Heelychat Forum Index
<  Picture & Video  ~  The Heelys Coach website launch!
Buffomoves
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 pm  Reply with quote

Hello Heelychat!

I'm officially announcing the new website dedicated to my work as a Heelys artist for the stage and screen.

www.theheelyscoach.com

Please come by and check it out. Feel free to send me any suggestions to my e-mail through the "contact me" tab or simply rate and comment my "Heelys Coach" promotional video there on YouTube. I'll also be checking back here regularly for your input. Smile

This video is a trailer for the website. It showcases Heelys used as a special effect for characters in an assortment of Shakespearean plays that myself and fellow Heelys-enabled company members have acted in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiiKhiEZk-c

or

www.youtube.com/buffomoves

Beneath some editing experiments with some new plugins here and there, the video is a collage of clips synced to music. It addition to the stage clips, it contain clips from my years of collecting footage as a TC with Team Heelys in San Francisco from 2002 through my transfer here in Los Angeles back in 2005.

The website promotes Heelys as an exciting theatrical element. My hope is that choreographers and directors will follow my promotional material to the website and investigate Heelys through the video archives there once the videos have been remastered. Most of them should play. Let me know if any links don't work. I know that the audio in the first half of the Mercutio vs. Tybalt fight is doubled. I'm working on it.

You can also find information about my movie that is due out next summer. In "Road to Red", my character uses Heelys as a steady-cam to shoot skateboarding videos. Keep your fingers crossed for this one, team. If it does well, Heelys will make a HUGE splash. The second teaser should be out very soon!!!

"Pericles Redux" is another tab you might like. A play I went to the Edinburgh Fringe Theatre Festival in Scotland with this last August. More than 3,000 people saw me perform on Heelys on that stage. We were one of the highest reviewed shows there. That's saying a lot because there were over 2,500 different shows! See the pictures and read the reviews on that tab.

Thank you so much for your well-informed comments on my website and video. Please feel free to send my "Heelys Coach" video far and wide. Help me get Heelys on stages across the globe!

later skaters,
Michael Buffo
Team Heelys West Coast Team Captain

"Everything must be based on a simple idea. Once we have finally discovered it. [it] will be so compelling, so beautiful, that we will say to one another, yes, how could it have been any different." -John Wheeler (1911- ), physicist
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:49 am  Reply with quote

Nice vid. I love the bit at 0:18 where you're heeling down the slope which looks like a dirt track and leaving a cloud of dust behind Smile

And the bit at 1:37 where you stall the tree and powerslide down it - At least I think it's a tree, must have smooth bark? Very Happy

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:13 am  Reply with quote

... And I still wonder why I moved from San Diego... Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Buffomoves
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:23 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, the bark on the Palm Tree was smooth enough.
Why did you move to San Diego?
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:25 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Should grind on a tree.

(yeah .. that was pretty random)

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
Buffomoves
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:50 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, I know. I had to use it though. What else am I going to do with that kind of shot?

"Everything must be based on a simple idea. Once we have finally discovered it. [it] will be so compelling, so beautiful, that we will say to one another, yes, how could it have been any different." -John Wheeler (1911- ), physicist
heelingforlyfe™
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:03 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - SoCal

hey mikey .. just by the way .. your website's down .. :/

seth1230™: we be on our hoes all day.
seth1230™: i mean shoes.
DeezUU: I keep my shoes in check on the daily
DeezUU: gotta keep your gimphand strong!!

seth1230™: im on a boat and
HannahHeelz: it's going fast and
heelingforlyfe™: i've got a nautical themed, pashmina afghan

SEBASS IZ MAH BESFRANNNN.
Buffomoves
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 am  Reply with quote

Ahh! I haven't paid the bill yet. It'll be back up tomorrow. Thanks for the alert!