Heelychat Forum Index
<  Midwest/Central US  ~  Chicago Heelers?
ShadeS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:59 pm  Reply with quote

Hey All,

Represent the chi town. Where do you guys all meet? I've been heeling for a minute and everyone here just scoffs and jokingly asks that they make them in adult sizes too? I haven't met anyone old enough to drink that wears these. I certainly can't be the oldest on on the block. Whoever is around, I want to meet up at some skate park, or something!

Hit Me Up!
-ShadeS
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

Hey ShadeS, I'm not in the Windy City but I'm an older heeler (30) so I know how you feel. I've encountered a few negative attitudes towards a mature person skating, but there are some great older skaters too, so don't let it get you down. In fact, Heelys team captain to date is a fellow adult skater like us: David Chau, age 36, and an all-round great guy - helped me alot with keeping my head in the game Smile And the captain of the heely team I am part of (AMN) is 36 too. Smile

So don't despair, and besides, who cares if some people aren't open minded enough to accept that heeling isn't just for kids, do what you feel man Smile

Peace out,
Merrie (England).

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"