Heelychat Forum Index
<  Commerce  ~  How does commerce work?
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:28 pm  Reply with quote

Ok... So how does selling work? I give you my adress you give me yours and I hope I don't get ripped off? Is it done through soemthing? I made this primarily since I want seth's ZEVOS (what size are they btw?)

[Tue 21:23] Slicer: you are now the moderator of Canada
Hidude28
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:34 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys

that pair of zevos has gone from gabby to H4l to seth we should keep passing the torch (or in this case evolution) for a long time or until they fall apart

I LIKE EMOTES

~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 pm  Reply with quote

What?

seth1230
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:49 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Once again i said im not sure if i wanna sell them anymore and it should probably be donethrough paypal although h4l bought gabbys through the mail. Oh and someone had asked me before you tuna theyre an 8.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:21 am  Reply with quote

~~>Tuna<~~ wrote:
Ok... So how does selling work? I give you my adress you give me yours and I hope I don't get ripped off?
Well, if you didn't know the other person or thought the other person might rip you off, then of course it wouldn't be smart to send them money, but in my half-dozen transactions with HC regulars, I've never been ripped off. Smile

~~>Tuna<~~ wrote:
Is it done through soemthing?
It can be, but it doesn't have to be: If your transaction is done through ebay/paypal, you sometimes have the fall-back of their buyer protection systems, which can refund you if you get "ripped off" but when you think about it, whenever you buy on eBay, you send the money first, and hope that the seller sends the goods, don't you? Smile

So, there's always an element of the "honour system" involved with these kind of transactions. As I say, you just have to use your head, and decide how risky you think it is depending on how much money you need to send, and how well you know the person. Smile

For example, I'd happily send up to a few hundred bucks to (say) Seth or Mav for shoes if they were selling some I wanted, because I've seen them around enough to know they're genuine people like myself who are interested in heeling. If a new member was selling something, I'd not send as much cash at first, since it's a bigger risk, you get me? Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

So.. Just go with trusted people? =D Heelychat regulars, like you, mav seth, MDHZ, H2, Mac, Slice, etc?

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:33 pm  Reply with quote

~~>Tuna<~~ wrote:
So.. Just go with trusted people? =D Heelychat regulars, like you, mav seth, MDHZ, H2, Mac, Slice, etc?
Well, I dunno about me, I'm a bit shifty Very Happy But yeah, the others are all fine Very Happy

lol j/k. I'm honoured that you consider me trustworthy. Not sure if I qualify as a regular yet, I'd say I'll have to be here longer to accept that title Smile

Although despite only being here a few months, I have come to think of it as a home of sorts.

ConnorHeelz
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:42 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Brand Rep

is emma trusted? XD

2-2-07/Razzles)(4-13-07/Evolutions)(10-9-07/Clutches)
PEAR MEMBER: Pickle, Emily, Arly, Rawn-Tawn. REPRESENT!
i gots me .43723e=mc238034 ghetto points
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:59 am  Reply with quote

Well, obviously, or I wouldn't be offering to send you money for those Zevo's Very Happy

~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

Hey, I don't think i can get the zevos. Money is scarce, and we're comign up on christmas./

seth1230
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:38 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

I don't think i was selling em yet >.> and cody had first dibs.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:39 pm  Reply with quote

Me and Mr. England here already have a working business relationship...

A while back I posted that I would help people out if they needed something, I would be on the look out for stuff.

Well ME took me up on that offer and he discovered a few pairs of shoes he wanted.

He sent me a PM asking me, so I found the shoes and I had him PayPal me the money. From that point I bought the shoes.

They are currently in the mail, but when they get here I will ship them out the ME and he will pay me for the shipping again via PayPal.

I bet the same concept works for other people.

So in your situation Tuna:

You would pay Seth via PayPal for the agreed amount price of the shoes + shipping and handling

Seth would send you the shoes and you would tell him your address via PM

Now if you don't feel safe giving out your address, find a medium which can complicate things, but its safe.

What would happen is Tuna would tell me his address and I would give Seth my address. From that point Seth would ship me the shoes, and then I would ship the shoes to you. It would cost more and would take longer for you to get your shoes, but it would be safer. It can go the same way if you are worried about being screwed for your money. You would PayPal me the money and Seth would send me the shoes. When I received the shoes and the money, I will send them out. So Seth would get paid when I receive the shoes and Tuna will get the shoes when I get the money for everything.

All in all, buying stuff online is about trust. I have a friend who is spending $14,000 on a 3 3/4" prototype toy. He is sending about $1,000 a month to this person who may or may not be sending the product. The only thing he has is trust and receipts confirming that the payment was sent a received.

So other then that, that should answer the question to why this was originally created

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger