless someone particularly needs it for printing or whatever.

Also, I can't decide which version I like best: the one where the lightning bolt is dominant and the H is in it's usual shape:

Or the one where the Heelys "H" is dominant but wider than usual:

I prefer the bigger, wider H, but I realise this H does not have the same aspect ratio as a standard Heelys "H", so I included the first one for those who want to keep it original. Smile

I suppose I could do a combination of the two (1024x768 jpeg example) where it's the bigger H but squished so that it's not much wider, but then the white background looks kinda like an egg, but then when you work on something it's hard to take a step back, so I leave that to you to decide if it looks ok. Very Happy

JPEG tends to screw up the background so here's a couple of links to PNG versions, but I won't embed them or those of you with slower net might struggle to load the thread:

800x600 with the smaller H

1200x800 widescreen with the large H

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
seth1230
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

i like the flash H, flash has always been my favorite, i can never find the costume though when halloween comes around.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Wider is better ..

Reminds me of the Incredibles.
Very Happy

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:09 am  Reply with quote

merlyn_DHC wrote:
Reminds me of the Incredibles.
Very Happy